“modest, adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“modest, adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Desk staff very nice, property itself is adequate but dark and well worn; rooms themselves are nicer, tho the bathroom is tiny. The shuttle is hit or miss -- they use a common carrier with about 10 other hotels, and the order of pick-up and drop-off is anybody's guess ... on the return to DFW, we sat outside the lobby of one hotel for 10 minutes waiting (and nobody ever did come out - irritating). It will get you there, but it could take half an hour or so, on top of the half hour wait for it to come in the first place. I'd probably choose to pay a few $ more and stay elsewhere with a dedicated shuttle and nicer general atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Alva, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Flew in at 3 p.m. Called for a shuttle, one was there in 20 mins. to pick us up. Quickly got checked in. Room was clean. Microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker were all in good shape. There are several options of places that deliver to the hotel, but there are no nice restaurants near by if you are without a car. My husband had some business that needed to be taken care of the morning we were to leave. I asked for a late check-out. We were allowed to stay until 1pm. Breakfast is from 6 to 9, so if you are a person who likes to sleep in, that will be a negative. Breakfast included everything from bacon, eggs, and waffles to danish and cereal. The only thing that was irritating to me was how stuffy the room was when we arrived. It took a couple hours to get it cool, that was turning on the air to highest, coldest setting. However, once it was cool, it was very comfortable the rest of our stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ozark, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of the good customer reviews and because we needed the 24 hour a day airport shuttle. Hotel was just mediocre. It was shabby, rooms small, bathroom tiny. Upon arrival, we put our name on the schedule to be picked up by the airport shuttle the next morning at 5:25 a.m. We arrived in the lobby to catch the shuttle a few minutes prior to 5:25 a.m. the next morning. It never came. When we asked the desk clerk, he said "it's already been here and gone". He also said "didn't the day clerk tell you to be down here 15 minutes early?" NO. The did not tell us that. Then he said "the shuttle came and left early." He said we could wait for the next one which would have been too late or he could call us a cab - cab ride was $20 (this is also what the hotel website said). We said we will just take the cab. He then called a cab on the phone and talked like he was talking to a good buddy. The taxi arrived and when he dropped us off at the airport it was $29.00!!! We believe they have quite a scam going. I complained to the hotel and asked for a refund of the $29.00 taxi fare and they called me and proceeded to tell me it was all our fault. I wrote to Choice Hotels and got a letter from them telling us that they have nothing to do with the individual hotels. So - no one wants to make anything good and apparently they don't care if the customer is unhappy. I will NEVER stay at a Sleep Inn again. Comfort Inn has always been one of our favorites, but the way Choice Hotels treated us, we probably won't ever stay at one of those again either.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick P, Manager at Sleep Inn DFW Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I apologize you feel this way , we here at the hotel take all reviews and comments very seriously ! I do remember your situation and I did contact you to see what we can do . Let me assure you we do not have No Deal with taxi drivers , we simply call the Taxi Company that provides us quick service . That is simply all we do after you have requested tht you would like to take the taxi and not wait for next shuttle ( which was provided by hotel , which is free) you declined and preferred for us to call Taxi . When I tried to call and see what we can do for you, all you were doing is yelling at us and would not let us speak . Once again I am Sorry you feel if we are not trying to care but . To resolve a situation it takes understanding form both side . I hope you would not feel we have scammed you and give us another try .. Thank You
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Coming into DFW after four flights, I just needed some place to shower and sleep before catching my final flight home. Shuttle service was fast and the driver was helpful with my several bags of luggage. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, mission accomplished. If you like to jog to get over jet-lag, you can go towards the parking area and turn right at the dead end and there is a little quick road that passes through a bit of green. it was refreshing first thing in the morning after being confined to an airplane for many hours.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed here for one night before flying to Korea out of DFW. Was able to park my car at the hotel for 10 days while away. The staff was friendly and efficient, room was small but clean and comfortable and included a fridge and microwave. The breakfast was solid with some hot and cold options. I did not notice any airport noise during the night. The airport shuttle is shared with other hotels so not the fastest and was crowded but it did run on schedule. Keep the hotel number in your cell and when you return, call and ask for specific pick up spot for your terminal - I didn't quite get the specific spot and nearly missed the shuttle. Not much else close by other than airport parking and hotels is really the only downfall. Nice stay, would return again of need be.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Bloomfield Hills, MI, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The only reason this review didn't get a terrible rating is because the bed was comfortable and room was clean. Unfortunately, at the point when I finally was able to go to bed, it was the last thing I cared about. Checking in was a nightmare with one staff member who kept blowing us off to help anybody else who came to the desk, then couldn't find our reservation and took FOREVER to put us into the system. Then, there was a very large group of 20 somethings staying the night who were obnoxiously loud, talking in the halls, banging doors, etc. I wouldn't mind during the day as much and if they weren't old enough to know better, but this was at midnight and these people were all adults. We had to yell at them twice after asking the front desk to get them to be quiet. The check out the next morning at 3:30 am (because we had an early flight) also took an unnecessarily long time and the lady could have cared less about our complaints. I never suggest staying here unless it is a last resort!!!!

Room Tip: Try to get off the first floor or else you can hear people outside of the hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Arrived here, hot, tired, and a bit ratty after travelling 6,000 miles in 24 hours. My phone not working so had a bit of a saga phoning for the pick up shuttle. Eventually arrived and first impression was " I'm not gonna like this place". But, after 10 hours solid sleep I realised its fine.
Room very clean, new equipment, great shower. The room faced the airport and you could see the tail planes. But no intrusive noise. Paid for the room in England and got a very good rate, one of the cheapest around the airport. Rate included breakfast but I slept late so can't say what it was like. Downside is all the doors are painted drab brown. Why? Took two goes to find the elevator, that's painted brown and looks like a room door.
This is fine for an airport stopover. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Shuttle van picks up for a few hotels. The Sleep Inn sign on the Van was small so I missed it first...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Sleep Inn DFW Airport? Share your experiences!