“Nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brick, NJ
“Nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I've been to this hotel a couple of times on business. Its a really nice hotel located in a nice (and probably luxurious) neighborhood. I did not check out the restaurants or stores located about a block or two away. I had a suite which was huge but too much for me. Bathrooms had the bath tub and shower separate. Rooms were clean. I even had a balcony which was nice and you can see downtown Dallas. They give plenty of pillows and seem to range from soft to hard. I did not mind this at all. As I always do, I check for bedbugs by pulling the sheets from the corners. All was clear. I did not have time to explore the hotel but it looks huge.

They have a "Starbucks" in their gift area. Its not a true Starbucks but they have a small version of their espresso/coffee machine. I had a caramel mocchiatto which tasted like it was from Starbucks. Not bad. They had some pastries and bagels for purchase.

Overall, I was impressed. I am sure this is a higher end hotel with higher end prices. Our corporate rate was $175 so not sure what they charge retail customers. I would recommend this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that when your plans bring you back to the DFW area, you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Dallas Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The place is beautiful, food is absolutely delicious, service is exquisite and party rooms are warm and friendly. Parking is ample and free in their garage. The experience was magnificent in every way shape and form.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear your experience was so wonderful on so many levels and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to our area.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I came to Omni Mandalay for a business seminar for 3 days. The accomodations were excellent. The bed, even the pillows ,were very comfortable. I was located on the 26th floor
with a beautiful view of the lake. It was also nice and quiet. The front desk was very helpful and answered my questions.
Outside was a nice walkway and grounds and there was a wedding reception going on.
The room was large and very nicely decorated. Amenities/toiletries in the bathroom were good .
I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: 26th floor facing the lake was awesome!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased you found the overall hotel grounds to be impressive and that the friendliness of our staff and comfort of the accommodations were so memorable. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Haubstadt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This past March was my second visit to this hotel for a professional symposium. It has a very nice and well decorated entrance and lobby. The room was very large and comfy. The gym/excercise area was very nice plus the grounds behind it (bordering the lake) is a great place to enjoy the view. I did not make use of the pool outside the gym but it looked very nice.

The staff was top notch. The inhouse restaurant is good and they have a small bar that is a great place to have a sandwich n beer to unwind after a long day.

The only bad thing about it is it's located in a business park area that isn't within walking distance of any attractions, restaurants, etc. Though I did visit a place just down the street named "The Cellar Restaurant & Bar." I visited there once before (and didn't like it at all) but I thought I'd give it another try. I'm glad I did! It is under new management and is definitely worth trying out if you're in the mood for a casual meal and a cold beer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that when your plans bring you back to the DFW area, you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back!
Fulshear, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Omni Mandalay is a beautiful hotel. Located in a somewhat isolated, but very nice part of the Dallas Metro.

I had to be in Dallas over the weekend on business so decided to take the family and make a little weekend vacation out of it.

When we first checked in we were sent to a room that had yet to be cleaned from the previous guest. We were re directed to a room that was clean. Not a great way to start the experience.
Our new room was nice. It is nicely furnished and well supplied. The bedding is very nice, and the beds themselves are comfortable. The bathroom is also nice and well supplied. Both areas were very clean. The room was also very quiet.

Breaksfast the next morning was average and service non existant. Buffet was not "fresh" and we enjoyed the ONE cup of coffee we were able to secure from our server before she vanished.
We did have a better experience the second day, the buffet was very good and the service was great. So the dinning is 50/50 bet. Which is really too bad, given the cost of the buffet is not cheap.

The pool area is nice with a great location on the water.

Parking is complimentry if you self park, which is nice given most properties like this charge for the privilige of parking your car.

Although it seems as if the hotel is isolated it is actually very close to many dinner dinning options.

I would go back to the Omni, but I can't say it would be my first choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with detailed feedback of your recent stay at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. We always appreciate hearing from seasoned travelers such as yourself on what we are doing well and what we may be able to improve upon. We are happy to hear the majority of your stay was pleasant but obviously disappointed in the ways we missed the mark and have passed your feedback along to our management team to address. Thank you once again for providing us with this review and we do hope to have the opportunity to host you as our guest again soon!
Rye, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Attended a law conference in mid-March. I thought the hotel did a great job from the bellman, conceriage and valet. I was most impressed with the banquet food - it was great (for banquet food). The only negative was that the coffee was not hot at the stations. Nevertheless, I thought the Omni was very good. Oh - and I left behind a couple of personal items - the hotel has been great in locating the items. I will return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear your event at our property was such a success and that our service left such a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

What an awesome experience for my wife, and our three kids. We fell in love when we first walked in, but we made sure to reserve our judgment until after we finished our two-night Easter weekend stay. I have to tell you that we are definitely going back to this hotel every time we visit Dallas from now on. It's quiet, roomy, and the service and amenities were so so great. I can't even put into words. One thing though, don't you all start flocking to our new spot all at once, we need to make sure there is still plenty of room for us when we get a chance to come back later in the year. I would give 10 stars out of 5 if it would let me. Great, great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are so delighted that you and your family had such a memorable experience and fell in love with our hotel over the Easter weekend. We definitely hope to see you at the Omni Mandalay Hotel again very soon!

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!