“Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 E. Las Colinas Blvd., Irving, TX 75039   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 76 hotels in Irving
Dallas, Texas
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have the pleasure of eating at the Omni Las Colinas quite a few times and was just always suprised by the quality of the food. You would not think this is a hotel meal it's more like eating in a Five Star Restaurant.

On one ocasion my waiter ask if I would like an after dinner drink I told him the only drink I would enjoy at that moment was a "Limoncello" but I would pass because he would not be able to make it like the ones I had in ITALY. He told me he would try - when I tasted the limoncello that was made for me, I was in awe! just the way I love it or just like I am used to having it in ITALY.

Room Tip: The Suites or Rooms overlooking the Canal is a great choices
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are delighted you had such a wonderful food and beverage experience at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback and look forward to seeing you again!

846 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

very nice but felt so uncomfortable by some of the employees at the bar area they acted funny towards us but check in was great rooms were decent very modern but nice..would probably go back but not to sure if I want to the best omni is in downtown dallas I felt comfortable there but the beds were comfortable in las colinas as well and hotel was very clean.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review our property and we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay!
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights with my teenage daughters for a mother/daughter spa weekend. When we arrived were given complimentary chocolate covered strawberries with a "have a great weekend" note. Definitely sign up as a select guest. It's free and u get several extra goodies and special services. Nice pool on lake and great fitness area

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you and your daughters had such a nice stay and that our extra touches left such a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We recently stayed here for a single night for a wedding. The wedding rate was fantastic ($109) and maybe tainted our overall opinion. We thought the stay was a great value and we'd definitely stay there again.

The entry is beautiful and had a large table covered in orchids. The lounge areas of the lobby area lovely, quiet, and serene.

The front desk is very understated, tucked into a corner. If someone hadn't show us the desk, I would have never guessed it was the check in desk. The front door staff were efficient, friendly, and quick to help with directions.

There is a garage with free parking. I love a hotel with free parking. It drives me nuts when I have to pay to park when I'm already paying for the room. There is also valet, but the garage is literally a few feet more and you can drive your own car (I'm not a fan of valet anywhere).

The room was large and comfortable. The fixtures were old school and a bit strange. The bathroom sink reminded me of something I'd see in England. Everything worked well if a bit antiquated looking. The view was of the office buildings and we could see for miles and miles beyond that. It wasn't a bad view. The only thing I would change about the room was to have a quieter fridge. The refrigerator kept going on and off all night and it was quite noisy. It wasn't noisy enough to ask for another room, especially since we were only there for a single night.

The wedding venue was within walking distance and that made everything so much easier! There were also some restaurants you could walk to, but we ended up at Le Peep about a mile away for breakfast.

Overall, a lovely hotel with good staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear your experience was so lovely and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to our area.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. I stayed for two nights for a conference. When I arrived, I noticed stains on my comforter. I called the front desk to inform them and within minutes it was replaced with a fresh and clean comforter. Also the service was great. On the last day of the conference, I realized that the conference wouldn't end until after check out time. I explained my situation to the front desk and I was allowed to check out a little later than 12. Thanks Omni Mandalay! Rooms are huge. I loved that I was able to control the tv with my iPhone. Elevators are lightning fast. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are disappointed to hear of the issue experienced when you first entered the room but pleased to hear our staff rectified the situation so quickly and that your experience overall was so outstanding. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is in a high tower nex to a small artificial lake. So you dont feel too much being in an urban area, as there is grass, water, and trees around the place, which make the view relaxing. Entrance and loundge are pleasant,breakfast are fine.
Mid distance between downtown and the airport: great if you plan to work in the Las Colinas business area.

Room Tip: select high floor to get some view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Midland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly OK full service, sclerotic Omni. But the hotel does all the things I have come to dislike about these places. Endless add-on fees for everything. I had business in Las Colinas and only stayed here because more nimble business competitors-Hampton, HIE, Hyatt Place--were sold out. That's telling, and should alarm this chain, because prices were comparable. Best pluses: high def TV worked nicely, excellent breakfast buffet, though very pricy.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!