“Sold!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 E. Las Colinas Blvd., Irving, TX 75039   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 76 hotels in Irving
“Sold!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I are completely sold on Omni hotel brand based on our positive experience at Omni Mandalay in Irving, TX. We are already planning other trips to places where there's an Omni!

They did not even neglect the parking garage stairway and had an air freshener installed and scented with pine trees so it actually smelled pleasant walking the stairway. And the staff - exceptional! From the time I called to ask questions before booking to our checkout, EVERY single staff member was respectful, courteous, and helpful. I would love to know their secret to having such great staff. They must treat their employees very well!

Our room was of decent size. I would have rather book a suite with a king bed as we got two doubles in a standard room because our four year old needed a bed for himself. Their deluxe room didn't offer a sleeper sofa as I was told. The standard room was very roomy though and our son was able to spread out his toys on the floor and play while he watched PBS on their free tv service.

The location was very quiet and I appreciated this very much. The holiday traffic was not a problem there in Irving so no stress. In fact we visited the Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine and were thinking of staying there prior to booking at Omni and I'm so glad we didn't! It was a madhouse!! It was like going to an airport with all the crowds and traffic. So I think whether intentionally or not, it was very wise to choose the Irving location to build the hotel for those travelers who are not interested in staying where all the activity is.

There are some minor things I will point out about our experience only so they could improve. I didn't notice survey/comment cards to tell of our experience so I'll leave them here.

- the popcorn ceilings were dirty by the vents (I'm also not a fan of popcorn ceiling for that reason - too hard to clean and easily gets dirty)
- the sink and bathtub seems clogged. It took a while to drain the water from our washing hands and showering leaving a slimy residue.
- the Morsels store was very slow in service. There were two people ahead of me and it took the lady who is an older Phillipino woman a long time to get the orders for coffee and checkout. She seemed easily frazzled. Also my husband's regular coffee was lukewarm.

All in all, we had a wonderful experience at Omni and would not hesitate to stay again and highly recommend it to others!

• Stayed December 2012
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you are "sold" on the Omni Mandalay Hotel and the Omni Hotels & Resorts brand overall based on your recent stay! We take pride in our customer service so we are happy to hear you found the staff to be so exceptional and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Irving area or to any other Omni Hotels & Resorts property.

801 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Imagine that during your long flight, Hilton, where you mostly stay, sends you an email that they are "revising" their club points program to "more accurately reflect current conditions" and that during that same flight, you get another email from Omni, where you rarely can stay, that your status has been upgraded. That sets the stage for this:

I rent a car, drive to the Omni Mandalay, where there is free covered and convenient parking, walk into a truly luxurious lobby, check in, and go to my room. When I open the door, it's an honest to goodness suite, like with big rooms, windows on multiple walls, two televisions, and furniture I'd have at home. The bath has luxury towels, separate tub and shower, as well as a complete set of amenities.

I feel certain this is not the average room in that hotel, but no matter. The entire hotel is a delight. There is lush landscaping, an extremely well equipped fitness center, good restaurants, extensive meeting facilities and a staff to die for. Other than my room, I do not believe I ever touched a door. Everyone from the doorman to the hotel manager was on duty and out front. No request unanswered or delayed. Frankly, for the conference rate we paid, I'd have expected an average Hampton (no offense, they're nice in their own way).

Also nice is that you can access the fitness center without going into the public areas of the hotel. In addition to the typical equipment, there are full spa services available.

If there is a downside, the room showed a little wear (not much), but the bed was very comfortable. The work desk was good, but the desk chair was upholstered and not adjustable, making the work surface hard to reach comfortably. There were plenty of plugs, but they were scattered around the room, and so were my gadgets.

The air conditioning was well sized to the room, so there were none of the typical hot/cold cycles that make sleeping so difficult. I slept soundly the entire week, which is unusual for me.

The location is in a community clearly developed according to a master plan and also pretty new. It is attractive, but lacks character. The Irving Convention Center is a mile away, walkable, but the sidewalks end abruptly requiring walking over prairie land. These empty spaces surely will be developed someday. There may be some noteworthy restaurants in the area, but they aren't obvious.

I did not have time to take photos of the grounds or common areas, but they are lush.

If Omni is trying to win my business from Hilton, they certainly know how to do it. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review and we are very pleased to have a new fan of the Omni Mandalay Hotel and hopefully the Omni Hotels & Resorts brand! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and hope to see you again very soon.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

If you're in Irving, look no further. Their standard ('deluxe') room is a very decent size, by joining Select Guest you immediately benefit from complimentary water, free wifi, garment pressing etc, normally things you expect to pay for in a hotel of this nature.

The Italian restaurant is outstanding, great food, well priced and a terrific wine list.

All round good experience, which leaves me thinking I should try a few other Omni Hotels on my travels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you enjoyed all the aspects of your stay at the Omni Mandalay Hotel and do hope that you will try other Omni Hotels & Resorts on your future travels!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel isn't new and some of the rooms could really use some work. (Some coworkers ended up in rooms with murphy beds that could also be used as meeting rooms. The decor and layout was really off-putting and they ended up switching rooms.) But the value was pretty good. It's close to the airport, so you can get in and out. But I would only stay there if I had business in the area. The staff provided GREAT service. Join the Omni Select Guest rogram in order to get free internet. The faster check-in, free breakfast beverage and a free pressing are also great perks. While the hotel may not be among my favorites, I've been at a number better Omni Hotels and their Select Guest program is one of my favorite. Hopefully they'll update this one to the standards of others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to Omni Hotels & Resorts and our Select Guest Program. We are sorry to hear that our rooms and decor did not quite live up to your expectations but are very glad that our staff provided such great service.
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here because we were attending a highly-anticipated event at the nearby convention center for our anniversary.

Keep in mind, I got a really good deal on this place so I am considering value a top priority. No, this is not luxurious nor is it new or modern. I actually thought the service at the check-in area was just OK as well.

What really impressed me was how they treated us for our anniversary. We were upgraded to a suite with a view of the canal and a large-sized balcony. Additionally, the Omni provides small perks such as shoe polishing, pressing your pants, etc. They even spoiled us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! Finally, we were provided efficient transportation to and from the convention center with hardly any wait time.

There is really no reason to complain when the service and treatment is like this. I guess I came in with low expectations and was wowed. I look forward to booking more stays with Omni, particularly at the Omni in downtown Dallas.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
We're so glad you had such an enjoyable anniversary experience and that you took the time to share it! We always love to hear when we've made our guests feel "spoiled" and hope we get the chance to spoil you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed here for business for 2 weeks.

1) Decor and everything in the room looks old and outdated
2) Staff was friendly
3) Breakfast room-service (in terms of quality of food) was just average
4) Loved free newspaper delivery in the morning
5) Cleaning service was outstanding
6) Laundry service was over-priced
7) Bar in the first floor lobby is not good for watching sports. TVs are located in odd positions. I ended up walking 3 blocks down to the Italian Cafe place (with a bar) to watch NFL games
8) Great dry-cleaning place across the street from the hotel
9) Free parking

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review as we always appreciate receiving guest feedback. We take pride in providing a superior level of service and cleanliness so we are happy to hear that both of these areas received high marks with you. We're sorry that some other aspects of your stay and the decor fell a little short. We do hope you will consider us again when your travels bring you back to our area.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was my second time lodging at the Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas. Like before, the purpose was business and the requirement for lodging was to be close to my meeting site, walkable, and above average TripAdvisor ratings. The Omni Mandalay met all these requirements.

Early check in of 1pm was available and my room was spotless clean with a lovely personalized welcome note. And after 20 minutes or so, a lovely unexpected treat of sweets was delivered, compliments of hotel management that must read TripAdvisor reviews, since in the note, there was an apology for the problems I encountered in the onsite restaurant (Trevi's) years earlier.

Mornings and evenings were spent walking along the canal and as before I sensed no safety issues. There are Bose speakers placed along the hotel section of the walkway and the musical exotic sounds of bells, gongs and flutes, was ideal for the stroll. Breakfast was included in my rate, so although my previous experience with the restaurant years earlier was totally unacceptable, this time around I found the selections to be plentiful, scrumptiously delicious, with attentive staff and very friendly/humble breakfast chef.

Would I return? Yes. Will I dine at the hotel? Absolutely!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us a second try and for taking the time to submit this review after your stay. We do take all feedback from our guests very seriously so we are glad we were able to correct previous issues and make your dining experience so much more enjoyable this time around. We look forward to providing another spectacular stay on your next trip to the Dallas area!

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!