“Very large and spacious room.” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 E. Las Colinas Blvd., Irving, TX 75039   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Washington State
“Very large and spacious room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I had a very large and spacious room with a king bed. It had tall windows the entire width of the room. Overall, it was very clean with a comfortable (not hard) mattress. There were two stuffed chairs in one corner of the room, so I slid one chair over to the windows, put my feet up on the ledge and just enjoyed the view of the lake and nearby buildings (day and night). The bathroom was quite large and nicely done in marble on the counter and floor. The walls seemed thick enough, since I never heard my neighbors. This is a very nice place and I would definitely stay here again. Despite being over 100 degrees every day, the conference rooms were cool, but not cold.

Some minor things: elevators, towels and closet door.

I was here for a convention. Late morning to early afternoon on Sunday, the elevators were jammed with people checking out. When our session ended at 5 PM on Sunday, there was a line all the way back to the front door (about 100 feet) waiting for the elevators. Luckily, I was on the fourth floor, so I was able to take the stairs (which are behind an unmarked door next to the concierge desk). It’s also the door to access the service elevators, so they were deflecting people from going in there to take those elevators. I just told them that I was going to the stairs and they let me in. From then on, I only used the stairs.

The bath towels weren’t very soft and two were ratty and long past retirement condition.

The closet door was slightly annoying because it was designed to quickly self-close, since it blocks the door to the hallway. However, you have to hold it open in while you hang your clothes and access them.

Room Tip: Be sure to sign up for their loyalty club so that you can get free Wi-Fi in your room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The front view of the hotel did not do it justice. Everyone from the doormen to the pool attendants were friendly and professional. The management staff was very visible. We attended a wedding reception that was nothing but perfect. Convenient to any type of restaurant you could want.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atascocita, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nice for romatic getaway, business, or family. I will admit that I am a very picky person when it comes to hotels. We stayed here 3 nights (hubby, daughter and niece) while in town for a conference in Grapevine. From the moment we drove up, every detail was attended too. When you walk in, the smell of fresh flowers blows you away, they offer tea, water and lemonade, and fresh apples. The room was perfect! Service was excellent every day/night. The kids did the scavenger hunt - what fun they had. They got a $10 shopping card to use, and they had great fun trying to find all the things on the list. The pool was great also. We went swimming each night, and I have no complaints at all. The view is beautiful. The service was just so excellent. Each and every staff member truly treated us like we were the only ones there. Room was clean upon arrival and clean each day when we returned. Also, we had a problem with our cable the first day, they were prompt to respond and fix the situation. I would truly recommend if you're in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Room itself was nothing special in terms of decor or comfort level, but they did give me a "parlor" room that was gigantic. Staff was friendly and helpful. Best part was the courtesy car, which will take you anywhere within (I think) 5 miles. So helpful. They were also able to book us a conference room at the last minute, which was a life saver.

Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Omni
Friendly check-in. Large room. The only negative, it was hard to adjust the water temperature in the shower. Great food at a convention setting. Great wi-fi. Close to DWF. Great place for a meeting. Very accommodating staff.

Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a nice hotel for a romantic weekend getaway. The building is a little older, but don't let that fool you...everything from the grounds and lobby to the rooms are meticulously maintained and sparkling clean. It is also very quiet...not a lot of partying or loud noise going on. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with the "Romance Texas Style" package. The concierge called me a few days before check in to go over the details of the package, and also upgraded us to a suite, no additional charge. I was very impressed by this level of service before we even arrived! When we arrived at the hotel, there was no wait and we were checked in immediately. Our suite was on the 11th floor and had a spectacular view of downtown Dallas with a small balcony. It was also very clean with a comfy bed. Me and my husband chuckled when we saw the bidet in the bathroom :-)

We visited the pool area which was nice, clean and well maintained. They have covered cabanas that you can relax in, as well as plenty of chairs, etc. They also had plenty of fresh clean towels to take back to your room.

The package included dinner at Trevi's and we thought the food was awesome. You must must MUST have the scallop appetizer if you dine here, they are to die for! This is technically a steakhouse, but they have plenty of seafood options, which was great because steak is not really our thing. The prosciutto sea bass main course and calamari appetizer were also delicious. We had the hazlenut chocolate cake for dessert which was very decadent...I could only eat 2 bites (seriously, it is RICH) but it was darn good! While we were waiting for our after dinner cocktail, the waiter brought us chocolate strawberries and truffles with "happy anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate...awesome!! After dinner we enjoyed our cocktails in the lobby/lounge where the piano guy was jammin' out...you can tell he really loves playing that piano!

When we got back to our room, we were greeted with more chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne!

Our package included breakfast the next morning, which was also delicious and came with all necessary condiments and nice strong pot of fresh coffee with real cream in a carafe (not those little powder packets or plastic containers).

Overall, the service we experienced was stellar, including at Trevi's and we are already planning for our next weekend stay :-)

Room Tip: -Tell the concierge or front desk if you are celebrating anything special. They automatically upgrad...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Global
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The staff at this hotel really are above average. I was attending a large meeting at the hotel, and they were extremely helpful.

The rooms are comfortable. I only ate breakfast at the hotel, so I cannot really comment on the restaurant.

I have another meeting there again in the Fall, and have no complaints.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!