“Love this hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 E. Las Colinas Blvd., Irving, TX 75039   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 76 hotels in Irving
Dallas, Texas
“Love this hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

This hotel is wonderful! Very nice rooms, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Great food too!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

871 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012 via mobile

I can never say enough great things about the Omni hotels I stay in. Upon checking in, we received a list of local restaurants separated by location, price, type of cuisine, and dress code. Our beautiful room was located on the 23rd floor and provided a perfect overview of the Las Colinas mustangs. The location is good, but you can tell it was much better when the Cowboys stadium was so close. My only complaints were that the grout in the shower could use a good cleaning and the housekeeping staff left the door open (not open all the way, buy when I inserted my key the door opened before it was even in). The complimentary parking is a nice feature and there's lots to eat in walking distance. The fitness center is excellent and stocked with a full set of free weights and plenty of cardio machines that overlook the lake outside. When I go to Dallas, I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2011
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
We appreciate your review of the hotel, and while it is overwhelmingly positive, we will address the issues you mentioned with the grout and your door with our team to ensure that your next review is 100% positive. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to your next visit.
Destin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

WOW! We stayed in a suite with an excellent view of downtown Dallas overlooking the horses and wow I was impressed. We stayed 10 nights and this is not only a great business/romantic/family friendly getaway but also an excellent extended stay hotel. Room service is a plus and the staff is at your beckon call to fulfill your needs to make your stay perfect. This is where I will stay from now on when visiting Dallas - you should too! I am a picky traveler and a little OCD about cleanliness and I never sleep in beds when I travel however I slept in the beds here because everything was so clean that it felt like my own home. This says ALOT from me. Excellent housekeeping staff who takes pride in their rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a great view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

This hotel is fine IF you set your expectations properly - expect to pay alot more for the same or less. It trys to presents itself as upscale, but outside of the beautiful lobby and the friendly doormen, it barely can hold its own when compared to a Drury Inn. All in all, I would not stay here again. There are plenty of other hotels in the same range that don't have all the inconveniences I experienced here.

They charge $9.95 for Wi-fi unless you sign up for their (free) frequent guest program. However, even after I signed up for the frequent guest program, they STILL charged my room for the $9.95 and I had to go down and have it removed. (Very inconvenient)

They have an in room mini bar with the standard outrageous prices ($6 for a bottle of water, etc) which is fine except that the lock didn't work properly so I don't know if there was something missing or not. There was a price listed for candy, but there was no candy in there...... I guess I'll have to wait and see if any charges magically appear on my credit card. (very inconvenient again)

I used room service for dinner. The food itself was excellent and beautifully presented. Overpriced as is normal for room service plus extra delivery charges. Unfortunately, they messed up my order and I had to call them back to have it corrected. (inconvenient again, and again)

The breakfast buffet was set up poorly. It is a very small buffet with an omelet chef in the middle making custom omelets. Of course this takes time so the line had 25 people or so waiting to get through the buffet. After waiting 30+ minutes in line, a group of people who were obviously much more "important" than the 20 or so of us left arrived. They were important enough that one of the hotel's staff decided to announce that we didn't have to wait in this line unless we wanted an omelet and led this group of 8 or so people to the front. He proceeded to CUT in front of all of us and made plates for the "important" people that just arrived using all but 3 or so pieces of the bacon. To his credit, he did offer to make plates for anyone else after he was done serving the important people. Perhaps next time, he could start with those customer's who had been waiting for half an hour....? Or better yet, perhaps management can re-situate the omelet line so as to not interfere with the rest of the buffet line. No salt / pepper on the tables. Tables very close together - you couldn't get in between without grazing your backside on your neighbors table. Gratuity and taxes were included in the cost of the buffet so you can imagine how great the drink service was..... (again, inconvenient AND insulting)

The room was basically clean, however a stain on the rug, some mildew in the shower were unpleasant. My room was very small (King room) - big enough for 1 adult but 2 adults would leave you tripping over each other unless you wanted to hang out in the only available space by the closet on the other side of the room. I'm not sure where they put the "450 square feet". Perhaps its the layout of the room that gives you that sardine in a can feeling. A single upholstered chair and ottoman was the only comfortable place to sit. Unfortunately, there were two of us.

Overall, I rate this as a poor experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and we apologize that your stay did not live up to either your expectations or those we set for ourselves. While it would be good if we only heard great feedback, this review does give us areas that we are able to improve, and we are consistently striving for a better guest experience. We know that if you are able to stay with us again you will see that this is not the normal experience and truly enjoy your time with us at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the 2011 Christmas holiday to celebrate our anniversary. The staff were very helpful and pleasant during our stay. As a Select Guest member, I appreciate the extra little perks that are added to each stay. We stayed in a corner suite which was very clean and the view of the Canal in the day and the city skyline at night were quite beautiful. The front desk staff (Nick) and my Loyalty Ambassador (Nicole) were very helpful in making our Anniversary a very special day. Thanks for going above and beyond your customer service responsibilities. We had wonderful stay there, and will definitely be returning as well as recommending this Classy hotel to others. Mrs. B. C. of Dallas, Tx

Room Tip: Select a corner suite, high floor, there quite roomy, not to mention nice views form the balcony
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Good facility ,,,Service can be improved....People are good and understanding...However need coordination to deliver.....My experience with the hotel after reaching there was much better. My assistant was coordinating to set up a VC for me at the hotel...but that did not materialise till I reached..

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

This is a nice hotel that has great service but you can definitely tell its about 20 years old. The NFL had some meetings here over the years so you know its a well-known and well-located hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!