“Excellent Choice - Can't go wrong!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 E. Las Colinas Blvd., Irving, TX 75039   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Destin, Florida
“Excellent Choice - Can't go wrong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

WOW! We stayed in a suite with an excellent view of downtown Dallas overlooking the horses and wow I was impressed. We stayed 10 nights and this is not only a great business/romantic/family friendly getaway but also an excellent extended stay hotel. Room service is a plus and the staff is at your beckon call to fulfill your needs to make your stay perfect. This is where I will stay from now on when visiting Dallas - you should too! I am a picky traveler and a little OCD about cleanliness and I never sleep in beds when I travel however I slept in the beds here because everything was so clean that it felt like my own home. This says ALOT from me. Excellent housekeeping staff who takes pride in their rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a great view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

This hotel is fine IF you set your expectations properly - expect to pay alot more for the same or less. It trys to presents itself as upscale, but outside of the beautiful lobby and the friendly doormen, it barely can hold its own when compared to a Drury Inn. All in all, I would not stay here again. There are plenty of other hotels in the same range that don't have all the inconveniences I experienced here.

They charge $9.95 for Wi-fi unless you sign up for their (free) frequent guest program. However, even after I signed up for the frequent guest program, they STILL charged my room for the $9.95 and I had to go down and have it removed. (Very inconvenient)

They have an in room mini bar with the standard outrageous prices ($6 for a bottle of water, etc) which is fine except that the lock didn't work properly so I don't know if there was something missing or not. There was a price listed for candy, but there was no candy in there...... I guess I'll have to wait and see if any charges magically appear on my credit card. (very inconvenient again)

I used room service for dinner. The food itself was excellent and beautifully presented. Overpriced as is normal for room service plus extra delivery charges. Unfortunately, they messed up my order and I had to call them back to have it corrected. (inconvenient again, and again)

The breakfast buffet was set up poorly. It is a very small buffet with an omelet chef in the middle making custom omelets. Of course this takes time so the line had 25 people or so waiting to get through the buffet. After waiting 30+ minutes in line, a group of people who were obviously much more "important" than the 20 or so of us left arrived. They were important enough that one of the hotel's staff decided to announce that we didn't have to wait in this line unless we wanted an omelet and led this group of 8 or so people to the front. He proceeded to CUT in front of all of us and made plates for the "important" people that just arrived using all but 3 or so pieces of the bacon. To his credit, he did offer to make plates for anyone else after he was done serving the important people. Perhaps next time, he could start with those customer's who had been waiting for half an hour....? Or better yet, perhaps management can re-situate the omelet line so as to not interfere with the rest of the buffet line. No salt / pepper on the tables. Tables very close together - you couldn't get in between without grazing your backside on your neighbors table. Gratuity and taxes were included in the cost of the buffet so you can imagine how great the drink service was..... (again, inconvenient AND insulting)

The room was basically clean, however a stain on the rug, some mildew in the shower were unpleasant. My room was very small (King room) - big enough for 1 adult but 2 adults would leave you tripping over each other unless you wanted to hang out in the only available space by the closet on the other side of the room. I'm not sure where they put the "450 square feet". Perhaps its the layout of the room that gives you that sardine in a can feeling. A single upholstered chair and ottoman was the only comfortable place to sit. Unfortunately, there were two of us.

Overall, I rate this as a poor experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you for your review and we apologize that your stay did not live up to either your expectations or those we set for ourselves. While it would be good if we only heard great feedback, this review does give us areas that we are able to improve, and we are consistently striving for a better guest experience. We know that if you are able to stay with us again you will see that this is not the normal experience and truly enjoy your time with us at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during the 2011 Christmas holiday to celebrate our anniversary. The staff were very helpful and pleasant during our stay. As a Select Guest member, I appreciate the extra little perks that are added to each stay. We stayed in a corner suite which was very clean and the view of the Canal in the day and the city skyline at night were quite beautiful. The front desk staff (Nick) and my Loyalty Ambassador (Nicole) were very helpful in making our Anniversary a very special day. Thanks for going above and beyond your customer service responsibilities. We had wonderful stay there, and will definitely be returning as well as recommending this Classy hotel to others. Mrs. B. C. of Dallas, Tx

Room Tip: Select a corner suite, high floor, there quite roomy, not to mention nice views form the balcony
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Good facility ,,,Service can be improved....People are good and understanding...However need coordination to deliver.....My experience with the hotel after reaching there was much better. My assistant was coordinating to set up a VC for me at the hotel...but that did not materialise till I reached..

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

This is a nice hotel that has great service but you can definitely tell its about 20 years old. The NFL had some meetings here over the years so you know its a well-known and well-located hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
NJ/NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011 via mobile

This tall hotel stands over a lake and on the higher floors like the 25th, you really get to see how flat Dallas really is. Arriving to the omni you can valet your car for $14 a night or park it yourself in the garage. Check in was quick and courteous. The room was very nice. I didt eat in the hotel. Spent the week at the omni. I had to cgange rooms because of business reason. I was put on the 5th fl and on Saturday night the omni had a party which i could hear the music in my room until about 11pm. The room snack bar is outragiously over priced ($6 for a bottle of water!?!) and the hotel charges $10.00 a day for room wifi internet. This is why i could not give a good rating on value. Im not from Dallas so having internet to work and find things to do on down time would have been nice. Overall its a nice hotel with very good staff and service. Its located just off the freeway 114. Close to shopping and not far from the sports stadiums.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for your review of the hotel, and we are glad you overall enjoyed your time with us during your stay. If you join our complimentary Select Guest program, your wifi as well as morning beverage service will be included. Simply ask when you make your reservation or upon arrival during your next visit. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Long Island ,NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011 via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels and I must say this one was exemplary. From the moment we arrived we were treated special. We had a Mandalay suite which was beautiful , a nice view of The Mustangs of Las Colinas. The complimentary morning beverage given to Select Guest members is a welcome thing every morning. Nightly turn down service included 2 bottles of Aqua Panna water and milk and cookies for my 7 year old. Needless to say she was thrilled. Everyone on the staff that we came in contact with was friendly ,courteous and helpful. We stayed at the Gaylord Texan for a few days after the Omni and wish we hadn't. We will definitely be going back to Omni Mandalay.

• Stayed December 2011
We truly appreciate your great words about your time with us at the Omni Mandalay Hotel and look forward to your return visit. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay any better - just let any of our staff know! Thank you and safe travels.

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!