“tired property not up to wingate standards.” 2 of 5 stars

Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8220 Esters Blvd., Irving, TX 75063   |
Ranked #57 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Midwest
“tired property not up to wingate standards.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

I stay at this hotelier group often...and it appears this property is now a 'private' venture as I am pretty certain Wyndham would take issue with the overall run down condition and lackluster service. No working ice machine...any floor...the breakfast was as uninspired as it can get...waited constantly for coffee...vending machines empty...unreliable shuttle schedules (they don't use their own vans)...and the rooms/towels/carpets and overall condition of this place is...well...TIRED...it is close to DFW...but I have stayed across the street at the Westin for less money bidding on a room...it was just...almost 'okay'...oh...the internet service was terrible.

nothing more.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Irving, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Without a doubt the worst service at any hotel I ever stayed at. Manager, Sanja Varma, does not know his own system took cash from me, knowing that he does not how to reverse the charges already charged on my credit card. Complimentary shuttle with begging cards, late everyday from picking me up from class. BUT, mainly sim card stolen from my modem left in draw and front desk insinuated that i was a liar on reporting it. STAY AWAY. There is no way of getting these complaints to anybody of authority so i suppose it is to be expected when you are a law unto yourself!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My mom bought tickets to the Dallas Cowboy game for "the boys" in my family and this is the hotel we stayed at. There were so many mistakes that I would never stay there again! Many things went wrong that weekend. First they couldn't even find my reservation even when we had our reference number and confirmation number. I had reserved 2 rooms with 2 double beds, and when they finally found our reservation, they had no rooms with double beds. Then, we went threw 8 keys just to get into our rooms, which took over 30 minutes!! The day of the game we were going to take a taxi to the Cowboy stadium but the lady in the front said they had a shuttle for free that will take us to the game. So we waited instead. And turned out to cost us $30 per person to take the shuttle. If all of this isn't bad enough, on the way back to the hotel the shuttle broke down and they left us on the side of the highway for about 45 minutes, and we didn't even get our money back. All in all, I have never stayed in a hotel where so many things went wrong. I will never stay there again!! Even when we complained we were not compensated at all, not even a little bit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I arrived for a week and a half stay (booked through Orbitz). Apparently there was a large wedding party that took up most of the hotel. The first room that I was assigned had the lock literally torn off of the door. They gave me a different room... Doors slamming , people running and yelling until after 1 am, I called the front desk multiple times but I soon figured out that I was wasting my time. I slept maybe 3 hours. The pool was very dirty. I tried to switch rooms the next day but the rooms had either a stinch or was right next to the people screaming and yelling. I stayed one long miserable night ,checked out the next day and GM is trying to keep the money for nearly half of the trip that was booked, even though I only stayed 1 night.. The management lacks professionalism to say the least. This place is a nightmare. There is no way that this hotel should carry a 3 star rating....it is more like a 1/2 star hotel. Motel 6 would have been better.

Laguna Niguel, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

I was recently put up at this property by AA after a travel fiasco and I was not sure what to expect. This turned out to be a very pleasant stay - especially after an otherwise crappy travel day and no luggage. The hotel provided all necessary toiletries - they even had baskets out at the front desk for the items not normally in rooms, like toothbrush, disposable shavers, combs, etc... They clearly are used to stranded travelers. The shuttle was as promised and the hotel staff was pleasant and respectful. Best of all the room was spotlessly clean, and quiet.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

I read some of the bad reviews and I didn't find any of the problems they mentioned. The hotel is clean and quiet (other than an occasional noise of the jets since it is in their landing pattern). The staff agreed to a late check out for me and I found them to be young, but nice. The free breakfast was so-so, typical free breakfast hotel fare. The only complaint I had is that the hotel lobby and the hallway to our room smelled like a convention of smokers had been there. My allergies kicked in just from the walk in and to the room. It was a non-smoking floor and facility and our room didn't have the problem, just the lobby and hallway, not sure why.

I would stay here again, although I would rate it below the Hampton Inns I have stayed at.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

Pros
Newly redecorate large room (king, no-smoking room); friendly helpful staff; good breakfast; good afternoon happy hour (beer, wine, chips, wings, etc.)

Cons
Excercise room thermastat did not work so temp stay at 80+ -- much too hot to work out.
Hot tub was cold. Yes, cold.
Ice machine on our 3rd floor did not work. Ice machine on 1st floor did not work. Had to get ice from maintenance person.
Printers (yes, both) did not work in the business center, so could not print boarding passes.
Shuttle was on time, but old, and needed a little cushion and springs -- but it was free and had a friendly driver.

All-in-all, this place needs equipment maintenance. For the price ($115 web price), I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving? Share your experiences!