“Very nice for the Price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale Save 25%
Ranked #59 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Tucson, Arizona
“Very nice for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were forced to stay here because of an airline problem and were given a coupon for this hotel. We were quite impressed. We noticed the "rack rates" and in our opinion (although we were not paying for it) we got a lot for our money. Very clean, well kept and the two guys at the font desk were very helpful. If I ever had to over-night at DFW again, I would not hesitate to stay here. But part of the reason is the BlueFire Grill at the Weston just across & down the street. I reviewed it a few minutes ago. Brisket Sandwich to die for!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Sanjay V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad that we could acommodate you and that your experience was great. If ever you are back in the area, we hope you come again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

As I was checking in, I watched as they gave a customer towels for blankets and another customer that needed a fridge for insulin a hard time. This place is horrible stay away. The staff was extremely rude and did not seem to care for peoples needs. It would be much better to just stay away.

• Stayed July 2014
Sanjay V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is much appreciated. The behaviors you speak of should not have happened. I apologize that you had to experience that while staying with us. I will speak to the staff so that things are handled in a different manner the next time these issues shall arise. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you visit us again in the future.
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The entire hotel stunk of mold and was muggy. The floors were dirty in the room, humid as the AC was off - it was 95 degrees in Texas this day. The pool was filthy. We were at breakfast at 9:40am (breakfast ends at 10am) but staff refused to cook eggs or bacon. It was all gone at this point so had to settle for muffins and cereal. The lady at the front desk spent more time on iPhone than looking up to speak to us. If you want clean rooms and good customer service this is NOT the hotel for you.

• Stayed July 2014
Sanjay V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Ricky,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have discussed the issues with the staff so hopefully this incident will not occur again. If ever you all decide to come back to the area, I hope you take advantage of the 1 free night stay voucher that we issued to you. I hope the duration of your summer is filled with joy!
Mesa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My son was traveling alone & missed his connecting flight. He was going to have to stay overnight in DFW & I had to make arrangements from Arizona. Start panic mode now. I called the Wingate by Wyndham DFW & was immediately put to ease by the professional, courteous & efficient staff. Mr Patel understood the situation & my concerns and provided me with the information and reassurance that I desperately needed. The reservation was made quickly which included an authorization due to my not being there & my son being under 18. He made me feel comfortable that my son would be picked up at the airport, checked in, provided a wake up call, fed breakfast & transported back to the airport safely and on schedule. He promised to inform the evening staff specifically about my son and our situation. While shuttle service, wake up calls & continental breakfasts are standard fare for most hotels, it was his attitude of making it his personal responsibility that made all the difference in the world to this mom. I can't speak to room condition or cleanliness, my son had no complaints & when I asked him specifically he said it was great. Keep in mind that he is a teenage boy that was on a fun adventure. He texted me a picture of his breakfast which included a danish & a waffle in the shape of Texas <he thought that was pretty cool. He was treated well by all the staff he came in contact with. When you compare budget friendly hotels I think they are pretty much all the same. In this case it is the staff that sets this hotel apart from the rest & has earned it 5 stars in my opinion.

Mrs. Dillard,

We I am glad to hear that all went well with your son's stay with us. My assistant shared the compliment with myself and Keyur on yesterday after you called. I value your business and your feedback is much appreciated. If ever you all are traveling to the DFW area, we hope to see you. I hope your son made it to his destination safe and sound. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
San Angelo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on July 5th one night.

Pros: This hotel is in a good location and is easy to find.

Cons: The hotel is very hot inside. We stayed on the second floor and the whole floor smelled like cigarettes and as we make our way down the hall to our room we could smell
marijuana.( I thought it was funny seeing two kids with their mom leaving their room to go to the pool and them covering their noses with their towels lol.) This hotel is not as clean as the website shows it to be. Stains on carpet and walls. The AC made noise all night. The cable tv had static so I had to jiggle the cable wire all night.

Overall I don't know if the price is right will more than likely not stay here again.

PS. We had a request to be put in corner away from other guest because our baby had surgery at Cooks and crys all night hotel did not accomadate. Which is fine but we would like to apologize for those who had to deal with the crying.

• Stayed July 2014
I definitely want apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. I must also mention that we train the front desk to do their best to accommodate guest's special needs/requests. If you were not put on a certain floor or given a particular room, it's probably because we didn't have anything available. At least I hope that this is the reason. As for the 2nd floor, we do have 9 smoking rooms in the hotel and they are all on the 2nd floor. For those individuals that do not request a smoking room, we try to put them on the 1st or 3rd floor unless we are sold out and in that case we have no choice. I will check with my maintenance crew to be sure that the AC is lowered throughout the hotel especially during the summer months. This Texas heat and the smell of cigarettes and any other odor for that matter, tend to amplify. Thanks for your feedback and we value your business.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Today I was saved by the staff at this Wingate! Having booked online, I emailed the hotel to confirm a few things. When it was discovered that I had accidentally booked with a different site, they fixed me up right away with warmth and professionalism. I write "they," but in fact it was one person, Ms Coleman, who helped me out so much. She was great, both on email and on the phone. Now THAT'S good customer service. Thanks.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sanjay V, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham DFW / North Irving, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Mr. Stavros,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I pride myself in having Mrs. Coleman as my assistant. She is indeed amazing. I am glad to hear that she was able to help you during your time in need. We welcome you to stay with us anytime and look forward to meeting you upon your arrival. Have a safe trip.
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were on our way to Canada from Cincinnati and our flight got cancelled due to weather, so we were forced to take a flight to Dallas to catch the next morning flight to Calgary out of Dallas. So, I make travel arrangements for my job and I love the Wingate's in Ohio and have trusted Wingate on our trips to Florida, in Tennessee and Georgia…so since I trusted them, we called and made reservations for Wingate in Dallas. They really let me down. First they hooked us up with a shuttle from the Airport which was a nightmare. Took them almost an hour to pick us up and get us to hotel. Then the hotel was NOT at all the Wingate I know and love. Choose someplace else around DFW.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so sorry that we were not able to meet you expectations. I greatly appreciate your feedback. Hopefully in the near future, you may return for a better experience.