“My Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Pryor, United States
“My Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

My husband and I recently traveled to Dallas to see my dad who has stage 4 lung cancer. I chose this hotel for its location to my dads house. I have to say that I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND this hotel for its location to other things as well as price, room size, breakfast and the staff. I am staying there again in a couple of weeks. You will not be disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pflugerville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

The staff was very nice although the clerk at check in could have been more informative about all of the amenities the hotel had to offer. Even though I had read the website, it would have been nice to hear first hand. The pillows are very soft and plump but do not stay that way, they go pretty flat right away. Other than that, the room I had was clean and all of the furnishings were very comfortable. My trip was a very short one so I was unable to fully enjoy all of the amenities other than breakfast which had fresh scrambled eggs, sausage and bacaon along with the usual baked goods, yogurt and fruit. However, the pool area looked very inviting, and the gym was clean.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is an outstanding hotel with a very clean facility, very quiet and exceptionally friendly staff. It is very close to lots of stores and restaurants and very easy highway access.

I highly recommend this hotel for a great stay!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This property doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you step inside you'll find that it's a step up from most other Hilton Garden Inns. The lobby is well appointed, and the Front Office staff is very thoughtful in the work they do. The hallways are a bit on the long side, 36 rooms on each floor. The decor in the rooms is on par with the average Full Service hotel. You'll still find the HGI standard beds in the room, so you can adjust the firmness of the bed to your liking. The closet is a bit unconventional, it is a stand alone armoire in the corner of the room instead of being built in. The TVs are a bit on the small side, but they're still a flat screen Philips TV. I don't know if it was anomaly, but there was no cable lineup in my room, but there was an old school TV Guide channel. The shower pressure was excellent, and the bathroom was a bit larger than normal. There is a plethora of dining options in the immediate area, if you don't find something to your liking nearby, check out the options on the north side of 635. If you're traveling from DFW make sure you use the north exit, the south exit will take you on a very circuitous route.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I feel guilty saying anything bad, because everything else was so good. The customer service was great. The crib we requested was in our room when we arrived late on the first night, which is always a bonus. The breakfast was affordable and an excellent value for what you got. The room was very clean. However, the bed in our room was just extremely uncomfortable for both me and my wife. I did see that they had a sign for a new bed option in some of their rooms. Hopefully this is something they are doing in all the rooms, because our room's bed was extremely hard.

East Brunswick, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Today is Sunday August 31st. I called this hotel at 3:36am while I was driving and spoke to a gentleman whom didn't bother nor care about what I needed and transferred me to central reservation without even telling me!

After waiting for somebody to answer I decided to hang up and tried calling the hotel again hoping that I'd be able to explain why I needed to speak to someone in the property before coming in, regardless of whether I had a reservation or not (because I was going to arrive around 8am).
I called this hotel again and again until 5:39, from 3 different numbers. Sometimes it would ring for a minute without any answer and other times it seemed to ring until someone picks up and then hangs up the phone. It was clear that we were being ignored and he did not care about us coming in to the hotel. The photo attached shows the number of calls from one phone only.

I then called HHonors to ask for help, and even the lady from guest assistance couldn't get through. I was left with no choice but to stop somewhere and stay there for the night, hoping I'd be able to get a room at the Garden Inn tomorrow. This is ridiculous and I am very sad and disappointed.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I would def. use this hotel again-staff was wonderful and food was great for such a small restaurant (great breakfast buffet). Parking was easy with easy access to hotel elevators. Always had coffee and tea in lobby area. Whole experience was very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas? Share your experiences!