“Quiet, exceptionally clean,beautifully remodeled rooms and a friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #54 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quiet, exceptionally clean,beautifully remodeled rooms and a friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was been one of the VERY BEST hotels we have recently experienced! Very quiet hotel with exceptionally clean rooms, clean hallways (shiny floors) and beautifully appointed remodeled rooms with the nicest decor we have seen compared to other Candlewood Suites!
The staff was very friendly!
The rooms are not only well appointed but there is obvious care taken in making a guest experience the BEST from the internet codes posted in the room to the superior cleanliness to the obvious adjusting of guest room doors so they don't slam! (As a road warrior it is unusual to stay in a hotel where one doesn't experience the slamming of doors!)
This will be our choice whenever we frequent this area!
It is very obvious that they go above and beyond to make it a memorable stay!
The management and staff have made this our choice in Dallas!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel is average quality for this price range, and staff is nice. Location is pretty good, with a couple of restaurants withing walking distance. It was just repainted on the exterior in the last couple of weeks, so it looks good from the outside.

Inside, it's old, appearance mostly due to the carpeting, and the terrible odor as soon as you walk in. The lobby is just a wide section of hall in front of the main desk. There's not much room to pass anyone checking in if they have any luggage to speak of. The rooms have been remodeled, so they look a lot better than the common areas, and are laid out pretty well. The laundry/pantry/exercise area is nice, and free laundry is an appreciated plus. The only issue I had with my room was the toaster did not toast both side of the bread. A new one has been requested, but not received after two weeks.

The Internet...well it sounds good "high speed" and all, unless you need to actually use it. In the afternoons, evenings, it is almost impossible to get anything accomplished, even loading basic pages like CNN, the Weather Channel, etc. can take a LONG time, so use the coffee maker and relax. It's a bandwidth issue...if the hotel parking lot is full, forget it, because everyone else is using it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel was great, and the service was better. Chris was amazing. He did everything he could to accomodate us on our whole 5 day stay, and even when we got there early, he did what he could to let us still check in. We brought our 12lb Shih Tzu. She was able to stay in the room while we went to places around the area which was a great help especially since she isn't a barker. The only thing I would complain about is that the walls are thin. I was able to hear the guy next door putting dishes in his sink, but it was never any time that interfered with our sleep, but after sleeping there for three nights, both of our backs were bothering us, but we still aren't sure if that was from riding Go Karts all day. The rooms were newly renovated and they looked great. We used the HDMI hook up on the tv and cooked french toast on the stove top. It doesn't have an oven. The location is near a railroad track next to it, but I never heard any trains. They were painting the building and put plastic on the outside of our windows so my dog couldn't look outside. They also put plastic bags and tape around our cars so I guess paint didn't get on them. Other than that, the location was great. They even offer free access to a nice fitness center near by if their fitness center doesn't have everything you want. Overall we loved our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The suite I was given was very clean an spacious, as was the bathroom. The bedroom offered a very comfortable bed and a second TV with a good choice of TV channels.

The location is very convenient if you're flying out of Dallas, since it only takes 15 minutes to get to the airport.

Didn't have any problems with neither noise, staff nor cleanliness of the room. The 6 days I spent at the hotel turned out to be very pleasant and quiet and I'm starting to appreciate Candlewood for that, since it's not my first time in this chain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Big Spring, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

It's a easy place to find,although we arrived and a room was not ready ( which was ok). They said come back in about 20 min. (Staff is friendly) We came back and still room not ready...finally room was ready about 10 minutes later. The room looks very nice....but the smell of our hallway and room was disgusting. Not sure what it was. Overall for the price and it being pet friendly I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tecumseh Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

This is not a quite location. Not only can you hear the road noise but the place is under construction/remodeling. I should have taken the hint when I got my Priority Member gift and it included ear-plugs. Construction noise started early and ended late. They were hanging new pictures in renovated rooms at 8PM. My room had new carpet installed and the smell of chemicals was horrible. I had to sleep with the window open. The TV did not have a remote.

Good thing I set my cell phone alarm because I didn't get my wake up call. My room did not receive room service between nights. The front desk is rarely staffed after 9:00PM The work out room was closed and there was no coffee or newspapers in the lobby area. Also I had to wait in line to check out in the morning instead of getting my bill in my room. This hotel has a long way to go to improve guest service for business travelers.

The one nice thing I can say is the renovated rooms look nice and the room was clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cairns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had 2 nights here before flying out of the USA at the end of our holiday so wanted to be near the airport. We checked in late at night and found the night staff to be helpfull and got to our room pretty efficiently. The rooms themselves were a great size and very clean and had everything we needed. The hotel was undergoing a renovation which they were very apologetic about but apart from one of the lifts being used for this and some plastic laying about it didn't have any impact on us. The free laundry facilities were excellent as was the 'pantry' to be basic food as there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel if you need something to eat. We requested a late check out and staff went out of their way to accomodate us which was very helpfull. The only issue I had is I had booked here as when I had searched it came up as having a shuttle which I assumed was to the airport but it is only for limited times and within a 5mile radius of the hotel. Not a huge issue as a cab ride was quite inexpensive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas? Share your experiences!