Hotel is average quality for this price range, and staff is nice. Location is pretty good, with a couple of restaurants withing walking distance. It was just repainted on the exterior in the last couple of weeks, so it looks good from the outside.
Inside, it's old, appearance mostly due to the carpeting, and the terrible odor as soon as you walk in. The lobby is just a wide section of hall in front of the main desk. There's not much room to pass anyone checking in if they have any luggage to speak of. The rooms have been remodeled, so they look a lot better than the common areas, and are laid out pretty well. The laundry/pantry/exercise area is nice, and free laundry is an appreciated plus. The only issue I had with my room was the toaster did not toast both side of the bread. A new one has been requested, but not received after two weeks.
The Internet...well it sounds good "high speed" and all, unless you need to actually use it. In the afternoons, evenings, it is almost impossible to get anything accomplished, even loading basic pages like CNN, the Weather Channel, etc. can take a LONG time, so use the coffee maker and relax. It's a bandwidth issue...if the hotel parking lot is full, forget it, because everyone else is using it.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas Hotel Irving
- Candlewood Suites Irving
- Candlewood Irving
- Irving Candlewood Suites
- Irving Candlewood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. Enjoy all the comforts of home at the Candlewood Suites Hotel Dallas-Las Colinas. Conveniently located just 10 minutes from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, we're in the heart of the Dallas Metroplex and convenient to downtown Dallas as well as Ft. Worth. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave, stove top, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over sized executive desk with two separate phone lines and complimentary high-speed Internet. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player or DVD/VCR. Borrow your favorites from our free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard now featuring 'Juan Valdez' complimentary coffee to all guests. You can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Nearby companies include Fluor, NEC, Verizon, Nokia, Zale, Caremark and Citigroup. We are also close to many major expressways, Grapevine Mills Mall, Irving Mall, The Movie Studios at Las Colinas, Texas Stadium, the University of Dallas, & The TPC Las Colinas, which hosts the EDS/Byron Nelson Golf Tournament. Now offering complimentary high-speed Internet access in all rooms, complimentary transportation within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and Priority Club Points. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Olotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Candlewood Suites Dallas, Las Colinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.