“Friendly at the front desk” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 76 hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Irving, Texas
“Friendly at the front desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Positives: The front desk staff is friendly and accomodating. There are free alcoholic beverages from 5-6 (although it may all be gone by 5:15), and the wifi does work better than average for hotels. The large flat screen t.v. and they provide a dvd player. The bed is comfortable and they have a pillow comforter in the closet which is nice and comfy for the cooler nights.
Negatives: The room is not very clean. At least my room anyway. I gave house keeping a list of things to do which include cleaning the stains on the comforter and the stains on the drapes and cleaning all the surfaces which you could still see crumbs and drink rings from the previous tenant. I still have to stay here another week due to my Company and it's tough to get them just to clean the floors, mirrors, and surfaces. I tipped house keeping $20 hoping that they would do a good job but now I am just out $20. There is a layer of dust on every surface and the floors have not been cleaned since before I checked in over a week ago. I came in to my room today just to find the trash can w/out a bag on the coffee table. Good thing I don't eat there. The person above me must just rock back and forth all day and night since alls I hear is creaking boards non stop. This is one of the few hotels that do not have automatic opening doors entering the hotel which is annoying if you are trying to take in your luggage and have to open two sets of nasty doors that never get cleaned. There are also no gas stations, restaraunts, or any type of stores near by that you can walk to.
All in all, not the worst I have stayed at but I will try a different one next time my Company sends me here next month. This would have been a much better review just if they had a CLEAN ROOM!!! The most important thing to anyone traveling is that the place they lay their head and the floor they walk on and the surfaces they interact with are CLEAN!!! Pay the cleaning people more I guess although that didn't work for me since I tipped them $20 and it did nothing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
gmarshall2, Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
First, We'd sincerely like to thank you for your candid comments and review of our hotel. It's because of comments like yours that we are able to pay special attention to the smallest of details as well as to those things which are obvious to the passing traveler. We are glad that you were able to find some comfort here as we do have a lot to offer but I can assure you that we are working harder than ever to insure that each and every concern mentioned in your review is addressed and taken care of, so that these issues are not repeated in the future. You will always be a valued guest in our hotel, and if you see fit, we would love to have you return, so that we may treat you to a better night stay!

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Excellent stay. Gail was friendly at check in . Wifi works great , I noticed you have Ruckus radios. The rooms was clean. The Will stay here again.
Would have loved HD channels on the big flatscreen TVs.

• Stayed February 2013
gmarshall2, Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Comfort Suites hotel, we're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are continually seeking new and better, more efficient ways to make your stay comfortable, convenient and affordable and we're glad you chose to come and visit and yes, we do have a great selection of television programming available and we're going to check on the HD channels to make sure they are available as well. Thank You and we hope you'll come back and visit again soon.
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I always use Trip Advisor for hotel guidance when traveling. I decided, on this last business trip, to give this high-rated budget hotel a shot. Here are a few thoughts on the experience:

Pros:
- Excellent Customer Service (Puts Some High-end Hotels to Shame)
- Hotel Shuttle to / from DFW
- Great value: Low Rate Included Wi-fi & Breakfast
- Clean & Comfortable

Cons:
- Fitness Center (Too Small, No Weight-Lifting Equipment, Few Dumbells)
- Average Quality of Breakfast Foods

All-in-all this was a good place to stay for the budget minded traveler.

Happy Travels!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gmarshall2, Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We absolutely thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate every comment because it makes us continue to strive for excellence and so we definitly want to target the areas that need improving. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here and are greatful that you found our hotel affordable as well as convenient and we are working hard to improve on the areas that you mentioned. There a several upgrades planned for our hotel in the very near future including the exercise room. So we hope you'll come back and visit once again.
Irving, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Greeenway Circle,Irving,TX. Enjoyable even during the time of stay in the room also. All are good. To stay with family or single or double . It is a good one to stay as like name staying here also comfort

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tracey L, General Manager at Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully, if you find yourself back in the Las Colinas area, you will stay with us again! We definitely look forward to it!!
Comanche, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was traveling to Oklahoma and stopped in Las Colinas to visit my kids. This was my first long trip after a serious knee injury & surgery, so I was hoping for a comfortable hotel. I found that and more at the Comfort Suites in Las Colinas. The staff was helpful, courteous, and professional. The room was clean and spacious - very comfortable. Breakfast was good with a nice variety.

I especially want to thank Nacho, for calling me back quickly to make my reservation, and Gail, for being there when I checked in and when I checked out! I travel this route every 3-4 months and will definitely stop here again.

Room Tip: Not all Comfort Suites have an elevator (this one does), so be sure to ask about that if stairs are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Can I just say that when our guests remember us by name & make an effort to tell other people how great they think we are, I get very excited! Every hotel in the Las Colinas area has all the amenities most guests are looking for- it's the service the hotel provides that makes the difference. So thank you, thank you for recognizing we are a cut above the rest! Please come back and see again....we would love to see you!
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Me and my wife had a chance to stay their for a weekend, and must say that the service was very friendly and courteous; (front desk and cook).

This is the second time we have stayed at this particular one, we are normally off of I 20.
I can say we will be staying their again.

Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Awesome review- thanks so much! We love to hear how we are doing, but the fact that you come back is the best review ever! We certainly enjoy seeing familiar faces & can't wait to see you again- soon, hopefully!
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Good service. Good clean room. Nothing fancy but all things done well. Used my choice points to stay and passed other hotels in less than 5 minutes from this hotel that was not available. It was worth it!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel.......good service & good rooms...that's the goal! Please choose us again in the future. Even if you are not using your Choice Privileges points, we have very competitive rates in the Las Colinas area. And we will definitely take good care of you!! Thanks again!

Been to Comfort Suites Las Colinas Center? Share your experiences!