Almost exclusively, we stay at Marriott properties and have stayed at several in the past few years that are under renovation. Never have we stayed at one where the service was rude and totally lacking in Marriott quality until we stayed at the Las Colinas Fairfield Inn and Suites. We arrived late and did not receive the upgrade we would usually get. No problem, we did arrive very late. Since we were staying there two nights, the night clerk assured us that we would receive the upgrade the second night and the staff would move our belongings for us. The next morning we checked with the day clerk about the room change. She was slumped down in her chair in the temporary office and seemed more interested in texting on her phone. Regarding our inquiry into the room change, she replied through fingers covering her mouth, "If a suite becomes available, I will would change the room, but there is no one to move your belongings while you are out." Hmmmm.... not what the night clerk told us. She argued with us about it, never removing those fingers that covered her mouth until my husband presses for the same response that the night clerk had promised.
We proceeded to eat breakfast in the temporary breakfast area. My husband asked if there were bananas and was told that the staff member would check. The staff member never got back to him, but my husband later discovered there was a whole box of them under the table. We spoke with manager, so I hope staff issues have been addressed. It does seem to me that when guests are inconvenienced, as we certainly were by the construction, staff members need to go out of their way to provide superior service. If not, then it becomes a management problem. I definitely will not stay at this location again or consider staying at any property that is undergoing renovation. The noise wasn't the problem and the inconvenience was expected. The service is what destroyed the stay.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Dallas Las Colinas Hotel
- Fairfield Inn Dallas Las Colinas Hotel Irving
- Fairfield Inn Irving
- Fairfield Irving
- Irving Fairfield Inn
- Irving Fairfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Las Colinas hotel in Irving, Texas, is conveniently located just minutes from Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) and Dallas Love Field (DAL) Airports. This centrally located Irving hotel in Las Colinas is just minutes from popular shopping spots, restaurants and museums in Downtown Grapevine, Dallas and Fort Worth, as well as Cowboys Stadium, The Ballpark in Arlington and American Airlines Center. Our Irving/Las Colinas hotel near DFW Airport is a superior value, with amenities including free deluxe continental breakfast, free high-speed internet, free transportation to local businesses and restaurants, complimentary parking and complimentary coffee/tea available all day. Enjoy new flat-screen LCD televisions and luxurious bedding in all of our rooms and suites -- or unwind in our indoor pool and spa after a long day. Whether you're in town for business or leisure, the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott DFW Airport hotel in Las Colinas is the perfect choice among Irving, TX hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Olotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Fairfield Inn Dallas Las Colinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.