“New Years Eve” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 76 Hotels in Irving
Louisville, Kentucky
“New Years Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I just love the entire staff here! From the beginning of my reservation I had spoke with the sales coordinator(Megan) about doing a surprise birthday party for my mom. The hotel manager, Bryan almost gave it away. But actually was a blessing, by confusing her. The conference room was affordable, and easily accomodated my group16. Merci, the evening clerk was such a blessing. I had limited time to pull this off. Sge went above and beyond her duty to help me prepare the food and room. Its hard to suprise my mom, but we did it.
That night, my room had no heat and I was immediately switched to another room. I was allowed to pay the difference to upgrade to an available suite. Rooms are so beautifully decorated, clean, feel like apartments. My bed wasnt to soft, nor too firm, with fluffy pillows. Full size kitchens, a swivel tv stand, where I was able to watch tv, while eating breakfast atmy dining table. Then to turn it towards the couch to power nap. The area is near shopping, and plenty of places to eat. A full hot breakfast is served in th morning, and happy hr during the week. This was a great way to end 2014 and a great place to see in 2015.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
TowneplaceGMLas, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Dallas Las Colinas, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

The entire staff enjoyed having your family in with us! The rooms were recently remolded at the end of last year so we are excited that our guests are loving them as much as we are.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and hopefully if back in Las Colinas we have the opportunity to accommodate you and your family again.

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here due to work going back and forth for weeks during the last quarter of the year, and overall I believe it was a great choice. The prices were very affordable. The rooms were incredibly spacious with the kitchen and appliances. Sofa and TV were adequate, and the beds were terrific!. Though the walls were somewhat thin and you could pretty much listen to loud neighbors, for me it wasn't a burden. Late afternoon snacks and beer helped a lot after a rough day, so you could stay and relax. Gym was adequate and the staff was very attentive and ever-smiling. I would go again if I had the chance. Now I leave nearby and sometimes I take that route like it was my way home!

Room Tip: Corner suites feel more spacious.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate you staying with us on your multiple trips to the Las Colinas Area. As we are always working to improve, I’ll make sure to pass on your compliments to the staff regarding their smiling faces.

I’m very excited to know that our evening social on Tuesday and Wednesday was what you needed after a rough day. I’ll make sure we continue to have those in the future.

Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The two bedroom suites are nice and clean. The rooms are spacious and have closets and drawers, flag screen tvs in each, and comfortable beds. The living room area has a flat screen tv, love seat, and chair with an ottoman. Their is also an eat in table for 3 and a nice kitchenette stocked with dishes and a coffee maker. The bathroom has a shower and tub and toilet that closes off from the sink, which is nice for a family to have privacy. The only complaint I have is that the walls and ceiling are very thin. It sounded like elephants walking upstairs most of the night. I'm a hard sleeper, but it was a little frustrating while watching TV to hear the booming shuffle across the ceiling.

Breakfast was good and free. They have oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereals, bagels, muffins,apples, and much more.

It was a nice stay overall. Las colinas is a very nice and safe area, and there are several restaurants around of all different kinds.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Elgin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a conference at the Omni, which is way too expensive. This was just a couple of miles away, for less than half the price, and it was terrific. Quiet location, near the freeway, very nice rooms, decent breakfast, and very professionally run. I was very happy with my stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the TownePlace Suites - Dallas/Las Colinas. We are excited that our hotel worked well for your budget and offered everything you need.

We hope to see you in the future when traveling back to the Las Colinas area.

Loveland, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here due to my company, but was happy with the service. A sink malfunction was dealt with quickly by a courteous young man.

The breakfast bar had a wide selection, eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, toast, bagels, muffins. It would be difficult to not find anything one might want for breakfast.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the TownePlace Suites – Dallas/Las Colinas. I’m sorry to hear that your room had an issue with the sink, however very excited to know that our staff was able to resolve that for you quickly.

Other great news is that the TownePlace Suites breakfast is improving this year and adding new items. It rolls out later this year in June and we are all excited to see what our guests think about it.

We look forward to the next time you stary with us.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

I stayed here 3 nights last week for a business trip. I'm used to staying in more upscale hotels for business travel (Westin, Hyatt, etc.) so the amenities don't really compare. That being said, it's proximity to both DFW and the Irving Convention center made it a good choice. Here are my pros and cons.

Pros:
- Clean rooms. The housekeeping staff was great.
- Kitchen with full-sized fridge, mini stove, microwave, coffee maker, dishwasher, sink, & storage.
- Staff. The woman at the front desk in particular was extremely friendly and helpful.
- Free Parking. Assuming it's not really crowded, you should be able to find parking right outside your room.
- Free Breakfast. They also have coffee and other hot beverages available throughout the day/evening and receptions during the weekday evenings.
- Free WiFi. If you need faster internet (as I did) the upgraded version is reasonably-priced compared to other hotel chains. I think it was around $5 versus $10 for each day.

Cons:
- Incredibly thin walls. I could hear everything that was happening next door.
- First floor rooms are not the best. You can hear people coming and going in the parking lots outside your window all night.
- Fridge was loud. I thought it was just mine at first until my colleague told me she had to unplug hers at night just so she could sleep.
- This is a family-focused hotel so business travelers should be prepared for the sounds of young children.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor if you're traveling on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

Friendly service, excellent breakfast included, and clean up-to-date rooms. Hotel is near restaurants and just a quick drive to DFW airport. Staff was very accommodating, as we had our flight canceled and they allowed us a late check-out, so we could get our flight rescheduled. Great location for the business traveler.

Room Tip: Faster Wifi could have been purchased.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Dallas Las Colinas? Share your experiences!