“Excellent with a couple of small concerns” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 77 hotels in Irving
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent with a couple of small concerns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Arrived very late at night. Front desk clerk was very helpful in getting me moved to a first-floor room. Room was lovely and nicely decorated. HVAC was a little squirrely at first but then settled down. "High speed" internet was terribly slow; sadly this is my experience at too many properties of every brand. Breakfast was excellent; some of the best biscuits and gravy I've had at any hotel. A real "steal" on a Pointsbreak for 5K points. It is a little further from DFW (and more complicated to get to) than staying at the hotels on the south side of the airport; plan more time to return your rental car and have a good GPS because it can be confusing)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
StaybridgeDFWNorth, Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Mogon,

Thank you for your kind words. I will look into the internet and bandwidth here at the hotel. We are 15 mintues from the airport but probably another 5 - 10 minutes from the car rental location as it is on the south side of the airport. I hope you found our proximity to restaurants and stores a plus.

Again we appreciate your feedback.

Gigi Newbern

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my Best Friend in a Double and we enjoyed having the separate living room and bedroom. The Mattresses were very comfortable. I enjoyed the stand up shower as well. We also had a room over looking pool. We enjoyed seeing the color changes in the water. They also have a movie theater on the first floor. We didn't get a chance to use it.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MindyD,

Thank you so much the compliments. I am so glad we could add to your weekend.

Thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites DFW North

Gigi Newbern
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

One of the worst hotels i've stayed in. The checkin lady was so fake. Firstly she started saying oh you are using your points - I am a Priority Club member. In my reservation notes I asked for a room on a HIGH floor, AWAY from the elevator. I ended up getting a room DIRECTLY behind the elevator with the lifts going up and down along my wall of my room (check 12 Oct, Room 217). In addition, it was on level 2 of 6 levels. The Tiny window in the room barely had any light to the point where i had to open the curtains wide to even get in any light. The bathroom - as you can see in the pictures is disgusting with strange red marks and mildew and dirt. The roof in the bathroom needs major fixes and the fan makes heaps of noise. The furniture is chipped, the bedsheets are used (can't believe it - see the marks attached). Overall NEVER going to stay here EVER again, HORRIBLE hotel, AVOID. Also the chair at the desk doesn't even go under the desk so I hurt my back as well.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel it is no where near DFW either it's easier being downtown as that's just as...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
StaybridgeDFWNorth, General Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Kawoh,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your comments, as they offer important views from your perspective.

I have noted your comments, and our staff has already cured these items.

I would like to apologize that we failed to take notice of your room location request. I am happy that you agreed to move to a more suitable room, and regret that we did not have this arranged for you prior to your arrival.

Additionally, I am concerned with your comments regarding the cleanliness of the bathroom, the sheets, and the condition of the desk. I have personally visited this room, and have shared the review with our staff. We have already solved these issues, and I can assure you no one will have the same experience.

Given that you and I actually traded phone messages on the day you stayed with us, I truly appreciate that you took us up on our offer and moved to a room on our highest floor, the 4th floor, later that same day. I regret I was not on site to speak with you personally on Saturday morning to learn if that location and suite was more to your satisfaction. I trust that it was.

We recognize the importance of Trip Advisor, and comments by Top Contributors such as yourself. It is important to note that our hotel is 3 miles from the DFW Airport, but the official entrance is 6 miles from the hotel.

In closing, thank you again for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to Priority Club and the IHG family of hotels. We encourage you to try us again should you return to Dallas. We would be grateful for the opportunity to show you that we are paying attention to comments made by serious travelers such as yourself. Please feel free to contact me personally should you choose to return to our hotel.

Best regards,

Charlie Westhoven
Staybridge Suites DFW Airport North
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My family, which includes my 15 months old son, my husband and me, stayed in this hotel while in the middle of a relocation. We were there for about 10 days and were quite satisfied with our stay there. The hotel is conveniently located near retail stores like Wal-Mart, Kohl’s’ etc, a movie Theatre, a fitness gym and a number of eating joints. It is quite an appropriate for someone planning an extended stay. The rooms were fully furnished and so was the kitchen and the housekeeping were prompt too. We did notice that the pool maintenance was carried out regularly too. The wholesome breakfast and the evening snack (courtesy Sweet Tomatoes!) service they had during our stay. We did use the shuttle service from the airport as well as when we wanted to go to the nearby stores. Not to forget the staff members – they were amazing, be it the front desk staff, the manager or the maintenance/ room service guys! I will definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had to take some time to comment on how great the staff was at this Staybridge Suites while my training class was conducted in their "Jupiter Room" for the last Eight weeks! Especially Rita who works the front desk. She was very attentive to our needs, and she provided personalized service. Not only did I feel I could ask for assistance from her but also felt like she was a friend.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who needs a conference or training facility. Thank you, Logan Geigner

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

Hotel rooms and property are nice. The breakfast is typical continental and appropriate. During my stay the tv did not work for two days. The first night I called the front desk I was told they'd call the cable company and call me back. I never gotta call back. On my second call 2 hours later, I was told there was nothing they could do. No offer of changing rooms or any other suggestions.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear EDelan,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed at the Stabridge at DFW for four days with my husband and daughter in April of 2012....right during the big tornado that hit Dallas....and the hotel was overbooked, so that might influence the review a tad....but I do believe the true test of a hotel is how they handle a crisis and overbooking....

First off...the positive. The hotel is REALLY nice. The lobby and the rooms are furnished beautifully and very well kept. The hotel pool is nice as well and they furnish towels and nice chairs around the pool so you enjoy it. The free breakfast is plentiful altho the powdered eggs left something to be desired (the last day we were there they had biscuits and gravy....the best breakfast all week) and to my husband's delight the waffle iron was in the shape of the state of Texas. Waffles were good....everything was edible but not *great*. Tuesday, Wed and Thurs night they had a "happy hour" with a dinner type buffet. GREAT idea for business travelers or people who are trying to keep their costs down. It too was decent but not great.

The decor was beautiful. The beds were comfortable. The rooms all have kitchens which is a NICE touch and they are beautiful and well kept. It's nice to have a fridge and freezer in your room just in case.

Now on to the annoyances of the hotel. I called ahead and asked for a crib which was waiting for us in our room....but they put us in a room with no bath tub. Now...if I'm asking for a crib I have a small child and usually small children don't take showers. I asked to change rooms (hoping they'd have a one bedroom, I was willing to pay the upgrade!) but they told me they were completely sold out. OK. I get that, but I see a whole stack of reservations that haven't checked in yet and you're telling me you can't switch my room for one with a bathtub??? Nope. Not over the entire 4 days did they ever have a room with a bathtub available.....which having worked in the industry I know is false. They just didn't want to clean our room more than once. (they offer "light housekeeping meaning they make your bed and change your towels during the week. Once every seven days of your stay they will clean your room). No rooms available to upgrade (and pay the difference) even tho my husband is a regular guest and is a preferred member. Okkkk....

Next....the room comes with 3 bath towels and two wash cloths. Period. I asked for additional towels and they brought them, but when housekeeping came the next day I got 3 towels and 2 washcloths....we replayed this scenario every single day of our stay. I finally asked the chick why not just leave 5 towels and she told me that that was against policy, I got 3 towels each day and if I wanted more I had to ask. Same with my extra blanket. It got swiped on day 2 and I had to ask for another one. Really?? It's annoying. OHHH and banging on the door even tho there is a "do not disturb" sign?? Really????

Lastly....we had a tornado while in the hotel. They do not have a tornado alarm, or any sort of system alerting guests to an impeding disaster. They expect you to know that there is a tornado coming and come downstairs and ask what to do. The staff wasn't very helpful and it was my husband who ushered us into the media room (the hotel staff left guests sitting in the lobby area which had an entire wall of windows!!!!!!) to be safe. WAY not cool.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to StayBridge Suites DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!