“Nice and peaceful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of River Lodging B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ingram
River Lodging B & B
You added River Lodging B & B to your Saves list
1100 Hwy 39, PO Box 329, Ingram, TX 78205   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Ingram B&B and Inns
Lockhart, Texas
“Nice and peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

My wife and I have stayed here several times over the last few years. Always a pleasant stay with no hassles or worries and lots of wild life to watch. Nice cabins with full size kitchens and bed rooms. A great get away place for couples!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

OMG this place is awful, dusty and filthy. The website leads you to believe you are right on the river. NOT. You have to cross 39 which is a busy and dangerous street. AND who decorated the place? Not worth the $150 per night with a two night minimum. I'd rather stay at Motel6.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Fontana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

After a very long drive from California, we checked into the River Lodging and were given a large upstairs unit that was more like a huge apartment than a bed & breakfast. It was decorated really cute and was very homey. It was also nice & quiet. In the morning, axis deer were busy running around the property and eating at the feeder. We were very comfortable. We loved the big overstuffed chair & ottoman for two. Neither of us expected that our refrigerator would be stocked with breakfast foods. There were eggs, sausage, milk & a variety of cereals. We were in town to attend a funeral for a loved one who took their own life. The River Lodging B&B was one of the most positive & enjoyable things about our whole trip. Thanks for the great accomodations!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

We used this B&B because it is the only one that would give us a one night reservation. The room was spacious and cool but everything was totally dead and dusty in the area. That's not too bad but when I asked about what/how we were to have breakfast, I was told that they just did fruit and cereal. What a jip for the money! I at least expected something more than a quart of milk, a few small boxes of cereal and some so-so fruit. No packaged rolls or muffins, no juice, no sweet rolls, nothing gormet and they didn't even have any instant or ground coffee. I found some coffee "pods" someone else had left and made a terrible pot of coffee for breakfast. Had to go out to eat and that's not what I paid for. Nice folks but this shouldn't be called a "Bed and Breakfast". I've stayed in a lot of B&B's and never had such a lousy breakfast. We left as soon as we woke up the next morning. We definitely will NOT be back.

• Liked — Size of room
  • Disliked — No decent breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Round Rock, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2008

First, let me say that we did this last minute and it was our fault. We read the negative review after we paid for it. I was disappointed when I arrived to see Highway 39 in between the B&B and the actual river. However, before I start complaining let me tell you the good parts.
If you like to watch outdoor fires, then this is the place for you. There are small fire pits all along the property. There is a cool outdoor fireplace in the middle of the complex. The wood is there, you just need an axe to chop it up into usable pieces. In each area, there is a barbecue pit, be sure to bring charcoal. The B&B has several kayaks and one fiberglass canoe. NOTE: If you plan on taking the family to use the boats, make sure the keys work in the locks before you drag the whole family across the highway. Also, be sure to have the phone number to the place and bring a cell phone. They do not answer the door bell and there are a couple of HUGE doberman's that patrol the owners house. It is quite the experience walking to the river passing a huge barking dog and walking across the highway. The rooms are nice and you get your own bathroom. There is a small fridge. Breakfast consisted of milk and several choices of small boxes of cereal. The owners seem nice. I think they depend on hired help too much to make sure things are in order. Also, the taste in decor was a little too much. I did not care, but my wife was annoyed. Our 5 year old daughter loved the adventure.
Okay, here are the bad parts, itemized. Owners were difficult to reach except by phone. Light fixtures in kitchen were filthy with dead bugs casting shadows onto the kitchen table. When you open the fridge and look at the floor, there is gooey gunk that had not been cleaned forever. The toilet seat was cracked and probably harbored germs. There was half a roll of toilet paper and that was it. There is a reason that there are not any arial views of the property in relation to the River. The part of the river that is associated to this B&B is boring, no falls. It has about a mile or so stretch that is boundaried by streets. Breakfast was really lame. The view from my bedroom window was a couple work trailers and mowing equipment. The front view was a front yard and then a nice view of the carport holding the life vests and paddles. You cannot see the river from these cottages. I was very annoyed that the key did not work to unlock the boat. I notified the owners and they showed up about twenty minutes later to unlock it. NOTE: He was very friendly and recommended that we use anti-tip rigs on the canoe. He went and got them and helped me install them. That was a real blessing.
Summary, if you come to this place with low expectations, you will not be disappointed. I think the owners are trying to have a great place. I think their website is misleading and sets up false expectations. When you reserve the room, you are reserving part of the house, though the pictures make you think you have a whole building. I would not come here again and I do not know if I would recommend it. I have not been to many B&B's so maybe this experience is typical for this price.

• Liked — The outdoor fireplace and the right to use the kayaks and canoes.
  • Disliked — Not representative of the owners website advertisement.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

Our cottage was OK, if you like knick knacks. The river was across the busy street but accessible. We had a moldy refrigerator. Our "breakfast" was brought by the night before, it consisted of popovers and very good grapes. The mattress was great. There were burrs all over the floor and I found one in my towel while drying off. All in all it was OK, but for the price I know there's better along the Guadalupe.

• Liked — jigsaw puzzles in room
  • Disliked — moldy refrigerator
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2004

River Lodging is brand new with each house individually and tastefully
decorated and comfortable all around (great beds, towels, cold ac,
stocked pantry, view of both the water and loads of deer at dusk) but the hospitality is really over the top--they think of all creature comforts,
even doggie treats for canine guests. Breakfasts were delicious and
different every day-forget your waistline or hop out of the tube and swim more. Great place to float the Guad by day and contemplate the stars at night. Rates are similar to Hill Country area B&Bs but the upscale furnishings and extra care make it a great value. Wonderful to have a very nice place to stay that welcomes dogs.

• Stayed July 2004

Been to River Lodging B & B? Share your experiences!