“Thieves and liars.” 1 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hutto
“Thieves and liars.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Within two hours of checking out from the hotel I noticed that I had left behind a personal item of great value to me in the room we had been staying in for the last week my husband, son and myself all became ill with the flu during our stay and I wasn't as thorough as I would have been when checking out. I called the hotel two hours after checking out and gave the exact location where I left my item and the housekeeper that cleaned the room said she didn't find it. Since arriving home I have scoured my bags and have not found it because I know I left it under the bench in front of the mirror in room 320 of the holiday inn in hutto upon check out on Friday January 4, 2013. The housekeeper lied and told the front desk she didn't see it it would have been pretty hard to miss the beautiful turquoise scarf when I asked Danielle at the front desk if anyone else had been in the room she said no so the housekeeper has to have. If you want to stay at a dishonest hotel this is the one for you. Otherwise there are better hotels right in round rock. The manager could have at least called me back to discuss. I am sure if pressed the housekeeper would maybe come clean. I am sorry to have lost an item so important to me. This time a scarf, there is no telling how many other items they have stolen and lied about. If a manager would like to contact me to return my item I know the housekeeper has I would love to hear from you. I am sure you can find my information from my check out date and room number. Shame on you for being so dishonest. Just a bunch of thieves.

• Stayed January 2013
ANDYPATEL720, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for your missing scarf. Please trust me when I say that we have a very honest staff and I do not think that any of my employees stole your scarf. Please email us your contact information so that we can try to get to the bottom of this issue. My email address is SFiorentini@centraltexaslodging.com. I look forward to resolving this situation with you.

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Palestine, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stay in HI Express hotels frequently. I would recommend this hotel to any passersby. I always get a good rate and the hotel is new and clean. Downtown Hutto and Round Rock offer some good eating places nearby. This is convenient to the 130 Toll Road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was in town with my fiancee visiting family and chose to stay at this hotel because of the reviews. I arrived after midnight and your front desk attendant Tia checked us in. She was very sweet, greeted us with a smile, and had such a welcoming, funny personality.I will admit I was demanding at times and kept bothering her but each time I did, her attitude remained the same and she went far and beyond to make sure I had what I needed. I appreciate her for also having breakfast and hot coffee out earlier than usual since we did have to be up early anyways. I can see why you have great reviews and will most definitely stay at this hotel the next time we're in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Looks to be a very new addition to the brand. Everywhere is new and fresh looking.

Could only find two faults, first is that there ought to be a "one-way" sign at the end of the drive (the same as neighboring days inn & the Ford garage either side of the hotel have) It is easy to drive back out the way you came & find yourselves heading up a one way road!! Signage required. Other item could be related to the newness of the place, there is no local leaflet/information stand in the lobby.

Other than that, good value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here October 12 for one night. We were in Round Rock to participate in the Outlaw Trail 100 bike ride. We chose this hotel due to its location to the starting point which was five miles away from Dell Diamond.

The hotel was very clean and our room was nice. No complaints at all. I requested a first floor room since we had to bring our bikes into our room and didn't want to deal with elevators. Our request from the reservation was honored with no problem.

Breakfast on the weekends is not normally until 7 am but the employee setting up had it up and ready around 6 am which was great since we had to check-out by 7 am to be at our ride location. It is your basic breakfast items but hey it is FREE and convenient.

Plenty of parking.

I would definitely stay at this location again because the price is good. There is also various restaraunts close. We went to Chili's across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ANDYPATEL720, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We are so happy that you chose to stay at our hotel. We hope to see you back soon! In the meantime, if there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to call us.

Andy Patel
Edinburg, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have recently had some horrible experiences with hotels with our summer travels, so we decided to look at reviews and book a room based on rating, not on convenience of location. We were traveling to Burnett for a Thomas the tank engine event, which was almost an hour away from this hotel. Well, we were extremely impressed with this hotel! The cleanliness, the size of the room, everything...AND most importantly the friendliness of the staff. The receptionist Jocelyn , was beyond helpful for every single need we had. The breakfast exceeded our expectations with the pancake maker. I didn't get her name but the woman who sets up actually asked us everything was ok, she recognized us from the day prior and asked if the eggs were tasteful, the biscuits soft, etc. We were beyond impressed, and will definitely return when we go to Austin or Round Rock!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Alex

I would like to thank you very much for the review you left for us on Trip Advisor. My staff feels so great that they made your time at our hotel that much more enjoyable. We understand you had many selections to choose from and are very happy that you decided to stay with us. Jocelyn is a great employee and I thank you very much for mentioning her on this review. You are the reason why they love what they do. They get great pleasure in seeing our guests enjoy their visit at the hotel. We hope to see you back soon.

Andy Patel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and two daughters for 6 nights. This hotel is fairly new and the decor is what I would consider modern retro. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we always received great service. The breakfast buffet was typical for a Holiday Inn; not fabulous but not terrible and it is complimentary. Everything was in working order and the rooms were clean and inviting. We had a king suite and the kids had a double queen; both had microwaves, flat screen TV and refrigerator.

One negative interestingly enough was the bathroom vanity. It was a pedestal type which was very nice; however, it was kitchen counter height and there was an oval bump out around the sink which looked great, but the downside is you are further away from the sink. I am only 5'2", and I needed a step stool to wash my face, but since I didn't have a step stool, I had to get on my tippy toes to rinse!

Also, as with many other hotels in this class, the rooms aren't very sound proof and we got a lot of noise from the hallway and elevator. You can easily hear your neighbor's toilet flush.

I would stay here again because of the staff, cleanliness, and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the northwest side of the hotel - this is away from the elevator, the road and fur...