“Nice Surprise” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hutto
“Nice Surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and two daughters for 6 nights. This hotel is fairly new and the decor is what I would consider modern retro. The staff was very friendly and helpful and we always received great service. The breakfast buffet was typical for a Holiday Inn; not fabulous but not terrible and it is complimentary. Everything was in working order and the rooms were clean and inviting. We had a king suite and the kids had a double queen; both had microwaves, flat screen TV and refrigerator.

One negative interestingly enough was the bathroom vanity. It was a pedestal type which was very nice; however, it was kitchen counter height and there was an oval bump out around the sink which looked great, but the downside is you are further away from the sink. I am only 5'2", and I needed a step stool to wash my face, but since I didn't have a step stool, I had to get on my tippy toes to rinse!

Also, as with many other hotels in this class, the rooms aren't very sound proof and we got a lot of noise from the hallway and elevator. You can easily hear your neighbor's toilet flush.

I would stay here again because of the staff, cleanliness, and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the northwest side of the hotel - this is away from the elevator, the road and fur...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Crowley, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

My first reaction when I looked up the hotel online was, "wow, $107 is kind of high for a hotel in a little town like Hutto!" But when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Very clean inside and out and brand new, or appeared to be. I was able to check in a couple hours early as I had been driving all night. The room was top notch with marble lined shower and counter top in bath. Huge flat screen that sat atop of a wooden cabinet that hid a microwave and fridge. Large work desk and a nice big cushy chair with otterman. If I had to complain about anything is that the tv is set so it can't go over about 1/3 volume. Understandable but when the A/C kicks on, it kinda drowns out the tv. The bed and linens great. You can hear traffic in the hallways, but no more than any other hotel. I will stay here again, I just wish it was $80, then it would be fantastic! Oh, and I left my phone charger in the room, called 3 days later and they'd have it at the front desk when my daughter gets there! Service!

• Stayed June 2012
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My company stayed at The Holiday Inn Express in Hutto for a business trip and it exceeded my expectations. We had a stressful 3 days of work but every time we returned we were repeatedly greeted with a smile by Jocelyn at the front desk. We asked her where to eat, where to go, what time places closed and she was always patient and ready to help. Her welcoming manner was very refreshing. As someone who has traveled A LOT for business, I was very grateful for Jocelyn's cheerful demeanor and upbeat attitude, something lots of front desks lack. The hotel itself was kept very clean and the modern decor made me feel I was in the city and not in the middle of Hutto, TX. The breakfast buffet was different everyday and there was a good variety. Overall, our stay at The Holiday Inn, Hutto, TX was extremely pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ANDYPATEL720, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Jessica

Thank you so much for your great comments about our property and mainly Jocelyn. She definitely is a valued employee and it makes me proud to say that she works at our establishment. Thank you so much for your business and we hope you will come see us again when you are in the area.

Sincerely
Andy Patel
Highland Village, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We were pleased with our overnight stay. The room was spacious and well appointed. Very clean and a comfortable bed. The breakfast in the morning was just ok but I don't know how much you can expect from a free hotel breakfast. There were plenty of tables and chairs in the breakfast area. We were traveling with our dogs and the hotel charges a $50 non-refundable "deposit" for pets. I feel that's a little steep.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite and it was quite roomy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
new braunfels
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This hotel double charged my credit card for my stay and then it took me 18 days of hell to get my money back from them. They not only kept my $400 ransom but told me their wasn't anything they could do about it. Not only did they double charged my card twice they applied my credit to someone else's card! After 12 days of my account being negative I called for a check and was told no, there wasnt anything they could do about it I would just have to wait the 6 more days for the credit to be applied! Don't know about you, but $400 isn't pocket change and I work hard for my money, don't let this happen to you, STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear NewBraunfelsHeck,

Thank you for your candid review about our hotel. I would like to apologize that the refund took a few days to be posted in your account. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering superior service. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you once again and hope to see you back at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hutto soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care
georgetown, texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nothing bad, nothing special. Room seemed clean. I liked that the bathrooms offered a nice big shower instead of a shallow tub. Bed had seen better days -- pretty soft, and I like a firm bed. Hotel mostly empty, and we were given the room directly next to the elevator, so heard everyone that came off the elevator drunk all night long.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor away from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear rfalstad,

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is unfortunate you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, and your feedback will help us to do so.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights at this hotel in a king suite. The room was spotless and smelled fresh and clean. The layout of the room was nice with the sofa bed, desk, and bed and we appreciated having a refrigerator.

The hotel is in a safe, well-kept area that is well lit. There is a chilis and a few other food options close by.

My kids very much enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and I liked the well-kept exercise room.

They had a nice variety of breakfast items and several hot options, including cheese omeletes one morning. They had bacon one morning, and sausage the next. Good options compared to a lot of hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hutto? Share your experiences!