“My stay here was free and I think I was overcharged.” 1 of 5 stars

Ramada Limited Dallas South/Hutchins
and 1 more site!
You added Ramada Limited Dallas South/Hutchins to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Dallas South/Hutchins
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4420 Cedardale, I-20 Bonnie View Exit, Hutchins, TX 75241   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hutchins
Dallas, Texas
“My stay here was free and I think I was overcharged.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Room seemed kinda clean with old bed linens, A/C never really cooled the room to my liking and the controls were broken so I had no way of setting it properly. Someone came knocking on my door at 9:30 PM as though they knew who I was. I never opened the door, but the motel has a security golf cart with 3 flat tires! Breakfast was a joke, yesterday they had a frozen McDonalds sausage biscuit out in the pastries box. They have a good selection of cereal but basically nothing else. Security is a big concern here! Owners seem to be doing just enough to keep the business of trucking companies that need a place to house new hires during orientation only.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of the availability of semi-truck parking. Our upstairs room was directly across from a clear view of our truck. In the morning (Saturday), we discovered the passenger side window of our truck OBLITERATED & THE ENTIRE INTERIOR TRASHED. The TV was the only thing STOLEN, because everything else of value was with us in the room. Dallas Police arrived, stated this particular hotel parking lot is notorious for NIGHTLY vehicle theft.
The truck beside ours had the same VANDALISM & THEFT.
The onsite property manager, 'Bob', resides in the downstairs unit directly across from the area in which this FREQUENT CRIMINAL ACTIVITY occurs. His reaction to the DESTRUCTION & THEFT of our property was to direct us to the lobby phone. Turns out the "security" cameras are faulty and do not record, are for real time viewing from stationary views.
The hotel description indicated a 24 hour staffed front desk but that turned out to be false. In fact, the front doors are locked and the front canopy lights are turned off around 2am until 6am!
Obviously, had we known about this before, we would not have even considered staying there, which is why we are posting this strongly worded review.

Stayed February 2012
Rockland, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Clean comfortable lodging, management not overly outgoing but kind.

Area surrounded by truck stops and large truck related services, which aren't usually found in nice areas. Many homeless or unemployed in this African American community, with someone always approaching you asking for money or cigarettes when off motel property. Truckers are asked to drop their trailer in the very little truck parking area, and park tractor in front of their room because of recent break-ins and theft of CB's and the like.

Decent motel, wrong area!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I was here for two nights for spending some time out. Umm, wanted some real good things happen to me. And guess what, I ended up at perfect place. This place is located at silent location, the rooms are clean and worth money. But above all, the guy at the front desk is amazing. He has some real good accent, sweet smile on his face, handsome, with nice sense of humour. He gave me perfect service at night time, like seen such decency nowhere, seriously!! The guy in the morning there was ok. Above all, I would rate this motel 3.5, but that guy I would give 10 on 10. You can try his gesture if you see him some time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Joplin, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

Everything was pretty good on check in evne though it was late at night, however one thing that annoyed me was getting knocks on the door from the maids at10:30 well before it would be normal check out time to clean the room. But the kicker is I had called the night before check out and asked for a late check out with which the clerk who answered the phone said was fine but the next day while taking a shower, the manager or asst manager pounded on the door and my gf said he told her we had to leave immediately and that any late check outs had to be cleared thru him, stupid me, I should have known that right, because obviously I"m psychic. Upon returning home I noticed that he charged my card for an additional day even though I hadn't stayed so now as we speak I"m disputing this with my bank, and I called Ramada's customer service to let them know and within 30 mins later I get a call from the manager person who basically calls me a liar and tells me I can drive down there anytime to review the video for whatever reason, anyways, avoid at all costs unless you like getting screwed over.

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — the manager and getting swindled by getting charged for an extra day
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

Having to go to Dallas Texas,I went on the internet to fnd a hotel closest to the area I needed to be.The Ramada Ltd. was recommended by hotels.com. The second day of my visit which was a cold and wet and rainy day. That afternoon when the toilet was flushed it proceeded to overflow. There was a plunger already in the room.(how lucky and convient that was!!!!).Iplunged the toilet to stop it from running over.I called the front desk to inform them what had happened.The clerk informed me that i needed to use the towels to mop the water up. There was too much water on the floor.She informed me that i had a problem and she was the only one at the desk and that was the best that she could do for me.She did however take the time to bring me a bag of rags for me to mop with.Then she later was gracious enough to bring me a mop and bucket to mop with after I called the hotel managerr/owner who hung the phone up in my face.She eventually came and mopped the room and I don't think she liked it one bit.Stay away from the hotel will never visit again!!!!

• Liked — it was a convienent location
  • Disliked — poor maintenance and desk clerk rude and unaccomodating
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

I had a confirmed rate of $61.75/night plus taxes. When checking out I was charged an additional $2.50 per night as an "amenity" charge. The manager explained it was a charge for the availability of a coffee pot and ironing board in the room. I nicely explained that I neither ordered or used the coffee pot or ironing board, but he would not remove the charge. My opinion is to seriously avoid places like this.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramada Limited Dallas South/Hutchins? Share your experiences!