“Will Never Order A Cake Agin!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 121 Restaurants in Hurst
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Will Never Order A Cake Agin!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Ordered two previous cakes, no problem. But, ordered a cake 6 weeks before for a bridal shower on Sunday 9/29/13, called at 8am Saturday and they obviously did not have the cake, but said it would be ready at 2:00. Sent my mother to pick it up, she told them the bow was too small, but took the cake. When she got home with it, I could not believe it!!!!Horrible!!!. We ordered a larger size cake and the bow on it was ridiculously too small and the dots looked terrible. I called them and after arguing with them for a while ( which is terrible customer service to argue with your customer , telling the customer that the cake looks great) The cake designer said she would be proud to take it to a shower. And because they were closing and closed tomorrow the best she could offer was to charge me $30 more for a larger bow. $30 more, they should have said something when I ordered the cake, now that is two trips to Hurst which is a 35 minute drive each way and to pay more for the bow! This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and to argue with me about the way the cake looked! I will never order from them again!! Oh and the icing was smeared on the cake and it was supposed to be fondant icing. If they mess up your cake they are obviously not willing to do anything to satisfy their customers.

• Visited September 2013

Grapevine, Texas
“Fake Buttercream Icing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

You'd think when you go to a "real" bakery, you'd get the "real deal" product. But no, as gorgeous as the cupcakes appear, that's not true buttercream icing. Instead, it's the nasty Crisco-like substitute (I asked and though difficult for the counter guy to admit, he succumbed; but quickly noted, it was a very high quality shortening). Sadly, they lack even a tease of flavor.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hurst, Texas
“AMAZING CAKE WORK!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My duaghter had her 10 year bithday this past Jan. She wanted a Paris themed party with an Eiffel Tower cake. Not A sheet cake, a 3D Cake! Placing the order was so easy and the guy helping me knew exactly what I wanted and was able to do it. The even more amazing part, the price!!! I was afraid it would be an outrageous amount but I was very suprised!! When we picked up the cake it almost brought me to tears...it was exactly what we had in mind!! She was so excited!!! My husband picked up the cake for me and he got a loaf of their pumpkin bread....that's ALL he talks about every time we drive by! He loved it! So they also have other awesome baked goods besides cake!!

• Visited January 2013
Fort Worth, TX
“Cakes are moist and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have never been disappointed with anything I have bought from this bakery! I have been a customer for over 5 years and everything is always fresh, moist, and very tasty. My only complaint is they close at 5 pm which makes it difficult to get there after work but other than that it's an awesome bakery!

• Visited December 2012
Euless, Texas
“Custom cakes are their specialty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've ordered my sons' birthday & team cakes from here for 8yrs and have NEVER been disappointed! Once I was out-of-town and called for them to make a Wolverine-themed cake for my son. I told them I trusted whatever pic/design they developed. He was uber excited to see the cake which looked like a HD pic of Hugh Jackman! They done SO many cakes I can't keep track of how many "Wows" I've rec'd from the boys and guests over the years. I'll admit the icing can sometimes be a little thick but I've yet to receive ANY complaints from those that matter...the kids eating it. Texas Star Bakery is THE place if you want a custom-made cake!

• Visited June 2012