“A regular hang out!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“A regular hang out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My family and girlfriends and I love this place and go here often. We love Greek food! Even my husband, who's not a big fan of Greek food, loves their crab-stuffed salmon special. Several friends and I have celebrated birthdays here, too.

If I want something lean and tasty, my favorite thing is the Fatoosh salad with Gyro meat. If I'm not dieting, then I'll order the Gyro wrap. Somehow, the babaghanoush and hummus are always ordered as appetizers, no matter what. For a real treat, order the saganaki, which is the Greek version of fried mozzarella, which your server will light on fire.

The baklava is always good. Everything is always good, I've never tasted anything bland or unsatisfying.

What a welcome, fun little place for the Mid-Cities!

• Visited July 2012

Cypress, Texas
“Great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I traveled to Hurst to meet a friend in advance of attending a Rangers game that night. My friend suggested lunch at Cafe Medi. I am a believer! This is an excellent place. The owner / proprietor is a hoot. Ask him his opinion of baseball and THEN tell him you are a big baseball fan!

In all seriousness, I ordered the Pastitsio ( a Greek style lasagna dish) and a side salad. Both were excellent. I like lasagna a bit dry and relatively heavy on the beef. The Pastitsio was excellent - some of the best lasagna I've ever had.

Service was very good and accommodating.

Overall, a fine choice and one I would highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

We had a very good meal. The atmosphere was OK the food delicious and the service very good. We enjoyed our BOYB wine and had a great time. If you are looking for good Greek food this is a must stop.

Hurst, Texas
“Great Casual Mediterranean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My Wife and I love this place. They hot or veggie sampler platters (I don't remember what they call them) are a staple of nearly every visit. It's BYOB so bring a nice bottle of wine and if it's cool enough enjoy the cozy patio. They have great food all around. We have had some mixed results on service, not really bad service just a little bit of cockiness from one of the guys. Other than that it's usually great. You can also enjoy a Hookah on the patio if that's your thing, we got a hookah once and enjoyed it. Cafe Medi is one of our favorite places to go when we have a night out.

• Visited May 2012
“Opa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have been to Cafe Medi countless times, and each time has been a joy. The gyros are flavorful, the lamb chops perfectly seasoned, the chicken is moist, and the seafood is fresh. Portions are very generous, but don't pass on the appetizers-- this is the best hummus and baba ghanouj around! BYOB--my four favorite letters! The baklava is flaky, buttery, sticky, and nutty and goes so well with the delightfully thick and strong Turkish coffee. This is a tiny place and fills up quickly, so get there early or be prepared to wait.

• Visited June 2012