“One of our favorites.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
North Richland Hills, Texas
“One of our favorites.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

We have been going to La Bistro since it opened in 1984. It's in a strip mall kind of by itself, so you might not think to stop there. But, the food is very good. One of our favorites is the Chicken Jerusalem. It was about $14 I think, so not bad, especially since it comes with bread, soup or salad and a side of spaghetti. The lobster bisque is also a favorite. Definitely worth a stop.

• Visited January 2012

Fort Worth, Texas
“Biggest Surprise I've Had In a Long Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Absolutely delicious, about sums it up. I've passed by this place for years as I live in town and never thought much of it due to it's forgettable front and empty strip mall location. It was about the only thing open there. But it doesn't need a fancy building the food and ambiance makes up for it. We actually went here because of a Groupon, and so glad we did. We've already decided we will be coming back Groupon or no Groupon. The wait staff appear to have worked there for years and the place seems very authentic. I was even impressed that they put the appropriate type of wine in the appropriate type of wine glass. They obviously care about making quality food. The pasta and bread we had all tasted fresh and homemade. I'm licking my lips already thinking about the next visit. You will not be disappointed unless you prefer the more popular chain type places with straight from the microwave faire.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth, TX
“Looks can be deceiving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

This restaurant is kind of a little hidden secret. Tucked away in an aging strip center with a ho hum facade, you don't expect the ambience when you walk into this wonderful place. Tablecloths, fresh flowers, waiters acting graciously, and owner constantly monitering his patrons. But wait--there's more. Piano player tinkling the ivories and walking around asking for requests. Then, there's the food. Oh wow!!!! They bring out endless platters of the most wonderful garlic bread. You have a choice between a fresh salad with homemade dressing or lobster bisque. Hubby got the bisque and it was pure heaven. For $14.95 (yes that is correct), I ordered a incredible chicken/artichoke/ mushroom entree in a brandy cream sauce. You will need a doggy bag. We've been going here for years and will continue to do so.

• Visited December 2011
Hurst, Texas
“Best Kept Secret in Hurst”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

This wonderful little restaurant recently celebrated 25 years in business and their food is the reason why. Always consistant, always good and always worth the price. Give it a try and see why they've been such a success.

Visited November 2011
grapevine
“Molto Bene!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I discovered this hidden gem of a restaurant 10 years ago and I have always had an excellent experience there. The inside is old school sophisticated, white tablecloths, dimmed lighting, but it is not off-putting to the casual diner. The service is impeccable and the waiters are very knowledgeable about the menu. I usually start with calamari and garlic bread (both excellent), and my favorite entree is the Chicken La Bistro which is served in a delicious cream sauce. Everyone should visit this restaurant for the food and service, and I also recommend it for a romantic evening out. The prices are very reasonable fr the quality of food served.

• Visited August 2011