“Room great, charge card problems” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hurst
Bossier City, Louisiana, United States
“Room great, charge card problems”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Room was great, large and spacious, carpet had 2 spots on carpet of room 517, shuttle service to wedding-Mohamed was great driver, I used my charge card to pay for 1night stay ,and my daughter was paying for my second night. Hyatt started adding $10.00 a day for my card, and my daughter $20.00 a day. Instead of me being charge $92.00 for 1 night, I have charges of $205.32 on my debit card. What a mess.
The breakfast sandwiches were hot and fresh, egg, cheese and ham on english muffin, fresh fruit, oatmeal, cold cereals, milk, and juice. Great meal. Small lobby and dining area, sure got crowded when breakfast was going on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

After spending 1/2 the day at stranded at Dallas airport by American Airline. I was offered Hyatt Place as a choice for a overnight stay. I usually like to do my research however, I was exhausted, frustrated and just took a blind chance. The shuttle driver was hospitable (prior navy guy) and had lots of great conversation on the way from the airport. The front desk clerks were great and understood how distressed we were. The room was great, very spacious, great little sectional couch, refrigerator, desk, sink in the sitting area and sink outside the restroom, lots of closet space and comfy bed. It was like a spa after a traveling day from hell. The front desk staff cooked me up a tasty quesadilla and apple martini which was what I needed. The front desk staff even found some much needed toiletries since my luggage was MIA.
The only thing I can do is give this hotel the highest recommendation for a single, couple or family stay. I traveled solo this time but I will definitely be looking for this brand to travel with the family. The staff was great in the AM the breakfast was delicious and the shuttle driver whisked me back to the airport. Wish I could have spent more time here on better circumstances.

Room Tip: The rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Baytown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here to be close to relatives and the hotel is very nice. Nice rooms with big tv's and a typical hotel free breakfast in the morning. The room was very clean but had been visited by a smoker in the past. Enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

First let me say that this is a great hotel to stay at, especially if you are a business traveler like me. The rooms are spacious, wi-fi is free, and the breakfast and decor are great. The only downside with the room was a loud air conditioner whose housing needed to be tightened up because it rattled when it was on. I booked my stay on their website and things went sideways when my meetings in Dallas wrapped up a day early and I requested an early check out. They explained that since I booked on their website, I could not alter any aspect of my stay, but if I would have just called them to book it, they would have no problem crediting back the night I no longer needed. When I found the hotel online, I booked directly with their site instead of one of the travel sites because I thought I might get better terms that way, which could not have been farther from reality. I fully recognize that they say they will not allow changes when booking through their site, and it really got to me when they explained how easy it would have been if I had just called. With the amount of competition Hyatt has in this space, I find it incredible that they would display such poor customer service for something that is so common to business travelers; schedules change unexpectedly. I will definitely no longer book rooms here online (where Hyatt makes the most margin because they don't have to pay someone to take my reservation). Thankfully, after speaking with numerous people, Naomi stepped in and saved the day by offering to credit me for the room just as I was leaving. When she did this, I had already resigned myself to the fact that I was paying for a room that I was not going to use (she was the third person I talked to and I was just asking for directions when she actually offered to help). Thank you Naomi, I hope Hyatt rewards you for engaging common sense and displaying real customer service. In summary, the lesson here is, as long as your trip is set in stone, this is a great hotel. If there is a possibility that plans could change, find another hotel or book over the phone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, great area, great facilities, gear bedrooms!!!!!!!!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The rooms here are great for a short stay. The bed area was tight with two double beds. The separate living are was much bigger. There was only one tv for both areas. There was also a small kitchenette with a fridge and sink. A small desk was in one corner. Bath/shower was tight. The sink was separate with a large mirror. Overall the space was clean and updated. The comps were good, continental breakfast and newspaper. I would stay here again. The service was good. Location near lots of shopping choices.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
oklahoma city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The staff at the Hyatt hotel are great! They went above and beyond their duty. They were courteous and friendly, and very helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others. The rooms were spacious. Bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. Keep up the good work! Thanks for the free breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Fort Worth/Hurst? Share your experiences!