“Don't let the outside fool you” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Huntsville
ElPaso
“Don't let the outside fool you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The outside of this hotel looks down right scary but the room is surprisingly nice. New tv, new beds and quite clean. Their is no breakfast to speak of unless all you want is toast and the shower head was installed by someone under 5 feet tall but in all not bad

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Concordia, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I were happy with our stay. The owner is currently making up grades.The maids do a good job. They bought new pillows.With all the motels to choose from in the same area, the econo lodge was the most affordable. The area was surrounded with resturants and grocery stores. You have access to a washer and dryer. We had to stay for two months and there was never anything that I needed that the owner did not see to it that I received.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Ok...69.99 a night for an Econo Lodge...I should have known better! We always stay in Choice hotel chains though and I've actually had pretty good luck with Econo Lodge in the past so I decided to risk it. I regretted it the minute we opened the door. I have a lot to say about it so I'm going to divide it up into categories.

The good: Front desk lady was nice, new floor in room (some kind of wood grain laminate, not carpet), the shower/tub & vanity looked new. I think they may have been in the middle of a remodel so the floor and shower was actually clean.

The bad: There were only 3 towels in the room. Our reservation was for 4. When my husband went down to the office to get another one, he had to go with the lady to another room and she got it out of there. Apparently, they didn't have any in the office.
The TV was an old analog TV. The bedding looked old. The sheets were clean, but the blanket looked pretty bad and it was brown which was a little unnerving. I also found hair on one. We actually went to wal-mart and bought a couple of cheap blankets because we didn't want to sleep under the ones on the bed.
The breakfast was the worst I've ever seen at a Choice hotel chain! There was some not-so-great coffee, a few blueberry muffins, a few chocolate chip muffins, half a loaf of bread (and a toaster) and a few bananas. That was IT! No milk, no cereal, no yogurt, no pastries. I understand that it's a small motel and doesn't have cooking facilities, but come on! Some cereal and donuts and juice would be an easy addition.

The Ugly: The walls were nasty! It looked like blood smeared on them in a couple of places as well as the ceiling. My kids were convinced that someone had been murdered in the room. The baseboards were also in really nasty condition. The chairs in the room were also dirty. Don't know what was on those, but we didn't sit on them!

If this room was under renovation it should not have been rented out. Some of the things were new, but others were awful. They really need to repaint the walls and ceiling before letting anyone else stay there.

We were going to ask to be moved to another room, but we figured they'd all be about the same. We would have left and gone to another hotel, but we didn't want to lose the 70 bucks on that one so we just toughed it out. I told the kids it was a lesson in appreciating what you have!

Room Tip: try another hotel!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
general261, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Let me offer my apologies for the situation you encountered. This is something that we try to avoid but, obviously, we sometimes fall short of the mark despite all our best efforts in satisfying the needs of every guest. It is clear that we dropped the ball, so to speak, when taking care of your needs. This shows me that we have an area where further training is required for the staff. I hope you can allow us the chance to improve in this area and stay with us again. Then let me know if we have indeed improved our product in your eyes. After all, it is the guest's point of view that is most important to us. Without our guests we would not be here.
You are correct we are remodeling the hotel. The flooring on the ground floor are porcelian wood look tile. We are going to be painting the rooms, and changing out all the lighting fixtures,39" flat screen tv's are being installed the week of March 17th. We are also changing out some of the bedding.
As far as breakfast is concerned to do anything extra which we would love to do,we would need a refridgerator as well as a 3 compartment sink which we do not have the room for. I wish you had brought these issues up to the desk clerk so that we could have corrected the issues or would have been very glad to refund your money. Like I said earlier without our guests we would not be here.

Aroon Patel, GM
Katy, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had stayed here several years ago and had a memorably bad experience, so we were hesitant to stay the night, but it was all good. The location was close to everything we needed and the A/C ran constantly (which we love) so we never heard any noise, if there was any. Breakfast is worth skipping. It was a good surprise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Econolodge because every other hotel was booked. The lady at the front desk was very unpleasant, nothing in particular just a really bad attitude. The room was clean, but the beds are very hard, and the pillows are flat. You get two pillows per bed, and when I called to see if I could get a couple more, I was told that no more were available. Parking is really tight. There is no pen in the room, although there is a survey they want you to fill out. I would, but my pen is in my car, at the other end of the property, downstairs. Worst of all is the pool, green and so cloudy you can't see the bottom. Gross!

• Stayed August 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here recently, nice clean rooms.....Staff goes out of there way to please there guests.
(tamika,mrs. mock) Very knowlegible on local area and good shopping tips.

Definately would stay there again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

The location of this property is great, the staff was very courteous and friendly. The property is a bit older but for the age it is nicely kept. I enjoyed the small breakfast in the morning! I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!