“Horrible Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Huntsville
Bastrop
“Horrible Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel didn't have a pleasant spell when we entered the room. Upon arrival they tried to charge me 20.00 a night more than what they quoted me on. Just so happen I had the email that they sent me the week before. Second, please listen to the reviews about the Internet. It did not work at all. I even called before and they told me it was working. Third we told the cleaning lady to clean our room when we left that morning and to find when we return it was not cleaned. The Manager did give me 25% off my stay but it wasn't about the money, it was about the overall stay. I will never stay in a Days Inn again. This was my first and my last time. This hotel is horrible I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ravi P, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Lasean,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I'm alarmed to hear you had such a negative experience. We recently renovated the interior of our entire inn, so I'm surprised you smelled something unpleasant. I also apologize for the error in our room's pricing. We tried to make it up to you with the 25% discount. If there's anything else we can do to make things right, please let me know. We want to do what we can to make sure our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay.

Best,
Ravi Patel - Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pleasanton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms were roomy and very clean. Smelled of oranges :-) Rented 2 suites and it was super affordable. Breakfast area was also organized and clean. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ravi P, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hi Sherry,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to know you found our rooms clean, comfortable and affordable. That's the goal! Next time you're in Huntsville, be sure to keep us in mind!

All the best,
Port Arthur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I always use the Days Inn when in the Huntsville, TX area.
I like the location, good rates, nice rooms, and nice folks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ravi P, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thanks Carl! I sincerely appreciate your loyal support. Looking forward to your next visit to Huntsville!

Take care,
Odessa, Texas, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Even though both attendants at front desk were very friendly and courteous I seemed unable to get the attention needed , at the times it was needed, to help fix the issues we were having with our stay/room.
Let me first say that the room appeared clean and all accessories looked appropriate and functional. It was located in an ideal location for my needs . Also I was given a discount for booking an additional night stay when I checked in. Smoking was available, perfect size room, microwave and mini-fridge included, drink and ice machine was within 20 yards of the front door, not just one but two nice restaurants within walking distance , awesome!
Now lets discuss the shortcomings. First, ashtrays were missing so front desk was contacted twice , was told they were on the way both times and we waited but no assistance
ever arrivied. Second, the internet wouldnt work at all , again after calling front desk that night, and askiing about it the next morning , no help. Third ,the bathtub faucet had a screw
sticking out that was sharp and long , hurt my finger on it but not badly enough to leave a mark . Finally, I wore a brand new pair of white socks around the room since I forgot to bring my house shoes and after just a couple trips from bed to bathroom they were ruined, I mean stained beyond washing or cleaning could even come close to addressing. I have pictures but cannot find anywhere here to attach them.
Otherwise ...........our trip to Huntsville was great and we enjoyed ourselves .
Sincerely , Jay & Pam Isaacs

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ravi P, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hi Jay and Pam,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. While I'm glad you appreciated our inn's convenient location and our staff's friendly demeanor, I'm truly sorry you were let down by our service. We're normally much more attentive, but it seems we didn't live up to our standards during your stay. I'll be sure to address your experience with our staff so that we can better serve our guests going forward.

I'm also alarmed to hear your room's floor was that dirty. We thoroughly clean and vacuum every room every day. In any case, please know that we're currently renovating our entire interior with new flooring and amenities. We want to do what we can to ensure our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Best,
Ravi Patel - Owner

Been to Days Inn & Suites Huntsville? Share your experiences!