“Nice room but no hot water” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Huntsville
Friendswood, Texas
“Nice room but no hot water”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We checked in on a Friday afternoon to attend a visitation/funeral for which my husband was a pallbearer. My husband took a shower after we arrived and told the front desk there was no hot water. They explained that there were many guests staying for a softball tournament and they had just returned and were probably taking showers. When we returned from the visitation, I took a shower and still no hot water. The next morning, still no hot water. My husband complained to the front desk and was given a 5% discount (about $5) on our bill. My husband had also noticed that the tub faucet was leaking water down the wall. A maintenance man was sent to our room to look at the leak. My husband mentioned the no hot water and the maintenance man stated that the boiler had gone out and the owner elected to wait until Monday to have it repaired to avoid paying weekend repair rates. It would seem that the owner is not very concerned for the customers' well being. Although the room was nicely furnished, we basically paid over $100 to sleep on a bed and have cold showers! Not impressed. :(

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip to Houston. My meeting was on the north side of Houston and I drove from Dallas instead of flying. This hotel is about 3 hours from Dallas and about 1 hour from Houston. Very nice. Clean. Convenient. Walmart and Target are near by. Easy access on and off I-45. No highway noise. Breakfast was very good. No mystery meat here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor but away from the lobby.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

When I arrived at the hotel, the lobby was very clean and presentable; I thought the fresh cookies were a nice touch. However, it was apparent the hallway to my room had not been vacuumed in a while; the carpet baseboard was so dusty it was discolored. I noticed stains on the duvet; the fitted sheet didn't even cover the top mattress; everything was dusty - from the hair dryer, exposed pipes, light fixtures and shower head in the bathroom to the mirrors and lamps in the room. The bathroom walls had been spot painted with a mismatched paint so it appeared there were grease stains on the walls. When I used the shower I also noticed stains and beard trimmings on the shower curtain. The hotel is in an excellent location, has a very nice breakfast and friendly, efficient staff but I could not recommend a stay here. Very unfortunate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gonzales, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here for my sons baseball. When we arrived after a lengthy check in process, we got to our room,mwalkmin and immediately go to use the bathroom and its not clean. There is nothing like have dirty facilities. There was someone else's hair all over the floor, the toilet was not cleaned and the tub/shower was dirty as well. We were apparently placed in a handicap room, which I'm unsure why since my reservation was made months in advance and that was not an option I chose when making my reservation. We have a huge shower chair in our bathroom that was also not clean.
The maid service didn't make our beds when they came through.
The furniture in the room was worn and old.
The curtain system was not adequate, there was more light coming from the sides right into my face in the morning. Not something I wanted to wake up to while trying to enjoy sleeping in.
Our keys never did work more than a1/2 day, ha to go get replacements keys, and they checked us out a day early.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you don't have to
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had to stay here for a few days on business, was blown away with the customer service I received from Eric. He was courteous and professional. There were a couple issues with my online reservation and he was able to rectify the situation immediately. The rooms were a little out of date, but large and comfortable. Could use a little work on the breakfast food. All in all, it was a good stay made great by great customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was in town recently with my daughter for an event and ran into some trouble when our hotel we booked lost our reservation. I came to this hotel and was assisted by Eric who was more than happy to accommodate me. He made the check in process so smooth after we had been so disheveled and even made some fresh cookies for my daughter to enjoy! The room was spacious and a better deal overall. Eric's help definitely made my experience worth while.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Loveland, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was very impressed with Louie! Louie is very polite and patient with guests. He is willing to bend over backwards to help make your stay more enjoyable.

I am here on business. When the hotel was having issues with their guest computer, Louie offered me a solution when another guest clerk could not. The documents I had to send were very important and time sensitive! Louie saved me and my company a good deal of money.

Louie embodies what great customer service should be! He represents the Choice Hotel brand with professionalism and a caring attitude when a majority of others do not!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!