“Clean & FRIENDLY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Huntsville
Sawyer
“Clean & FRIENDLY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here on a pastoral visit to a couple prisons. We were very pleased with the help. They let us have the time we needed before checking out. The rooms were clean. This is an older motel but still nice. Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We just returned from a one-night stay at this property, and were very pleased with both the accommodations and the service we received. The room was exactly as requested, including a 'quiet location away from the elevator', and on the top floor. The room was quite large and well-lit, and there was lots of space to spread out; importantly, it seemed quite clean. The bathroom was great, and the sitting area included a nice-sized refrigerator and separate sink. Parking, check-in, and check-out were easy. The bed originally seemed quite firm (and the pillows strangely small), but both my husband and I slept extremely well. The location is on the southern edge of town, but was very easy to find, and the room was very quiet even though the motel is just off I-45. We weren't able to stay for breakfast, but there seemed to be a good assortment of food, including scrambled eggs and make-your-own waffles. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stay over 200 nights a year in motels and the daytime front desk person (Erica) is the rudest person that I have ever encountered. I generally spend several weeks at a property when I am in a town on business so I always ask for a discounted long term rate.
I asked Erica whom I would need to speak with about a discount for a long term stay and after giving me a disgusted look she said that the GM would have to make that decision and that he wasn't on the property. She said that she would tell him and that he would get back to me. I asked her again the next morning if she had spoken to him and she rudely informed me that she had and that he was "taking it into consideration". I asked to speak to him and again was told that he was not on the property.
I also carry with me a key card that has my favorite sports team logo on it and use it at every hotel that I stay at and could I use it? She promptly informed me that that was "against policy and procedure". I explained to her that this was the only hotel that I had stayed at that refused to let me use the key. Her response was " So you are telling me that every hotel that you stay at violates policy and procedure? I find that hard to believe!"
The rest of the staff at the hotel was very courteous and helpful except that when I told them that I wanted to speak with the manager, I was always told that he wasn't on the property. I don't know if he ever got the messages or not but if he did, he never responded to me. Needless to say i have moved to another motel in town that is much more customer friendly!!!
The other issues with the Comfort Suites are (1) There was trash on the floors in the hallways that was there when I checked in and and still there when i checked out 3 days later. (2) The grass by the pool area in the back of the hotel had weeds over a foot tall and the flower beds appeared to not have been maintained in months.
I not only won't stay at this property again but will do my best to avoid any property owned by Akash Hotels!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed at this property with a wedding party. I've stayed at many Comfort Suites properties--this one is about average or slightly less than average. Rooms are spacious--bathroom tub stopper was missing which is no problem if you take showers, I prefer baths so that option was out. Also, the shower walls were not clean. Beds were ok. Continental breakfast is above average but the hostess seemed not to be able to keep the food stocked and when you asked her where something was--she wasn't sure. Elevator is very slow and makes sounds that give you an uneasy feeling that it's not going to make it to the third floor.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Let's start out by saying that I haven't ran into anyone in Huntsville that has been unpolite.
Pleasantly surprised with our experience!.
I'm typically a little apprehensive about staying in some Comfort Suites, and I generally stay at Hampton Inn or something similar. However, this Comfort Suites is Very Nice, Clean and Comfortable. Everyone has been accomodating and it seriously gives Hampton a run for the money... They have cookies available at check in and guest welcoming receptions in the evening with beer, wine and snacks.. Nothing huge but certainly not something I expected to see at a comfort Suites...I would stay here again without hesitation on my next visit to the area, and I will certainly recommend this location to my family and friends.
GREAT JOB to the entire staff here!

Room Tip: I stayed in #319 and it looks out over the front of the building close to the door. I could hear the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have tried several hotels in Huntsville, and this one felt the safest, was the cleanest, and the front desk was the nicest. I am a woman traveling alone, and some of the more motel-style places have been noisy, and not well-lit. The rooms at Comfort Suites are large and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I was in Huntsvile for a scuba diving certification at the Blue Lagoon. We made it a family get away for 3 days and 2 nights. We had 2 Rooms. Single King Suites next to each other. The rooms were clean, good sized, beds comfortable, comfortable bedding, flat screen tv, Shower with message showerhead, with the new style curved shower curtain for more room. Desk with office chair. microwave, coffee maker, and small fridge. Breakfast was very good, lots of choices. Service was fine, no complaints. All the comforts of home. Good value for what you get. We had a nice time. No need to try anyplace else in Huntsville, we'll stay here again!

Room Tip: If you present a Veterans Card you receive a nice discount.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!