“Not a place someone should go....” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Huntsville, Texas
“Not a place someone should go....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Living in Huntsville some friends and I decided to go here before a night out on the town. We got a booth near the kitchen and what we heard and saw I need to share. As a frequent restaurant visitor and a waitress at another restaurant in the area I notice these things and think they should be shared. First, our server was an older hispanic lady never carded any of us for our drinks; we all were over 21, but don't look anywhere close to it so that just seems kind of shady that an establishment in a college town doesn't card. Next, I couldn't understand why one or two servers seemed to never stop moving and then there were others that hung around the bar just chit-chatting, shouldn't they be doing something to help the ones that actually appear to be working? Our server appeared to be a manager, but didn't seem to help her servers out very much; but then again that was my observation. We got our drinks very quickly but I heard the booth behind us saying they seemed to wait forever for their drinks. Then, I could not understand why the hostess was required to clear off servers tables, didn't the servers just make the money off that table? Why should she have to clean it up for them? I hope she at least gets tipped out. And I have saved the best for last, I love listening to conversations between servers, yea I'm nosey I get it haha. But when I heard a few of the chatty servers by the bar say a little too loudly for patrons to hear that they had roaches I wanted to leave right then and there, unfortunately by the time I heard this I had already finished my food. I heard them saying a roach had crawled out of someone's fries right there at their table!! And that the restaurant was infested with them. We immediately asked for our check and got out of there. I will never go back and I hope you don't either.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Fort Carson, Colorado
“Great service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Love it...Great portions and price...My brother and I went to catch up...Not loud at all either...

Visited April 2011
Huntsville, Texas
“why do you have such bad service when you have soo many servers standing around?!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

My time at Bandera Grill I feel I will never get back. I went there with my friends and family. there was only about 15 of us. The food that actually made it out to the table that was correct was great. Unfortunately, for my friends that got the wrong plate they were less than pleased. When we asked to speak to a manager a young lady came and talked to us that we knew was not the manager. We had eaten there before and had her wait on us before it is very unlikely that she was not the manager. Instead, she tried to explain to us that there were a lot of us and that it really hard to get everything right. The only thing that they offered to us was a free slice of pie. Overall, if the food wasn't good I would say the restaurant is a complete waste of an appetite : (

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aledo, Texas
“More of a family restaraunt than it appears.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

The Bandera Grill is a nice family restaurant that was a pleasant surprise. The sign advertised that they had been voted the best chicken fried steak, but it looks like it is a Mexican restaurant-what gives? 4 of us went there and each had something different. It was clean and has the feel of a Mexican food place-they have a nice looking patio that were it not for the 100 degree temps, would be inviting. We were seated promptly by our helpful and cheerful waitress. We got chips and queso when we sat down-sure feels like a Mexican food restaurant and the frozen margaritas were great (they also had a nice selection of draft and bottled beer). But what about the food? Since it advertised "best CF steak" one of us gave it a try. It was a huge portion of steak, probably round-nice batter and great tasting gravy. One of the sides was mashed potatoes and they sure tasted like "real" mash potatoes and not the mixes you get at some places. One of our party had a salad and it was fresh with a nice mixture of ingredients-not just some iceberg with a few tomatoes. The fajitas were very good-try the ones with bacon crumbles and cheese-yep, sound different, but bacon and cheese make fajitas that are out of this world. The only place where the fajitas fell down a bit was the flour tortillas-they just weren't as good as everything else, but this is really a minor gripe. But wait-they have pies-home made pies and although we didn't have a slice, there was table next to us that had coffee and pie-at a Mexican restaurant. The prices are reasonable, the food was great and the waitresses were cheerful and helpful. A great place to visit when in Huntsville, Texas.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“BAD BUSINESS ETHICS”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

I asked Bandera's for a quote for a catering job of over 200 people for a wedding reception. I was told she would call me back within a week with a price after receiving my lists of 'needs' for my reception. I never received a call. My fiance and I went to eat there several weeks later and I again gave her my list of needs and again was told she would call me back within a week. Again, I never received a call from her. I called her back several times before being able to speak to her. Her only response was "Oh I'm sorry, I should have called. My cooks can't make this for you". She lost my reception business and also my rehearsal dinner businees that I had intended to invest into their restaurant. Thanks to Sarge for coming through on the catering for over 200 people and Meckenzies for coming through on the rehearsal dinner for close to 60 people.

• 4 of 5 stars Food