“A nice surprise” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Huntsville

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Huntsville to your Saves list
Motel 6 Huntsville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   122 Interstate 45, I-45 at U.S. 190, Exit #116, Huntsville, TX 77340   |
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Huntsville
Oklahoma City
“A nice surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. I slept great! I haven't stayed in a Motel 6 in a very long time. I had been on the road for 12 hours and did not want to get into my destination so late but I also did not want to spend a lot of money. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and comfort of this room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hillsboro, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was just a convenient stop-over for us going home from FL. The room was neat and clean but the bathroom countertop/sink certainly needed replacing. Minor repairs were also in order for our room and it didn't look like the maintenance was on top of the repairs. When we checked in, there were 2 women and a child in the lobby talking with the clerk. They were discussing personal issues so assumed they were friends, not customers. They may have been some of the cleaning help but the clerk's attention wasn't on checking us in, but on them. Bad business practice on the part of this clerk.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you had to. It's close to the state prisons so gue...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
beaumont, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The first room I got had no heat or phone. The next room I received had no hot water. The guy seemed to not like the idea of complaints. I do not recommend staying here. Though the ladies working the desk were pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Galveston Island, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We went to check in at 12pm. The desk clerk said no rooms were ready..We came back at about 45 minutes later and the clerk went on property to talk to the maid and came back and said a room was availabe. I went into our room and saw hair, roaches,spiders, and ants on the comfortable and sheets. I saw the maid at another room and asked her to come and clean the room, "again". She said the desk clerk told her to fix a room for us and that meant not changing the sheets, just make up the bed. There was no smoke alarm,roaches and a dirty napkin was in the microwave.I was appalled!!! The Manager was called to the room and we showed him the bugs and the sheets and microwave. We told him about the concerns about the room. He said in a nonchalant way, well you get what you pay for, there's no cheaper hotel in Huntsville.We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: There are more hotels in Huntsville, Texas to stay at. please DO NOT stay at this one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Friendswood, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed here with my son during a weekend trip Deer Hunting. Since we were already dirty and going to be dirty the next day I was not looking for a fancy place to stay. The rooms are small, very small. The bathrooms have stand up showers in them unless you specifically requested a handicap room which I guess would have a tub. The soaps are the paper covered bars and they do not have shampoo and conditioner in the room. The TV is the old school tube type.

Now to the important parts:

The bed: The use the older linen and something that concerned me is they do not use a mattress pad/cover. The only thing between you and the mattress is the cover sheet only.

Internet: A bit of a surprise was that when I arrived in my room and went to sign on to the internet- I was faced with having to pay more money at the front desk to have such service. I believe it was either 2.99 or 3.99 for internet service. This is something I felt should be free- especially in 2011 when internet is just about everywhere anyway.

Room Tip: Ask for Handicap- you may end up with a big larger space.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed in a 2nd floor queen smoking room. I was somewhat concerned before our arrival due to the negative reviews. However, based on our stay, I wonder if these came from people who want 5-star luxury from a 1-star budget motel. For this category of motel, the Huntsville Motel 6 was an excellent value. Our room appeared to have been recently painted. Everything was clean. I expect that a smoking room will have a strong odor, but this one did not even smell faintly of smoke. The towels and bedding were clean and the bedspread even smelled new. I expected a "seedy" location, but the neighborhood seemed plenty safe and the parking lot was well lit. Check-in at 1:30 am was quick and the desk clerk was friendly. Did not notice any noise from other guests, nor street noise. All in all, we had a restful night on a comfortable mattress with fresh bedding. If I HAD to nit-pick, there were only a few things we did not consider big deals that others may take issue with: 1) the water saving device on the sink faucet caused low flow - but still fine for brushing teeth and washing face; 2) the shower is a one-piece corner enclosure unit. It was in great shape, but not very spacious. I have experienced other showers much smaller, and my 6'3", 240 lb boyfriend didn't find it to be problematic; 3) the water pressure in the shower was adequate but it did lighten up sometimes as other guests apparently turned on their showers - but still more than adequate; 4) we stayed only one night, but those staying for extended times may not like the fact that there are no dresser drawers, but only shelves to either side of the kneehole on the desk; 5) soap is provided but you're on your own for shampoo and hair dryer. We experienced no bugs, no bites, no real issues at all. For $29.99, this was a great value and outclassed many budget motels at which I've stayed for twice the price. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Great Britain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Hard to find if you come in from anything other than an interstate and the only way we found was through the back of the hotel next door after being told in the local supermarket that we needed to find the feeder road it is on that has the same name as the I-45.
Impressed by the low price and the fact that it was close to Mc Donalds and Shlotzkys but had to take a smoking room rather than climb the stairs to a non smoker which was a bad move as it smelt badly of cigarettes.
Spent a couple of hours in the evening trying to kill a couple of flies but when my wife woke in the morning she was covered in bites that two weeks later still havent comletely cleared.
It was reported to the desk manager that we suspected bed bugs who in turn told someone who had just arrived and I presumed to be one of the maids who in turn apologised and said she would get the exterminators in to fumigate the room as if it was comletely normal.
Not good for a well known chain

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Huntsville? Share your experiences!