“Perfect for our large party” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 97 restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Mexican
Huntsville, Texas
“Perfect for our large party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Eleven of us gathered here for a birthday celebration on a very busy Friday night. I stopped by the restaurant a few days before to reserve the table location I wanted. We had access to the table early to decorate it, and even moved things around somewhat to accommodate the birthday cake and presents. No problem at all to bring in our extras and the cake--they provided additional plates when the cake was served. We had the table for the entire evening--from about 5:30 p.m. until 9:30. We were never rushed at all, and our drinks and food were brought out timely by our friendly waitress. Everyone enjoyed the margaritas (we ordered pitchers) as well as various brands of beer. The food, beverages, and service were very good that evening, even though the restaurant was extremely busy. I had the combination beef and chicken fajitas, which was served with just enough rice, refried beans, and guacamole.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Huntsville, Texas, United States
“Best Mexican Food in Huntsville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our favorite restaurant in Huntsville. Great Chicken Fajitas! Good service and friendly management. Interesting Decor as well.

Visited December 2012
Larue, Texas
“Nice Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident in a strip mall. Well worth hunting for! The place was very nice with a welcoming atmosphere. The food was excellent!! Their salsa was so good I almost ordered some to go and the carne guisada is some of the best I've ever had. Will definetly be stopping by in the next time we are in Huntsville.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derby, Connecticut
“A must visit if you crave good Mexican Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

After a long day of driving from TN, by the time I arrived to Huntsville, I was extremely hungry. It was getting late...and so I knew I had to find something. I knew since I was in the land of amazing Mexican Food and BBQ, I knew my dinner had to be one of these. My husband and I drove past this place and decided to turn around and try it. There were plenty of cars so we knew we found a good place.

Service was a little slow for someone to take our order...but once the food was ordered...the service was fast. Food was amazing compared to the stuff that is suppose to be "Mexican" food up in the north such as Ohio and Connecticut. Oh boy...I am here in town for the next four days...and I could honestly see my husband and I going there everyday for dinner. haha

• Visited January 2013
Texas
1,302 helpful votes 1,302 helpful votes
“Good Mexican Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Since I first reviewed this Mexican restaurant for TripAdvisor, I have returned a couple of times when visiting Huntsville. In addition to its regular menu, which is comprehensive, Los Pericos has a nice lunch menu with selections that will satisfy most people. The service is friendly and efficient, and the food is delicious. I had the beef fajitas on the lunch menu and it was a fairly large serving. This is Mexican restaurant provides good food in a pleasant atmosphere. I will return to Los Pericos.

Note: Huntsville has yet to enter the 20th Century, as many of the city's restaurants have smoking and non-smoking sections. Los Pericos is one of those restaurants.

• Visited December 2012