“Greatful to Stay Anywhere!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18031 Mckay Drive, Humble, TX 77338   |
Ranked #24 of 29 hotels in Humble
San Francisco, California
“Greatful to Stay Anywhere!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed the night here after bad weather caused me to overnight in Houston. There were so many stranded people at Bush Int'l Airport, I was happy to get a room anywhere!
I was exhausted and slept like a log, so the bed and pillows must have been good. The room was clean.

However, there was not much attention to detail, for example:
no shampoo etc, no coffee/creamer (but did have a coffee pot), no tissues. The overhead light just inside the door was not working. I left at 0600 before breakfast was available, there was no coffee or anything to drink in the lobby.

I rated the noise a this hotel as being loud because when rooms around me or above me used the water in the bathroom I could hear it quite loudly. Noisy plumbing! There was no traffic noise or other guest noise.

Getting from the airport to the hotel was irksome; I waited almost 40 minutes to be picked up by the hotel shuttle (which was provided by a parking-lot facility). After we made a number of stops at the parking facility and other hotels we finally made it to our hotel, over an hour since I stood outside the airport. In the morning the shuttle was late and made pickups at other hotels; I'm glad I left early with plenty of time for my flight.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Booked this hotel through Travelliance MyConneeX (who were wonderful BTW) as distressed passengers after a cancelled flight left us stranded in Houston on the way to Belize with 11 Study Abroad students. Hotel itself was o.k. and the wait staff were adequate. It was just the way the hotel was run. Rooms had the bare minimum of coffee set-ups, two towels for four people, all lights unplugged (a ruse seemingly used by many parsimonious Asian-run establishments who I guess are hoping one does not bother to plug them all in and thus use less electricity), one soap for both sink and shower, little packets rather than bottles of shampoo, the list goes on. It took 10 min for someone to fetch two more bath towels! This was very irritating because the laundry room with clean towels could be seen directly behind the front desk. The "continental breakfast" was by far the worst I have ever experienced with stale doughnuts, tasteless croissants, only apples for fruit, and a waffle maker without batter until requested; yet another item that was "forgotten, very sorry". The only thing going for this place is that it was very cheap for the location ($49.95) and since my students and I were only there for about 8 hours it did not really matter to us. But, it might matter to you.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Happy with room and bathroom. Reasonably priced hotel close to everthing - airport , shopping, doctors, highway. 59. Stayed in room 103 and floor clean, tub clean, towels good. Air conditioning worked well and not too noisy. Good value

• Stayed May 2014
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were stuck in Houston for one night after missing our connecting flight. Broken chairs, mattresses so soft. My wife could not sleep in it. No bath towels in the room, no clenex in the room. Room # 103. Never again this motel. We have myself a motel in Eureka Springs and we know what we're talking about.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ABVI_IAH, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Mr Silvio H,

We have had our rooms checked per your review. The chairs in the room are not broken. The mattresses are actually Pillow top, and we have had many guest compliment them. There are specific amount of towels placed in the room. At the time of your stay we did provide you with extra towels at the desk. A box of Kleenex is placed in each and every room.
Hopefully we can provide you with satifactory services next time on your stay with us.

Sincerely, Management
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We returned to this hotel as we had a good experience in the past. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was quiet and comfortable. The location was convenient. We recommended the hotel to other family members who were visiting as well. All were very satisfied for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I find it hard to believe that when I needed to shower at noon, clean towels were not available. I never stayed anywhere where the coffee pack did not contain creamer. The breakfast was the weakest I have ever experienced and the creamer there was just clumpy powder. The towels were very thin and only 2 of them. There was no blanket for the bed and I had to use the bed spread that who knows how many people sat on or did whatever. I will never stay at one of these hotels again.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The following is the list of problems we noticed while staying at this hotel:

(The 1st 2 issues are amenities listed as
avail. Online and verified as available by staff before our visit)
-No DVD player (we had brought movies for the boys to watch - they were disappointed)
-No business center
- because of their not being a business center we couldn't purchase tickets online for our excursion as we'd planned. We ended up having to spend $5 more per ticket. (The solutions offered were to either email confirmation of purchase - which contained personal info. including credit card number - to the girl at the front desk and have her print it, or bring my sons school computer down to connect to the hotel computer - risking a virus - in order to print. ***Personal opinion - not a good idea - but that is not the worst of it, I was told it was my fault for not making adequate plans for my trip)
-They put us in a room different from the one we reserved and then wanted to charge us $10 per night more than we were quoted for the room we reserved
- as reward members we should get an automatic room upgrade anyway
- The curtains hang 1 inch away from window, so, as cold air comes in and heater blows all it does is fill the room with the cold air from outside
- The deadbolt does not work
- The bathroom door knob was broken
- The light over the mirror in the bathroom does not come on
- There is a hole in wall by front door
- when we returned to our room after being out for the day our room key had been deactivated (the person at the desk said they thought we had left, even though we had 2 nights reserved, had not checked out, and all of our stuff was still in the room)
- there were 3 leaking water stains in the ceiling
- the sheets were severely stained
- there was an unsealed crack in the marble for the tub
- A hair covered bar of soap was left when they cleaned our room, and a dirty wash cloth was left balled up in the corner of the tub. I am unsure if the room was even cleaned thoroughly
- 4 people checked into the room; there were only two towels and one wash cloth
- there was only one bar of soap when we checked in. We had to either choose to wash our hands or take a shower
- We arrived for breakfast at about 8:30 (breakfast time was from 6 to 9) and nothing had been prepared or set out yet (both mornings)
- My son and I were stuck in the elevator for 5 minutes we push the button and the light came on; after 5 minutes the light went out and the elevator had not moved
- the first evening of our stay we went to use the stairwell and there were people hanging out in there smoking and drinking (this was true for both stair wells)
- The sprinkler head was hanging low out of the ceiling
- The carpet was not thoroughly vacuumed. I stepped on a pin that was left in the carpet
- The toilet seat was broken
- Our son opened the door to the parking lot (which is where we were directed to park) to allow for my husband and other son to bring in my wheelchair and our luggage. He had to hold the door because it locked when shut and could only be open from the inside (the electronic key mechanism that should let guests with room keys in had been ripped out and the wires were left hanging there). Before the wheelchair could be maneuvered across the sidewalk, one of the hotel employees began yelling at my son for opening the door. There was no sign present saying that this was an emergency exit only, there also was no warning against opening the door.
-My husband had to go and buy two blankets because we could not get the room the right temperature because of the window/heater issue and there were no blankets in the room. There were only comforters that you would not want to keep warm under. They were only heavy, decorative, filthy bed spreads.
- When checking out, my credit card was charged after I paid cash. They said they would refund it but there is still a charge pending 2 days later
- when speaking with the hotel staff about being in the wrong room, the desk attendant turned and spoke to someone in a foreign language. My husband dismissed this at first thinking the other person could not speak English.
However, during the course of our stay everyone who worked there was able to speak with us in clear English. Then when we were checking out my husband was trying to take care of the excess (erroneous) charges when the person at the counter again turned and spoke to 2 other individuals in the same foreign language as before.
Knowing that everyone there could speak perfect English this was very insulting and rude.

Long review short, this is the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. It even ranks below those $25 a night roach motels you may have stayed in when in a pinch. I rated them a 1 out of 5 only because I could not rate them a zero.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Bush Int'l Airport? Share your experiences!