“Laid back and pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Baltimore, Maryland
“Laid back and pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Very nostalgic... Takes one back to slower paced times, when everything and everyone weren't in such a hurry. The food was really good, the service was okay...Warm rolls and cornbread to start you off and a variety of dishes to eat. Try the stewed apples as a side dish (red hot cinnamon candied apples)... very different.

Visited July 2014

Baytown, Texas, United States
“Big country breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Very friendly staff, good food and great atmosphere. You don't feel rushed like some places...you can actually sit back and enjoy your coffee!

• Visited June 2014
Kingwood Texas
“great experience in the old home town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I can heartily recommend the Humble City Cafe. It is not fancy but the food is really great, the employees know what it means to provide true customer serice and the interior furnishings make you feel like you are in a reak small town dining adventure. Usually the owner is there and will provide you with a neat song upon request.

• Visited June 2014
Kingwood, TX
“Always a Pleasure and Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This time we were in a group of 17 on a history tour. This slowed service a bit at the start, but the staff quickly recovered and personal attention did not lack. The cornbread and rolls are always a treat. Good food and atmosphere that takes you back to a time when people didn't think of fast food places because they can't compare to the quality and value of this type of establishment. Never been disappointed; always glad we went there. A very special treat you may encounter at times is to be seranaded by a person with a very special relationship to the restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Southern Hospitality Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

During a brief period living in Humble, I ate here a few times based on recommendations by some locals and I was very happy to find a good old fashioned comfort food joint, being surrounded by so many chain restaurants. I believe it's only open for breakfast and lunch, but that was good enough for me. I usually had the breakfast there and was always satisfied with the quality of food and delivery of service. This place was usually packed when I visited, but I was always seated quickly and treated kindly by the staff. On one occasion, I came after they had stopped serving breakfast, so I decided to try their lunch menu. While I was looking over the menu, my waitress (I think her name was Ann Marie) asked if I liked corn bread. I said yes, so she brought me out a complimentary pan of fresh baked corn bread while I waited for my meal. Very friendly service! Having tried many restaurants during my brief residence in Humble, this place was probably my favorite. Highly recommended for a great "home cooked" breakfast or lunch.

• Visited April 2014