“My favorite place and people in Humble” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 242 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: American
Humble, Texas
“My favorite place and people in Humble”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Service impeccable. Food fresh and just like Mother's cooking. The best sweet tea in town. Love the atmosphere. The daily specials are always exceptional.

• Visited March 2014

Kingwood, TX
“Home Cooking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have been coming here for years. Great menu for comfort food - vege's, meats, desserts always consistent in taste. Love their hamburger's. Great ice tea too! Come around the holiday season -Thanksgiving through Christmas, as it is always decorated. Come any time!!

• Visited December 2013
The Woodlands, Texas
“Re-visitation Let Down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have visited this restaurant several times over the last nine years and have never been treated as horribly as I was yesterday, Sunday, February 16, 2014. I called and made reservations on Saturday for my family. All information was taken and I was told my space would be ready when we arrived (at 12:30 PM). When we arrived, however, we were rudely dismissed by the manager as she told me "well it's gonna be a wait cuz we're packed". When I asked how long she stated, as she walked away to seat yet another group of 4, "I have no way of knowing...depends on how fast the food is cooked and we get it out". When I mentioned that we had made a reservation, I was informed that they don't take reservations and it's first come first served. Questions: Why didn't they say that on Saturday when I called? Why take my information (name, phone, number of guests, arrival time) if you had no intention of honoring the reservation? Why did you continue to seat parties of four or more rather than prepare for the twenty who had already checked in and were waiting? Was it necessary to be so dismissive and completely ignore my party as you treated all other guests with respect?

Biggest question: Why didn't you seat us upstairs in the banquet room since you failed to adequately prepare for our party?

Until yesterday, I had nothing but good things to say about this establishment and wanted to show the rest of my family how awesome it was (atmosphere, food, friendliness of staff); but now I believe otherwise. It is not okay to treat anyone the way we were treated...by management no less. The only thing that helped me to enjoy the evening (at another restaurant - Happy Family Chinese Buffet) was the gentleman who approached me when I left and apologized for the experience. His female counterpart could learn some things from him on hospitality. I'll think twelve times before ever going back to Humble City Cafe.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Consistently Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For several years the Humble City Café was a regular stop for us during visits to Humble. Their home cooked food was consistently good and service was excellent. But we had not been back to the restaurant for a few years until recently when we were passing through and decided to stop for dinner. It was like we had never stopped coming... The service was still excellent and the home cooking comfort food was just as good as we remembered.

Visited December 2013
Dime Box, Texas
“Good old fashioned place, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

An old fashioned country style cafe with a great decor. The food is comfort food - delicious. Employees are very friendly and welcoming. Prices vary depending on the order but I would guess $10-15 per person for a meal and dessert.

My favorite place in Humble.

• Visited November 2013