“"Delicieux"” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Nous is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 242 Restaurants in Humble
Cuisines: American, French, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Staitti
Canandaigua
“"Delicieux"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We started with the escargot which was sizzling hot and seasoned to perfection...no looks our way when we dunked the warm baguette into the savory sauce either. This place is a foodie's paradise...not stuffy at all if you're comfortable with just plain old quality... in service, presentation, food,and ambience. I must say that it was the first time I was escorted to the Ladie's Room and had the door opened for me at that! We were quite versatile with our choices of entrees so choosing a wine was a challenge which was confidently handled by our Maitre D. While my potatoes were lukewarm, my salmon was cooked to perfection with a crust just crisp enough to keep the body of the fish moist.
I love it when a restaurant magically sizes the portions so that there's just enough room for dessert! Try the Mango Panna Cotta.....the textures play hide and seek with your palate. I must admit that I was a bit surprised to have had to request a lemon peel for my Espresso but then.....it "Is" a French restaurant, no? But if that's the case then why did they do such a good job on the Panna Cotta??? Hey guys, a 5 star just doesn't forget the lemon peel.....and with a curl please?

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Humble, Texas
“Stuffy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This restaurant is a converted home and has a very upscale atmosphere. I had a hard time relaxing. The service was outstanding, but I found the food very rich and couldn't eat much without feeling a little stomach upset. That made the price I paid for my dinner less palatable as well.

Raven's Review

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Something Unexpected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

You really do not expect a cozy, French restaurant in an older residential section of a small town like Humble. This restaurant has been there for years and is an excellent choice for a special occasion. The service is outstanding and the atmosphere is intimate and refined. I have been there many times, the last being my birthday. The drinks, service and food were excellent. The only complaint I had was that the onion soup tasted a little burned as though they had scorched the onions when sauteing them. This was disappointing as the soup is usually delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We spent about 3 hours at chez nous with another couple, and had a wonderful time. It wasn't just dinner, it was an evening out! From the martinis to the wine, to the French onion soup & chateaubriand, everything was flawless. The souffles were the perfect ending to the meal. The waitstaff was what you'd expect in a five-star restaurant, but without the stuffy attitudes. They were all friendly & knowledgeable. We had appetizers, entrees, souffles & plenty to drink, and still spent less than we would have at other places. With tip, we came in right under $200 for two. Will definitely revisit!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spring, Texas
“Anniversary DELIGHT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

i get SO EXCITED around my wedding anniversary date 07/25...not only for FIRST: my loving wife (whew!!!)...but also for my latest visit to Chez Nous & Chef Stacy's FAB-U-LOUS tasting food; my favs & the ONLY items i get now is the Escargot Appetizer (meat MELTS in the mouth & excess garlic/butter GREAT for bread dipping!!!) and the Duckling/Shepard's Pie combo (this is NO ORDINARY Shepard Pie, a true culinary treat worthy of it's own standing!!!). My wife always tries new Entrees, but will now only settle for the Avacado/Lump Crab Meat Appetizer.

What else can i say...if you don't try eating here, you have truly missed a life experience!!!

• Visited July 2013