“Sorry I ever walked in the door.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #130 of 242 Restaurants in Humble
Kingwood, Texas
“Sorry I ever walked in the door.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I usually like eating at Golden Corral, but this restaurant changed my mind. The service was good but the food was so, so. But the biggest issue was the fact that my family was "profiled" by management when we walked into the door. At the time we paid, my wife got her wallet out and happened to pull an empty sandwich bag out of her purse, when she paid. That was the mistake made by us, unknowingly. About the middle of the meal, the manager came over with a to-go-box and and told us if we wanted to take food home, it was $4.79 a pound. We questioned him as to what he meant? It ended up as basically being a case where the manager got word of the "sandwich" bag and profiled us as food shoplifters. This made us all very angry. In confronting the punk manager about it, he said we had a whole box of sandwich bags and came into to basically steal food. I cannot believe this has happened. I am saddened and hope those that read this will not eat there. There are many other better and nicer managed places.
Shame on you Golden Corral!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“In a hurry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Short on time and needed food fast. Place is clean and the rolls are hot. Pretty standard fair for a Golden Corral.

Kingwood, Texas
“Nasty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We live nearby and haven't ate here in years but decided to give it a shot as everyone was so indecisive on what they wanted to eat for dinner. O-M-G! This place is filthy, the food wasn't good, it was way overpriced!! $11 bucks/ person! Plus they never had enough food in the warming dishes. It was annoying to have to wait for dumb stuff like mashed potatoes. We will never go back here!

• Visited June 2013