“Noise from Hwy 59 -Like your sleeping on an overpass!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites - Humble

You added Comfort Suites - Humble to your Saves list
Comfort Suites - Humble
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22223 Highway 59 North (Eastex Freeway), Humble, TX 77339-2845   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Humble
Oregon
“Noise from Hwy 59 -Like your sleeping on an overpass!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed in Room 322. The highway traffic noise was so awful I did not sleep at all during the night. When booking with George, in October; I asked for a room on an upper floor in a quiet area. After going up to the room I called the front desk and requested another room; none were available. We should have checked out. That is what we did the next morning instead of our planned two night stay. If you stay at this property ask for an odd numbered room. The bedding smelled of cigarette smoke even though the room was non-smoking. They have small safe deposit boxes for rent in their office. I wish motels would install safes in the rooms for guest use. I appreciated the attitude and personality of the person who checked us in and assisted us with the safe deposit box. Not her fault our request for a quiet room location was ignored. The general manager, Visha Gandhi, was not available for assistance during our stay.

Room Tip: Request an odd numbered room away from Hwy 59.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Visha_8, Manager at Comfort Suites - Humble, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. My sincere apologies for not replying to you sooner and for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay...Please know if there was a room that my front desk could have switched you into it would have been done right away....We are a 100%smoke free hotel and had your room deep cleaned after hearing your comments about the cigarette smell. My housekeeping staff and I also thoroughly inspected all rooms for cigarette or smoke smell. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The room size surprised me positively, having a sofa corner - the lighting disturbed us by its lack of warmth, though.
What really made our short stay (two nights) a positive experience was the friendliness of the employees. At the counter we met, was it Ashley? (long dark, curly hair), she was lovely - and at breakfast I had a really nice chat with Nicole running the kitchen. I was disturbed to learn (upon asking, that) she works seven days a week, being a solo mum - she did well, though, made sure my first go at baking a waffle went well (I'm from Europe, not used to baking waffles in the morning, ha, ha).
Also I was allowed to play the grand piano in the foyer which made it easy to meet other guests before leaving in the morning.
Thank you to some friendly employees who added warmth to an otherwise rather sterile hotel experience.

Room Tip: Restaurant - my husband, who often stays at hotels, in Europe and America, told me the breakfast was...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Visha_8, Manager at Comfort Suites - Humble, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing Comfort Suites Humble. We know you have a choice in hotels and appreciate your business. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We hope the friendliness of our staff brings and your guest room quality bring you back to the hotel whenever you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Great place to Stay ..Was Down here in Humble tX..for business..I stay here because a co-worker told me about this location..the hotel smell fresh and clean..felt very welcome from the front the staff as soon as I walked in I was greeted by the front desk staff..I felt like i was at my home...housekeeping does a great job keeping the place spotless...also as I was leaving the head housekeeper was trying to catch my attention because I was driving off..when I stopped to see what she needed she handed me my charger and told me I had left in the room...that tells you how honest the staff is...I could always replace my charger but honsty is very valuable to me..I will definetly make comfort suites humble tx my home away from home...because they make me feel like family...

• Stayed July 2012
Visha_8, Manager at Comfort Suites - Humble, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks for taking the time and reviewing Comfort Suites! We greatly appreciate you and your time! My housekeeping staff has been with the hotel for many years and they are continuously being trained on different items around the hotel and it shows! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be coming back. I will make sure and pass along your comments compliments to the entire staff! Thanks again!
East Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Suites last weekend (11/2/12) with our cross country team / coaches / parents.

First of all, the booking process was a pleasure. I called several hotels in the area to get prices and availability. Visha assured me that the Comfort Suites was the place for us and offered us a very competitive rate also. We originally booked 16 suites. But with groups, things change, and with each change in the reservation, Visha was very courteous and accommodating. We finally settled at 13 rooms, with changes being made as late as the afternoon on the day of arrival. She took everything in stride and took care of us!

As for the property, it is easy to find, easy to get in/out, beautifully landscaped and CLEAN. You could actually smell "clean" when you walked in the front door! Our room was well maintained, clean and comfy. The king bed had a pile of pillows to choose from. We didn't try the sofa sleeper. The TV was nice (large flat screen). The little kitchen area was nice and well equipped. If there is a downside (and it is a small one) to this property, it is the proximity to hwy 59. The traffic noise is noticeable, but after a while, I must have gotten used to it.

The complimentary b'fast rivaled the best I've had. Biscuits, gravy, eggs, sausage, grits, waffles, cereals, pastries...the usual offering at 'better' comp. breakfasts. They did a great job of keeping everything stocked. All was fresh, hot and tasty. A great way to start the day.

We make this trip to Humble every fall for the regional cross country meet and the Comfort Suites will be the first call I make from now on. Well done!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you, thank you, thanky you for writing such a nice and well-informed review of Comfort Suites Humble. Your cross-country group was a pleasure to have stay with us. We understand that rooms vary especially when dealing with large groups so that was no problem at all. Thanks for choosing Comfort Suites for your stay and see you again later this year!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for business and stayed 2 nights. The room was very noisy from the traffic on the hwy. also the bed seemed to sag in the middle which was uncomfortable. The room was nice and clean. If you plan to stay here request a room that is not facing the street.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review of Comfort Suites Humble. We take all of our guest reviews very seriously. I apologize for your room being noisy due to the traffic noise. We usually reserve rooms for guests based on their preferences. I also want to apologize for the uncomfortable bed. All of our beds have pillow-top mattresses and an extra mattress topper. Since your review, we have checked and replaced your room's mattress and a few others. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you choose Comfort Suites Humble when you are back in the area again! Thank you and take care.
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

you're just looking for a place to stay either before or after a flight to/from IAH then this place works well. It is a bit dated, stains on the carpets being an example, but it is a very clean place. The staff is friendly and helpful and work hard to see that you have a good stay. Couple that with a usually unbeatable price and for a short transitional stay, recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review of Comfort Suites Humble. Although our property is 10 years old, we have undergone a complete renovation with new carpet, bedding, paint on walls, LG flat screen televisions, bathrooms and furniture. We pride ourselves in our cleanlines, customer service and exceptional staff. Thank you for recognizing this; we appreciate you and hope to see you soon!
Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

It was a good experience from check in to check out. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We felt safe while there. The breakfast was excellent. The breakfast person on duty worked hard to keep everything clean and well stocked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. We appreciate you and your comment. Hope to see you again soon!

Been to Comfort Suites - Humble? Share your experiences!