“Super 8 Houston” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Humble
Pittsburgh
“Super 8 Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The front desk man, I believe his name was Chris was above and beyond helpful. He went out of his way to make our stay affordable and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Jonesboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my first time using the hotel. The bed was comfortable but needs more than 3 pillows. The room was clean and neat. It was close to the airport and other restaurants. I will use this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I arrived at the airport and I called the hotel to have their shuttle picking me up. I was expecting a van or something bearing the name of the hotel but nothing like that showed up. So I called back the hotel to see if I misunderstood the pick-up location and I was finally told that they do not have a branded shuttle but they use the shuttles of a company called Rocket Parks. Notice that the shuttle doesn't even have a Super 8 sign on the front window so, since I was never told that when I first called, I couldn't imagine that it was the right shuttle to go to the Super 8 .
Those kind of busses are made to run at low speed around airports, they are not suitable to go on the highway. The suitcases are stored in the cabin, right in front were passengers seats. In case of a crash passengers will get all those suitcases right in their face. The ride is rather uncomfortable and bouncy because, again those busses are not made to go at high speed. Anyway, the shuttle leaves the hotel every 30 minutes. It needs to be booked in advance and you have to be in the lobby 20 minutes before the departure. The shuttle stops to pick up people at other hotels so what could be a direct 15 minutes ride could take longer. Plan accordingly.
Now about the hotel. I booked one night. Upon arrival the gentleman who checked me in was rather cold, and dismissive. I requested a non-smoking room but as soon as I got out of the elevator I could smell cigarette smoke in the aisle. In the room the smell was more like mildew and I realized it was coming out of the air conditioner. The room was rather hot so I couldn't keep it turned off. The room itself seemed freshly painted and the bathroom was also newly remodeled and reasonably clean.The carpet was old and dirty tough. I did not feel comfortable to take my shoes off. The two chairs in the room were also very dirty with some large stains in the cushion fabric. The was no place to set the suitcase and I just had to leave it on the floor. The furniture were old and scratched. The bed was large ( king ), the comforter was...yuk, the sheets were a tad yellowish but seemed clean. All three pillows were smelling bad. I was so grossed out. I slept without a pillow but I couldn't sleep much. So, at 4 am I got up, took a shower and ended my misery checking out a few hours in advance. The breakfast offered was quite modest. Yogurt, apples, bread and jelly, maybe some pastry, and juice from a machine is all I can remember seeing. I didn't touch anything. Please do not be fooled by the photos of the lobby which is basic but nice. The rooms, at least mine was nothing more than a Motel 6.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have not bee to the property yet, I booked this in error...never book when you are in a hurry. I was going to stay at the newer Days Inn. After 24 hours I still do not have a confirmation so when I called the 800 number they transferred me to 'Jackie' she was just flat rude and unless this hotel has improved from previous reviews I am sure I will not give them a good or even a poor review. They are at terrible and I have my concerns that they will not go up from there. I will shred my Points membership card and just stay at Hiltons. maybe even Hampton Inns again and all three experiences with them were bad. Good Luck Super 8 Intercontinental Houston . . . . .

Room Tip: I will let you know after the trip