“This is your "SUPER" place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Intercontinental Houston
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7010 Will Clayton Parkway, Humble, TX 77338   |
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Humble
Ontario, California
“This is your "SUPER" place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stay here for 5 nights with full of satisfaction; starting from last minutes direct call reservation taken by DANNY was handle professionally along with highly customer service experience and business nature minded in possession. Arrived very late after long driving was friendly welcomed by a nice weekday grave yard shift young lady who held the room as booked; clean, non smoking and great room amenities. During my stay .... I have to rated 5 stars for operational, the manager and all front desks representatives for their hard work with friendly professional service. House keeping is a plus in preparing fresh room daily. Room rates can't compare to their great service > this is the most valuable "SUPER" place of stay ... safe parking, easy excess to airport/freeway, friendly service and clean in overall entire facility. I already reserved for my next stay prior to check out:) .. Keep the good work team !!!!

Room Tip: "Three floors with elevator" - "Has strong shower pressure" -"Cold room A/C...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vidor, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We bid through Priceline. A fellow traveler staying at the same time called me before arrival and warned me that they put us in a smoking room with king bed. When they objected, they were told that they would have to pay $10 more per night. They have small children with allergies. So not paying the extra was not an option. When I arrived, I was told the same thing. They said there is no guarantee of rooms when you book through Priceline. Of course, if we would pay the additional $10, then a non-smoking room could be found. I pressed the desk clerk, and he finally admitted that his manager makes him to do this to all Priceline and Travelocity customers. He was actually a pretty nice fellow just doing what he was told. So my daughter and I stayed in a smoking room. Upon arrival in the room, I raised the toilet lid and found dried pee stains and a pubic hair on the rim of the toilet. I am attaching a photo for your viewing pleasure. Also found cigarette butts under the cushions of the small couch in the room. The room itself was large, and the bed was comfortable. It just smelled like we had been to hell and back after sleeping there. The breakfast was paltry, and the coffee was quite bad. Plan on eating someplace else. Over all, I do not recommend this hotel, and I am reporting their practices to Priceline who may or may not care.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Norwich, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Super location, nice room (though a few minor things were in need of repair), great breakfast . . . but watch out for the shuttle! Though we only used it twice, we had problems both times. While most of the surrounding hotels appear to have their own, this property uses a private company. The morning shuttle runs every hour on the half hour, which can be inconvenient if you have a very early flight.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days. Front desk was very helpful. Gas station near by was a big plus and really close to the airport. I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had a wonderful experience with this Super 8. We checked in about 9 pm that night and our room was very clean. We arranged for the airport shuttle to be there at 6:30 am, but I told my husband there were reviews that were kind of up in the air about whether or not they would actually be there so I was ready to bring him if need be. They actually arrived at 6:20 am so we had a positive experience with the shuttle service. When we were outside the hotel, the airplane noise was obvious but we never heard it inside. There were a few dings here and there in the room, but it was very clean overall and spotless. Loved that we had a fridge, flat screen tv, and microwave even though we never needed it. The mattress was very firm. Not in a cheap way, but in a very comfortable way if that is what you prefer. I like squishy pillowtop mattresses myself, but my husband swears that was the best nights sleep he has had in awhile as he prefers this style of mattress because of a lower back issue he has. The breakfast was minimal but it was good ... toast, cereal, apples, pastries, muffins, and juices. I was slightly surprised when I went to get a cup of coffee and it prompted for the correct change. I didn't have my purse with me since I didn't anticipate paying for it. It was no big deal, though, just skipped it and got some juice. For $64 after tax I really couldn't have asked for anything more and I would highly recommend it to anyone just looking for a friendly, clean place to stay before catching a flight.

Room Tip: Nice firm mattress if that is what you prefer. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Clean room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Overall property was ok. Shuttle worked ok for us traveling in and out of IAH. Room given was not ready for us - shower dirty, bed un-made, door held open with dirty towel... Room changed. We were exhausted... Went right to bed. Woke up the next morning to find blood splatter on the wall by the bathroom. Good news - no bed bugs!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevator - noise is crazy!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Picked this Super 8 because of its proximity to IAH and the desire to get to bed as soon as possible after a flight arrival very early in the morning.

Well, on that criteria, this Super 8 was a clear fail. I called repeatedly -- for an hour -- for the supposed 24 shuttle hour shuttle before giving up and taking a cab. It's not that bad a facility (for its price) -- I've seen worse -- but the convenience was my main reason for picking this motel and it didn't end up being that convenient. Stay away if you can.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Intercontinental Houston? Share your experiences!