“Not an option for me” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East

You added Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Humble
Austin, Texas
“Not an option for me”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

it is easy for an airport hotel.
was not comfortable there.

the rooms were not impressive, even though they had a microwave, and small fridge. The paint was peeling in my room, and it was clear that the older motif was just painted over... you can actually see the old ceiling boarder wall paper, under the coat of paint.

not the best in being clean...

I would rather drive through houston traffic vs stay at that location again...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
James B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your stay with us back in March. I am sorry to hear the hotel did not meet your standards for a comfortable stay. Since your stay, the hotel has gone through changes that include a change in the general manager as well as other renovations in the guest rooms. I hope that you would visit us again in the future and give us another chance to show you the improvements that have been made.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Thanks again for your business and we hope to have you as our guest again real soon!

James Breazeale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Findlay, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is the second time i have stayed here within a month. I obviously love it as there are many choices around the airport. The rooms are huge and very well maintained. The front desk staff is always willing to help. Cookies, popcorn and a cold bottle of water await you when you arrive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
James B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us. I feel my staff has worked hard to keep the guests happy, so I am glad to hear their hard work is paying off. We hope to have you as our guest again soon. If there is anything we can do to assist you in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 1 night at this hotel which has the most beautiful decor of any HIX I have ever seen around the world. Lovely lobby area, nice paintings- not the typical HIX art work, spotless carpets and walls in the hallway and room. This hotel is either new or newly renovated with mega dollars spent. Breakfast area was beautiful as well and clean, breakfast options typical for HIX.

Some of the reviewers have the wrong hotel: there are only 3 floors, there is no row of restaurants nearby, there is no restaurant in the hotel.

The woman at the desk in the evening was super helpful and friendly, the hotel van driver likewise.

Only negatives I saw were a sofa with a broken leg in my room and a neglected fitness room (equipment needed repair).

I wish other hotels in this price range were this beautiful! If you have to stay a night at the IAH airport, this is the place. I was disgruntled upon arrival due to airline issues, this place cheered me up.

• Stayed May 2013
James B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for posting a review of the hotel. I apologize for the sofa issue you experienced in your suite...I will inform maintenance of the issue. The hotel is undergoing a gradual renovation on some things and I hope the hard work is paying off.

I appreciate your business and I look forward to having you as my guest again soon!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

For some intangible reason, hotels located around airports always have the depressing vibe of "we know you don't want to stay HERE, but you are just because you're on your way somewhere else". This place does its best to make you feel that you might actually want to be staying here, which is a welcome change.

Another thing, I have no idea what the difference is between a "Holiday Inn" and a "Holiday Inn Express". There is a full-fledged Holiday Inn on JFK (about same distance from the airport), and the only difference I can notice is that they have more breakfast options (at a cost) while this place has the typical HIexpress buffet setup of drowsy/hungover guests fumbling the communal offerings of scrambled eggs, sausage and cinnamon buns.

Room quality is great. My standard king-bed room felt more like a suite which had a detached living area from the bedroom (with TV 's in each).

As far as location goes, I prefer this over the non-express Holiday Inn, as it is close to a strip of all the restaurants and big box stores you'll ever need.

• Stayed May 2013
Pat,
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The hotel has gone through some staff changes recently, including management, and I think the service is taking a turn for the better. As a smaller hotel, I like to think that we are able to provide a more personal touch to our service and treat each of our guests as if they are a guest at our home...at least that is my goal. I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of the hotel and I look forward to having you as my guest again real soon. Thank you!
New Berlin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We missed a flight and stayed here for 1 night compliments of United Airlines. The room was good not great. A little aged but clean. Our check-in was quick and staff was very courteous. We ate dinner and breakfast in their restaurant, which was very convenient and good. I would recommend for short stay. Free Airport shuttle was a definite plus and it runs every 30 minutes during peak times.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Room quality is the main issue here. It's never a good start when you discover dirty sheets (thankfully, there were two beds), and countless little things in the room that made you feel like the place was worn down. There were small holes in the wallpaper (redecorating gone incomplete?), a refrigerator that looked as if a baseball bat was taken to it, the shower rod was coming out of the wall at both ends, and a nominally working toilet (worse in two other rooms reported by others). Also, the hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport and the small shuttle bus couldn't keep up with demand (get on the early one). The saving grace was the staff who truly seemed to care about the guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear wacomick,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am disappointed to read that we failed to exceed or at least meet your expectations during your stay. I apologize for the shortcomings you have encountered in your room and I deeply regret that you didn't find some items in your room to your liking.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your comments will be used to reconsider improvements. We hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Front desk staff very very friendly and proffesional, treated every one equally, nothing like the service I received at the other Holiday Inn, I will definately be back to this location!!! Clean rooms, good breakfast, everything was GREAT!!!!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East

Address: 7014 Will Clayton Parkway, Humble, TX 77338
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Humble
#3 Romantic Hotel in Humble
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport. We offer the luxuries of a full service hotel at the convenience of an Express. All of our rooms are 2 room suites with living room and bedroom that feature a Microwave and Refrigerator, High speed Wireless Internet, and our Smart Start Hot Breakfast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East Hotel Humble
Holiday Inn Humble
Humble Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.