“cozy hotel w/ friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East

You added Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7014 Will Clayton Parkway, Humble, TX 77338   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Humble
Houston, Texas
“cozy hotel w/ friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

spacious and clean rooms. since i was their with my kids they were able to have fun in the living room, watching their shows, while i relaxed in the bed room. the breakfast was plentiful with lots of varieties. they also had warm fresh cookies and popcorn. Staff was friendly and informative.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed at this establishment dispite, them and the experience was memorable....it had living room and bedroom separate...its was clean...the beds were heavenly....the breakfast fabulous....the staff were very friendly and helpful....i thoroughly recommend it...

Room Tip: its an airport property...the hotel only offers airport suttle but the management makes many excepti...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Pinoso, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

I booked this for one night as we were flying into IAH late and being picked up by friends the next afternoon. How bad could it be for one night?? Quite bad! Although the receptionist on the evening and morning shift were helpful and friendly, we were given late check out which helped and free soft drinks and cookies but this did not make up for the lack of sleep after a 18 journey. All I wanted was to check in, have a soak in a bath and go to bed. We checked in, went to our room which smelt musty and noticed that the toilet cistern was running constantly, we tried to pull the flush again as this can sometimes stop the water running but this did not work (the handle was hanging loose). I went to reception and told the lady about the problem, she said that she could not move us as they were fully booked that night and that she would have to wait for the driver to return to see if they could fix it. She asked if it would bother us if it wasn't fixed! I said it would as I was a light sleeper. I had asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper when booking the room but this was obviously ignored as I booked the room using my points. When I went back to the room my husband had just finished repairing the toilet so I went back to report this, I was then offered free soft drinks and snacks, I took some water but refused snacks as we just wanted to sleep.
I did have a bath before going to bed, however the room was one with accessible facilities, one of which was a bath seat which was attached to the wall and overhanging the bath, so having a comfortable soak with a bench above my head did not really work; additionally when I filled the bath, fluff appeared on the surface of the water, presumably from the overflow, not sure, but not pleasant.
The bed was comfortable, I think because there was a mattress topper. Apart from that there was little chance of a decent nights sleep. Our room was on the ground floor, I could hear people upstairs walking on the creaking floor and slamming doors (it did not appear to be possible to close the bedroom doors without slamming them, we could not easily close ours). We could not put the air conditioner on in our room because it was so noisy, that obviously did not stop other people from putting theirs on as I could hear units running all night. The windows do not open so it is not possible to let any air into the rooms. Traffic noise went on for most of the night from the busy road outside the hotel, I think it quietened down for around 2 hours and then started up again. Our room overlooked the car park so we also got noise from late arrivals and early departures.
Apart from this, as stated by other reviewers this place needs a full revamp, decor is really tired(just as I was when I left this hotel), the furniture and fixings all need replacing/updating. The rooms are all suites with kitchens which is probably a waste for the majority of clients as I would imagine they are mostly overnight stays pre or post flight so would have no need of this. Fridge though was great to have, to store cold drinks in.
Breakfast was OK we managed to find something to eat from amongst the American food. Tasty but cold omelettes, they looked awful, preformed possibly frozen, don't know, but flavour good. Bread available for toasting but other food either really sweet or not standard European breakfast fare so didn't attempt it. Coffee good for hotel coffee and juice out of machine good as well.
Guest laundry rooms are handy (well for us as we had late check out probab;y not if you have to check out by 11).
Glad we didn't pre book for our return journey next month, I will look for another hotel close to the airport.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Worst experience both in service and room. Maybe the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Teenage girl at desk when I checked in..she was busy gabbing to her friend on the phone and lied to me that she was helping another guest. She was too lazy to try and learn my name so the 18 yo kep calling me honey. The room was nasty; lumpy bed, unclean carpet, tiny bathroom etc. I checked out early to catch a flight. Desk was unattended. I rang bell and woman came out from office...she was all creased from sleeping! Meanwhile front door unlocked :(. She couldnt find my name to check me out..turns out little miss gabby from the nit before had never bothered to check me in. I told her that she should give me night for free...she had the nerve to tell me that I would be charged for a no show.!

Problem with this place that it is owned by a person or group of persons and they contract with a management company to run it. The people working there have no supervision or accountability. Avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Moved to this hotel for our last night in the Humble area in order to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. After our wonderful "digs" the night before we were in shock. This hotel needs to be torn down and rebuilt. SHAME ON HOLIDAY INN for allowing such a run down property! Had to ring for a person to come to the front desk for check-in. The elevator was NOT working at 2:30pm, but "a guy named "Tiny" was coming on duty at 3p and he could probably fix it", we were told. Lobby appearance? Lamps did not match, furniture was old & tired. We left to visit relatives and returned around 7:30pm. When we were there earlier we were told by Catherine that, "Sure, I can pick you up at your car rental place; I do it for customers." Well, another person (India) was on duty and he refused to do that; said they had a new person and to take the shuttle to the terminal and go E or C because it would be easier for the new driver. (We were flying out of A) FINALLY, the driver showed up after a couple of calls back to the hotel. My left leg won't lift as high as it once did since I turned 62 and I very nearly did not make it into the van, it was so high. My husband asked them if the interior of the van was for children because it was so TINY and uncomfortable (Dodge). When we returned to our room almost an HOUR LATER from when we left the hotel, I took a better look at our room. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. This is NOT a Non-Smoking Property and there was a Smoker's Room across from us and the hallway reeked of CIGARETTE SMOKE! The room was in such shabby condition I was glad we were staying FREE with our Priority Club Points and NOT paying for it! Plaster had peeled off the wall in chunks, furniture needed to be burned, towels were almost threadbare; I could even see THROUGH the bath mat in one place! When we went to bed I thought I must be laying on top of an old, thin blanket full of "pills". I got up and turned the light on and looked and it was the SHEET!!! It was so OLD and full of "pills" everywhere that I felt like bugs were on me all night. I WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS DILAPIDATED PROPERTY! Oh, we were NOT recognized as Priority Club Members when we checked in! This cheap hotel does NOT offer cookies in the afternoon and there is no little "gift package" for P.C. Members! DUMP-O. DO NOT STAY ON WILL CLAYTON PARKWAY! GO TO JFK BLVD to nice hotels!!!! YUK

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Alright place to stay while traveling. They got the airport business so they don't make much of an effort. Hotel needs some work and new linens, the ones I slept on were showing signs of age.

• Stayed October 2011
Yateley, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

This hotel exceeded expectations and has recently been refurbished and the outcomes were great. The pool is relaxing and breakfast was great. The room was very nice stayed in a 2 queen bed non smoking room was very nice after a 10 hour flight from London.

Room Tip: try to be a away from the road apparently its noisy
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East

Address: 7014 Will Clayton Parkway, Humble, TX 77338
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Humble
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Humble
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East 2.5*
Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport. We offer the luxuries of a full service hotel at the convenience of an Express. All of our rooms are 2 room suites with living room and bedroom that feature a Microwave and Refrigerator, High speed Wireless Internet, and our Smart Start Hot Breakfast. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East Hotel Humble
Holiday Inn Humble
Humble Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport East, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.