“I love Hamptons but this one is lacking!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
HHonors Weekend 2X Points
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Humble
Peru, IL
“I love Hamptons but this one is lacking!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I must first say I never got to stay here!!! I was on a scouting trip setting up hotels for a Motor Coach Tour group that was going to be visiting in April of 2013 and after several phone calls from Illinois I was in the area and decided to make an onsite visit. The property was lovely...the young lady behind the desk was nice but didn't know what a motor coach tour was but a man that drove their shuttle was there and very helpful explaining to her what I was interested in. I love the location and I do a lot of business with Hamptons so really wanted to get my group in here to stay. But after several more calls and even had the sales lady name...and I left many voice messages...I never received a call back, which is so not like the Hamptons. As an honor member I will still stay at a Hampton in other locations but this one did not seem to care about their clients and if they don't care enough to call back then I don't want to stay with them. I guess reserving 15 rooms is not important to them..this was for a 3 night stay also. So I am staying in the area but at another hotel that was very thrilled to have a group of friendly seniors on a tour of Texas!!!!! I did give the hotel marks for being a lovely property...but as Mom used to say...Beauty is only skin deep!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel and got bit by some type of bug. I reported this bite to the night clerk as I was checking out in the morning and I even showed him the swelling and bite.
He said he would forward this to his General Mgr. Denise Chastaine. Well I waited over a week before I reached out to her because she never called me. Well I had to provide a detail of the incident to her i submitted it and again had to reach out to her 2 weeks later because as she stated"I didn't forget about you" then she said she would refund the Dr's visit and antibiotic prescription for a total of $105.00 out of their cash drawer.
Well I waited another couple of weeks and noothing then I recalled her and now she wanted a Notarized statement letter. I sent that to her and then she requested receipt of the Dr's visit thats where I just gave up on her and the Hampton Brand.
I am a Diamond member and on average pay $2,000 a month to the Hilton brand in room rental charges.
This has left a bad taste in my mouth and I will advise not to stay at this Hampton Inn as they clearly don't take care of there Diamond Members let alone a typical guest.
A month has gone by and not contact from the GM as of yet (very unprofessional)!

Room Tip: I really cant rate the Restr or room service as I didn't use these services.Stay out of the Cons...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

So I have recently stayed at this hotel and although one thinks Hampton Inn it's a great hotel there were some issues!! Yes they are in a very busy street area so if you would like a quiet room do ask for one not to close to the entry way. I was having some issues with the internet not being able to log in and the young lady at the front was very helpful! I believe her name was Elena. I hope I spelled it correctly! She was very courteous and was more than eager to make sure that I did not have any other problems while I stayed there! The breakfast the next morning was ok and the lady managing the breakfast area was also ver nice and helpful, Marie I believe was her name! The stay was ok due to the helful staff! Some improvements could be done building wise!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

This hotel has been nicely remodeled recently. Rate was good and service was friendly. I will, in the future, however, request a room away from the front (freeway side). It was noisy, but not too bad.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
West Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

While they do a great job with a nice complimentary breakfast spread every day or pick a bagged breakfast on the go, there are some other things that bothered me enough that I won't stay here again.

The fan/air conditioning in the room is ridiculously noisy.

The wireless internet was intermittent.

The phone in my room did not allow me to dial my 800 number long distance calling card.

I did ask for help with the internet and the phone but I knew it was a longshot.

The staff were very nice and helpful as much as they could be.

As a business traveller I would not go out of my way to stay here again based on the frustrations I experienced.

Room Tip: There is a Starbucks right next door in the Target.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Unless you get a great rate or don't mind not having a complete gym or pool, you might want to pass on this site. The staff is more than friendly, but the hotel seems a bit run down. The beds are still up to Hampton standards and the breakfast is ok.

Be very careful pulling into this hotel. It is a raceway in front not to mention noisy if you are in a room near the front road.

Room Tip: Father from the frontage road
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Georgetown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

They are currently renovating the lobby, but I didn’t find it to be an issue.
The rooms were in good condition and they have a shuttle that will take you to the local dining establishments.
I’ll stay here my next trip!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Houston/Humble-Airport Area? Share your experiences!