“Our trip to pick up mom” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Intercontinental Airport / Humble

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Intercontinental Airport / Humble to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Intercontinental Airport / Humble
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18032 McKay Dr, Humble, TX 77338   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Humble
CENTER
“Our trip to pick up mom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The hotel staff was very acomaidating I would like to make a special reference to the shuttle driver he saw our difficultys and even thou his shift was over at 12 he stay to make sure my wife and daughter were safe while waiting for her mother thanks very much it's nice to see Americans still take pride in there job cudos

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

As a former Kingwood resident returning to visit friends, I chose the Baymont because of its location and price.

My 3 night stay started off well. I arrived on a Wed night, checked in with no issue, found my 1st floor room clean and in good shape and after a decent night's sleep enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning. However, things started to go awry upon my return on Thursday night as it appeared that a large group of young Indian-Americans (and I'm only identifying ethnicity here in the event that management reads this so they know exactly which group I am talking about) had checked in for some sort of event. They were not completely out of hand yet but it was late, they had been drinking and there was a ton of traffic in and out of the building and rooms which led to a lot of noise.

Despite the ruckus, I was able to fall asleep about 1am only to be woken up at 7am by my neighbor dry heaving so loudly that it sounded like she was in my bathroom. What a wonderful way to wake up. After getting myself together I went out to the parking lot to leave when I noticed the parking spot next to me vacant and a nice large scrape down the rear driver door and quarterpanel of my rental car where I'm guessing the car that had been parked next to me had scraped it. I had an appointment to keep so I left and then reported it to the hotel upon my return later that afternoon. I asked the front desk clerk if they had security cameras in the parking lot and if so, could someone review the video from the previous night. She confirmed that they did but was not sure if the camera would be able to pick up any details. I said I understood and asked if they could check anyways just in case.

About 4 hours later, I left to go out for dinner and stopped at the front desk again. This time a different clerk was there and when I asked her about the video she had no idea what I was talking about. Upon looking over some notes she did find a note from the previous clerk. She then told me that the manager was on-site but not available at the moment. I told her that was fine but if he could look over the video when he got a chance and call my cell phone with the results, I would appreciate it. I then went out for dinner and drinks and did not return until 3am. Not phone call had been received in that time and even better, there was no one to be found in the reception area to follow up with.

To make things even more fun, the Indian guests had carried their party over to Friday and they were still going strong when I arrived back at the hotel at 3am. The noise was so loud near the elevators that I couldn't resist the urge to find its source. So I went up to the 2nd floor and without leaving the elevator lobby could hear a full blown party going on in one of the rooms. I sincerely hope that everyone on that floor (or above or below the room in question) was in that room because there's no way anybody up there was sleeping through that.

I had a few drinks in me as well so I decided to go back down to the lobby, drink some water and see if anyone from the hotel was around to inquire about the parking lot. I sat there till @3:30 with no sign of a hotel employee while party guests continues to stream in and out. Due to the aforementioned drinks and no sign of any party guests near my room, thankfully I was able to fall asleep.

Saturday morning was the end of my stay and I was so peeved about the hotel's lack of response to my video request that I just walked out and did not inquire about it again. I think the kicker to this whole affair was being wished to "have a good day" by the same clerk who had been there the evening before.....

So to wrap this up, I would love to give this hotel a higher rating because it's a fairly new and clean hotel; it was in a convenient location and the rate was good but I just can't do it based on my experience with the other guests and the lack of any staff/management who care about service aside from housekeeping. And I get it, at the end of the day, the hotel needs guests to make money but if management continues to rely on work crews and large parties of 20 somethings who could care less about their fellow guests to fill their rooms, it will be a complete $hithole in no time.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am giving this review an average because it probably is about average for this chain but I would not stay again.

We found an OK rate for a quick overnight near the airport, about $65 with taxes. We had to call 3 x to get a shuttle to pick us up. We should have just taken a taxi but we were told it would just be a few more minutes everytime.

Check in was fine but took a bit of time because there was a full van of people checking in all at once. When we arrived to the room it was really musty so we turned on the a/c. The a/c smelled musty too. I should have known better and tried to get a different room but we just wanted to sleep for a few hours before we had to leave to go back to the airport. The rest of the room was clean and I could tell they had redone the rooms not to long ago but everything used was very cheap and cheaply done. I tried to find some bottled water to take my meds, but all the vending machines on every floor were out. In the morning we both woke up very congested. I am very alergic to mold and mildew and the a/c did a number on me. My friend had a very bad headache from the a/c junk that came out of it. They just needed to clean the a/c. The breakfast is average. We decided to eat at the Waffle House instead of the free breakfast. I needed the fresh air.

So even with out the a/c issue, I think the discounted rate we got was still too much to pay for this type place. It is the first time I stayed at a Baymont and will most likely be my last.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lugano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

When traveling through the continents, staying at a hotel close to an airport is crucial. But the stay always starts at the pick up time. Due to the Sandy Hurricane, so I had no time to find a hotel prior to my departure. So, as I landed at the George W. Bush International Airport, I called the Baymont Inn and suites Hotel in Humble, Tx, less than three miles from the airport. In all started with the driver who was there few minutes later with his shuttle. He had a great way to welcome you and help you feel at your ease after such a long trip. At the Hotel the receptionist continued in the same kindness shown by the driver. It was not too late, around 8pm but I was exausted and happy to reach my bed room. I must tell the truth that in past time I had some bad experiences with Baymont hotels. But this time. Words cannot tell how blessed I was. The room was very clean, cosy and elegant. It had all the ingredients to make it like if you were home: nice shower area, nice toilet, nice twin beds, nice furniture, nice tv set... a fridge in the room and so on... A good thing also: free internet, and for those of you who travel a lot like me with many electrical accessories, I was pleased to find many electric stations to plug in your material - sometimes hotels only have one or two plugs, but here they had more than 8!!! Thank you Baymont Hotel!

Although I had not chance to look at it, I did see that the hotel offered also fitness facilities till 10pm... which is nice for those who want to exercise after a long day of work.

Of course, no hotel is perfect. Only God is. And we should not expect from anyone else. Yet, it is good to strive for it. It looked to me that this hotel does everything to accommodate their guest. I say "guest" because I never had the impression that I was received as a customer. Yet, even if I did not have time to take breakfast because I had to leave at 4am, I had the impression that the breakfast is poorly furnished: the usual things that you find in any regular breakfast, that is not a lot: jam, thee and soluble coffee, some fruits, cereals, cream for pancakes, ecc.. I think the Hotel could improve on this.

Overall, I was very pleased. The hotel offers wake up calls, free internet, and a small and valid business center.

Early in the morning, I checked out leaving behind me a place - that by the was not too expensive - where I will be returning the next time I find myself stuck at the George W. Bush International Airport in Houston, Tx.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Intercontinental Airport / Humble? Share your experiences!