“Clean and Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Humble
Texas
“Clean and Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

There are no negatives for this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable and had a mini fridge. The decor of both the room and the hotel were generic. The positives are value and location. Nearby are a wide variety of restaurants and retail stores but not close enough to walk. The quality of the complimentary breakfast was above average. Other positives were reservation handling - I arrived at midnight and had no issue with having a room, and I had a package delivered two days before my arrival and it was held and ready upon my arrival. I will stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Humble, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear TexasNolefan,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Humble. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I'm very pleased that our location was convenient for you and you felt we were a good value. We hope that you will choose us again the next time you find yourself in Humble.

Billy B.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The difference between the Spring Hill Suites I stayed in the night before for 150 and this for 130 is shocking. Its like two different planets. No automatic doors to facilitate getting luggage in, lobby is tiny and dark, parking sucks, and rooms are not that great. This is the loudest hotel I've ever been in. Doors slamming, you can hear every move the people above you make, and cars racing up and down the highway. As a gold member, hell, a customer,I expected to be greeted politely at check in. I handed my credit card to the two ladies at the desk and was unceremoniously handed a key. Nothing else, no breakfast times, no elevator direction, That's it, they didn't even speak to me because they were to busy yapping at each other. If a restful nights sleep at a reasonable price is what you are after, spend the extra 20 and find a Spring Hill or Holiday Inn Express. I understand Marriott having different classes of hotels, but this is not a 20 dollar difference, this should be about a 100 dollar a night difference. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: As far away from freeway as possible
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Humble, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Buck S,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Humble. Your input is very helpful in our efforts to improve our overall operation and ultimately, the experience of each of our guests. I apologize we did not provide you with the experience you expected while staying with us. I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and I will be addressing your comments with my front desk staff. I hope that you might offer us another visit in the near future to show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Billy B.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed here for business in May 2013 with some colleagues. The location is good, but you have to pay attention on how to get here from the freeway; because if you miss the turn, you have a long drive back down the access road to turn around to try again. The check in was quick and friendly. The lobby décor is a bit dated but it's still clean. There is one computer tucked into the corner of the lobby area as the business center. You may have a wait to print a boarding pass if there is someone surfing.

The room I had was comfortable, with two double beds and the standard desk, chair, TV combo. The bathroom seemed a bit tight; but I also had a ton of toiletries with me since I drove into town rather than flying. The towels were nice and soft. They must have been new. The beds were good for getting a night's sleep and the AC worked well to remove most of the humidity from the air. The staff seemed pleasant when I interacted with them. The breakfast in the morning was typical cereals, breads and fruit. There was a few hot items too that changed daily. The breakfast area was kept running by a very friendly woman who spent the entire time in action, cleaning, filling food items, straightening.

The area around the hotel has some restaurants and drugstores. The highway probably could be a little noisy but I was on the opposite side away from the road so I actually was a little surprised at how quiet it was for saying there is an interstate and busy access road right there. I ordinarily don't stay in Humble when I go to the Houston area for business, but I would not be opposed to staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far back from the freeway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HumbleFairfield_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn Humble, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks. It is refreshing to hear such a straightforward description of our hotel as yours. Our main goal is to succeed in impressing our guests with great customer service and high quality accommodations. It is gratifying to hear that our efforts are noticed and appreciated. Thank you.
Humble, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

You do hear the noise from the nearby freeway but its not overly noisy.

Comfy enough beds, you need to request a fridge though. Bathroom pretty standard. Choice f channels on the tv is poor.

Breakfast is average, you do have a choice of hot or cold, either bacon and scrambled eggs or some kind of sausage and scrambled eggs. I normally had toast and cereal, so i guess its not all bad.

There is a pool, never seen anyone in it, didn't see changing rooms either which means walking about dripping wet.

You are right next to Deerbrook Mall and across the freeway from some good restaurants though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HumbleFairfield_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn Humble, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to share your thoughts on your stay with us. We at Marriott understand that you have many choices for your travel needs and are sincerely appreciative that you chose our hotel. Please know that your feedback is incredibly important in our ongoing efforts to exceed guest’s expectations. On behalf of all our staff at the Fairfield Inn Houston Humble we hope that we can serve you again should you find yourself in the area. Sincerely, Billy Bishop General Manager
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

When I first walked into the lobby I was a bit worried by dated décor, etc. but once I saw the room I didn't have any worries. It was pleasant and nice. Comfy bed. Good breakfast. Nice employees at front desk and they were helpful. Great location...everything (and I mean) everything at your fingertips...mall, restaurants, shopping, target, fast food, gas, etc.

The three star is for water pipes (constant pounding sound when on), thin walls (didn't know when someone knocking on my door or my neighbors), and curtains (no black out...sun comes blaring in, and air conditioner (loud and hot/cold and doesn't come on when it should it must have a "sleep" zone or something.

I would however stay here again IF I had to get up early. If I was trying to sleep in NO WAY.

Room Tip: I was in room 324 and the sun comes blaring in your windows even with curtains shut.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HumbleFairfield_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn Humble, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I am glad to hear that you liked our hotel! We really appreciate the compliments, especially those about our great staff and service. We have addressed the pipe noise and window covering issues with our maintenance staff. Also, we recently updated to new air conditioners that have a 'constant on' fan option. Let me know next time you plan to be in the area so we can make sure you have a comfortable stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The room did not smell musty like some hotel rooms. We arrived very late and the staff was very nice. The towels were soft and there was plenty of hot water. We will chose Fairfield Inn again!

• Stayed May 2013
HumbleFairfield_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn Humble, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Great! Glad to hear you like our hotel. Thank you for letting us know. We'll see you next time, hopefully soon!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed overnight with family. Room was clean and comfy. We used the indoor pool and spa, which was nice. The pool is heavily chlorinated, the levels could be adjusted some. Also a little on the cool side, but in summer, I can bet that would be nice. The downside of this hotel is there is no workout area. I could also not find an ice machine, they probably have one, but I did not see one and it was not marked in their customer book in the room.
It is located just north of 1960, near the mall and close to restaurants.
I would consider staying there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HumbleFairfield_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn Humble, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We appreciate your taking time to give us your feedback so we can follow up. Our ice machine is ground level at the elevator landing. Also, we have just completed replacing all our beds with new upgraded ones, so our Guests can enjoy an even more comfortable night's rest. Thanks for staying and come again, soon!

Been to Fairfield Inn Humble? Share your experiences!