“Like Home Only better” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 455 Hotels in Houston
omaha nebraska
“Like Home Only better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

The lobby is magnificent. The rooms are great. The club floor lounge is open many more hours than most. The breakfast and evening snacks were more than adequate and the best part was the staff. They new our name.They inquired about our visit and then remembered and checked the swim meet results when we came back in the evening. We enjoyed southern hospitality at it's finest.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
san antonio, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

I should have listened to co-workers more familiar with the area. It's formally called Greenspoint but the locals call it Gunspoint. While there on 1/25-27/10, my vehicle was broken into and ransacked and items stolen 20 yards from the front door in the well lighted parking lot. I found out from the security guard that one of the entrances is gated off to make the drive thru crimes that were occurring harder on the criminals. I also learned the Kroger about 2 blocks away had a robbery in the parking lot recently and a bank nearby was robbed. Do not stay at this property unless you will be arriving in a cab and will not be venturing outdoors. The rooms are showing wear but the bedding, workout facility and friendly staff deserve kudos. The maid service, turn down service is the best and most predictible and front desk and concierge are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
jpaduano, Director of Sales & Marketing at Hilton Houston North, responded to this review, February 1, 2010
I certainly do apologize to this guest for the inconvenience of having their car broken into. This is something we have worked very hard on. In all of 2009 we had 6 car break-ins and this was our first in the past 6 months. This is a very good number for any public parking lot of any type of venue in any large city. One thing we have found, thieves do not break into cars unless they are certain there is something worth stealing. We encourage all of our guests to lock valuables in their trunk or take them with them. As far as the negative nick-name for the area, that was true 15 – 18 years ago. It is now no more dangerous than any other area of the city. Like any in big city, crime happens and we encourage our guests to be mindful of that fact.
Bremerton, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

We picked Houston Hilton North for it's convenient location near Bush International Airbort (IAH) with free(/tips only) Hilton Shuttle Service to & from the airport every hour. Houston Hilton North has a large lobby with chairs for relaxing near several convention/conference type rooms. I booked Hilton North on line using United Air Mileage, no problems, check-in & out was very easy. Hilton had a complimentary bowl of fruit (apples, bananas & pears) for customers at the front desk. "King Size Bed", Room #419 was comfortable. Entry to the room had a couch & chair for watching a flat screen TV, seperated by a bathroom & the bedroom with another TV. Swimming Pool is for outdoor summer use - didn't check it out - too cold (DEC 2009) Nice pasta lunch in the Hilton lobby restaurant for $10/each (included soup & salad). Internet (wi-fi or cable is $10.77 if used from the room. Complimentary 1 hour wi-fi internet was available in the lobby for customers with their own laptop. Overall we were impressed. Shuttle driver was very friendly & helpful, in addition to front desk staff. Shopping Mall across the street (walking distance) is a bit aged, but it's a place to shop around (Sears, etc,) & get a bite to eat.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

This hotel was adjacent to the training that I was attending. The amenities were great and the food was very excellent.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton in North Houston or Greenspoint I think it was called. My husband was there on a business trip and I went along as we have relatives in Houston.

I was very impressed with the hotel and the staff but what made me write this note was that I had misplaced a bracelet and didn’t have much hope in getting it back. It wasn’t expensive but was one of my favorite so I thought I’d try to go to the desk and let them know about it in case anyone turned it in. I was surprised to get a called in my room about an hour later telling me that they had found my bracelet. The lobby attendant had found it over by the Starbucks and turned it in.

The lobby in the hotel is quite nice. We had good California wine and a good meal in the wine bar – Vino I think it was called. The servers in there were top notch. The room was very large and the beds were comfortable.

This was a nice hotel and we would stay there again.

Kristin Silverberg

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

The rooms was very clean and very nice. Easy access to highway 45 and a local mall and several resturants around and shuttle service to and from the airport.
I wolud recomend to to all who are traveling to Houston area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Great place to stay before going on a trip with easy access to the airport. Prices on stay and park options can be very good for longer trips. Big rooms and nice hotel in the middle of the Greenspoint area. Staff does an outstanding job.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Houston North? Share your experiences!