“The lobby is very spacious and classy” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #51 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Mustang, Oklahoma, United States
“The lobby is very spacious and classy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Once you enter your room...... Another story. No refrigerator, no microwave. No safe. We asked for a safe and were told they were in rooms on the 9th floor and up. Anything below the 9th floor = No safe . We were charged $10.00 a day, per computer to use the internet. They do not offer a FREE breakfast. We paid $17.00 a plate for breakfast. We stayed here for 1 week. Sadly disapointed! They do offer security...lol... During our stay we watched an elderly gentlemen patrol the parking lot in his golf cart. You can also find him taking naps during his shift.
The staff is very nice, professional and tried to accomodate us by bringing a small refrigerator to our hotel room. The cleaning staff was wonderful!
Our next trip to Houston we will NOT be staying at this hotel!

Room Tip: If you have no choice than to stay here. Make sure and have a room away from the elevator and ice ma...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
jpaduano, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston North, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out your comments on our hotel. You did a good job pointing out what we did well and what we can improve on. I do want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations in terms of in-room amenities like a safe, refridgerators and microwave ovens along with free breakfast. We recently added safes to half of our rooms and are planning to add more in the future. Unlike the smaller select service hotels, most full service hotels do not have microvaves in their rooms. Refridgerators are available on request and I was glad our staff offered to bring one to your room. Many select service hotels offer a range of continental breakfasts, some even with a hot item. Because full service hotels offer a full breakfast buffet, we charge for that product. Our hotel does offer a weekday and a weekend package that includes the full buffet breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I reserved a room at this hotel for a one night stay to take a breather from my busy home life. What actually made me decide this hotel was the price and all of the positive reviews. I must say I was very pleased with my stay. The staff member that checked me in was extremely nice, professional and was able to accomodate all of the special requests I had. They allowed me an early check-in and a late check-out with no problem. My room was very nice for what I paid and the bed was extremely comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will definitely be back for another stay at this hotel:-)

Room Tip: If you want an awesome view request a room on a high floor. I was on the 14th floor and it was perfe...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stay here twice a year for dance. The staff is always very courteous!! The wonderful attendant in the Executive lounge keeps everything stocked and cleaned! I highly recommend this hotel! The location is really close to the airport but it is not in the safest part of town. We never leave the hotel. The parking lot is monitored by security guards on golf carts.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this property this week. The lobby is beautiful. The breakfast was ok. The room was outstanding for the price. The staff were helpful and nice. Everything about the hotel was excellent. The business park that the hotel is in is nice, but the mall across the street is in bad shape. Be careful because if you drive more than 5 minutes in any direction, you'll find yourself in some not so great parts of town. But, the hotel itself is really nice and my room was great.

Room Tip: King Bed Deluxe Executive Floor was excellent
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jpaduano, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston North, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so muc h for the wonderful review you submitted. We truely appreciate your taking the time to tell us your thoughts on our hotel. Just to let you know, our area's Management District is working on getting the mall updated. They did just put in a really nice multiplex movie theater a little over a year ago.
Wasilla, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The furnishings and decor of this hotel are top-notch. The rooms are very comfortable, quiet, and functional, with a great office chair, desk, sofa, and comfortable bed. The Bathroom is nice and clean, great shower and bath amenities. The internet service is excellent, but expensive (though included on executive floor). Breakfast buffet in the lobby is also very good, but expensive - stay on the executive floor for included continental breakfast and snacks. There is a Starbucks open in the lobby open mornings. The restaurant/bar just seems like it isn't really trying - I only ate there once in 10 days.

The self service laundry for this large hotel consisted of only one pair of machines on the 3rd floor. This is really disappointing for a hotel of this caliber. I guess they expect you to have it laundered. Another disappointment was a lack of power outlets on the nightstands - I really dislike moving furniture to access an outlet on the wall to charge my phone.

The neighborhood the hotel is located in isn't that great, although the grounds are well kept and security is ever-present. The mall across the street is mostly defunct, and although there's fast food nearby I found myself driving more than 5 miles for decent restaurants. However it was very convenient for my work location with great access to the highways.

Room Tip: The Executive floor (16) is highly recommended. It was well worth the $15 a night for my rate. It in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a very good, big hotel conveniently located to IAH with very good service and great value room rates on weekends. Stayed here repeatedly, last month again, and it was always a good experience. This hotel provides pick up / drop off to / fro IAH.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It's a beautiful hotel but anywhere outside of the hotel is not the best part of town. Our rooms walls weren't thick enough we could here people arguing next door -- at 6:00am!! Wish I would have requested a room away from the elevator and ice machine -- both were loud all night long! Room was Clean and staff were friendly. :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Houston North? Share your experiences!