“Not as bad as the reviews - SPG member” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria

You added Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria to your Saves list
Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   5011 Westheimer Road at Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #137 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Columbus, Ohio
“Not as bad as the reviews - SPG member”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

Stayed for business feb 28 - mar 2nd. I checked reviews before I stayed and was nervous. I did see that the hotel was still under construction with one elevator out to be updated. I was on the spg floor and the rooms were large, clean, and had a nice balcony (floor 18, room 1824). My co worker did not have a newer room. Overall I would stay here again. Location was great, restaurants all around, and free parking under the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

I am cutrrently staying here and have 3 days left. My first room didn't have hot water so I was relocated. My second room still does not have hot water and the 13.99 movie I ordered quiet in the middle. I was told it would reset and start again, but it never did. The resteraunt they list as their own is a part of the Galliria. Don't go in your Comfie clothes! This hotel is Not worth the money.

• Stayed March 2010
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Dear Furrowtravler,

We sincerely regret you had a less than desirable experience in our hotel. At Westin, we aim to provide our guests with a lavish escape to an upscale and tranquil environment and we deeply regret on this occasion we completely failed to deliver on our promise. We apologize you were inconvenienced with having to move rooms twice due to the lack of hot water. I personally understand your frustrations with a situation of this type and I understand how frustrating and inconvenient something like this can be. I agree this is unacceptable and certainly not the type of issues someone should encounter especially in a hotel of our caliber. Our restaurant “Zucchinis” and “Schuckers” are restaurants of our hotel and not property of the Galleria Mall. Due to being located inside the Galleria Mall patrons of the mall do utilize our restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I would like to mention as part of our multi-million dollar transformation we will have a newly transformed restaurant called “White Oak Kitchen + Drinks” formerly known as Zucchinis. Our new upscale restaurant is due to open in mid April and we look forward in providing our guest with an inspiring new restaurant to dine-in. Again, we apologize your experience with us was less than perfect. If, you would like to give us an opportunity to make a better impression, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email at galle@westin.com. Kind regards,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Workout facility is in an awkward location.
No restaurant was available. Granted, being in the Mall offers many opportunities, however often business travelers are tired and may not want to leave for a meal.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

All the new renovations are spot on. And the staff is great. The front Desk Staff and front Desk manager Simon are in the Top 5 of hotel services in my book. And I stay at a lot of hotels. Keep up the Good Work. You'll feel like a friend at the Westin Oaks Hotel Houston.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Asheville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

This place is great! I have avoided malls for years but when looking at places to stay in Houston for three nights, this place made for a great experience. The Galleria mall in Houston has to be on of the best in Texas. I usually look for downtown properties so I can enjoy leaving the car and walking out for dinner, or shopping or a drink but downtown Houston just hasn't grownup that way. This location allowed me to walk out of my room, and down the elevator to a sports bar, star bucks or an entire food court with 40 different options. I easily handled Sacs with their end of season sale. My room had a balcony from which I could see the stadium, downtown Houston and even the ice skating rink through the glass roof below.The Westin Oaks Hotel and the Galleria Mall together combined for a convenient "New-Urban" experience, Houston style.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Great hotel, perfect location, fabulous beds and pillows!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
MerTexas, thank you for your delightful review of our hotel! We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us and we look forward to your return! Warm regards,
Palm Bay, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I too am sitting here in my room writing a review of this property. Everything on the prior reviews are accurate. Another non-mentioned issue is the parking. We drove around for over 1/2 hour and couldn't find a place. Need handicapped, well there are none. Normal parking would have been fine but none of those either. Had to park valet and pay for less than an hour stay. I love Westin properties, but oh my, what a disappointment. I could write all night but I won't

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dear Ducabr, we apologize your stay was less than perfect and we deeply regret you had major challenges in locating parking for our hotel. We completely understand your frustrations and we know how inconvenient and frustrating this must have been for you. We regret on this occasion your Westin experience was not up to standard with other Westin properties. We hope you allow us an opportunity to make up for this experience and I encourage you to contact me directly via email at galle@westin.com if you decided to return in the future. Warmest regards,

Been to Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria? Share your experiences!