“Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria

Save Saved
You added Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria to your Saves list
Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   5011 Westheimer Road at Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #135 of 454 Hotels in Houston
Reno, Nevada
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

It wasn't quite the level I had expected for a Westin, but over all nice.
It's missing snacks, TV channel guide, the bath was not the lux feel that I've come to expect from a Westin. One more thing some form of art or color in the halls would add a lot in my opinion.
It was clean, and the view was nice. The value was good.
We enjoyed our three night stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Kalyn W, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Kathiang,

Thank you for taking the time in providing us with your candor. We appreciate all guest feedback as it allows us the opportunity to improve. We are glad that over all your stay was satisfying and you enjoyed our relaxing and tranquil rooms. We do provide a menu for our refreshment centers so you can customize you snacks to your liking, which can be ordered through Service Express. We regret that this was not communicated to you. It is disappointing that your expectations were not met with our heavenly bath and apologized that this caused a disruption in your stay. We value your comment as well as your time spent with us. We hope to continue to host you in your future trips to the Houston Galleria area.
Be Great,
Kalyn Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
kilgore, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I reserved this hotel through Hotwire and I got a good deal. $109.00 for the night. My check in was painless and the room was great with a nice view and being attached to the Galleria was a perk. I do have 2 gripes though. 1st is internet access. For some reason the Westin's want to charge you for their internet and it's not that great either. $9.95 for 24 hrs at 512kb down. I thought I would be able to use my phone for internet but I am thinking they have cell jammers installed. I always have great reception in the big cities with AT&T but not in this hotel. 2nd is the parking. I figured you park in the parking lot that is in front of the building but not here. The parking lot out front is the "express parking", whatever that is. It is however a money making operation for the mall. They charged me $6 to get out and I was only in there for 15 minutes. For the free parking you have to park in the blue garage which is underneath the parking lot. Not a pleasant area. I felt like I needed to be sanitized walking out of there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was a huge disappointment for a Westin property. There were no telephone by the bed, no slippers, no snacks or drinks in the ref, no hotel directory in the room, and no turndown service. The soap was shaped so that it was very difficult to hold, and the bathroom was slippery. I guess Westin is cost-cutting!
The only really positive for this hotel is that it is located at the Galleria, thus it's very convenient for shopping.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Kalyn W, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear jledesma,

We greatly appreciate your response about your recent stay at the Westin Oaks. We aim in providing our guest with a comfortable and refreshing atmosphere and apologize that we did not accomplish this for you. We regret that the location of our phone, on the desk, was an inconvenience and we did not communicate well the location of the hotel directory that is placed below the desk on the shelf. You might be interested to know that we provide a menu for our refreshment centers so you can customize you snacks to your liking, which can be ordered through Service Express along with slippers. Once again, we sincerely apologize that you endured these inconveniences in your stay and value you your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure to host you again.

Be well
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Very much still enjoy this property! Very convenient for business plus has other amenities and connected to the Galleria. Spacious, nice rooms. Good service. Could perhaps add some more plugs in the room and also USB Porsche for smartphones and more products in bathrooms. Comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Kalyn W, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Herb G,
Thank you for the kind comments regarding your recent stay at Westin Oaks. We are glad that you experienced our personalized instinctive service and pleased that you enjoyed our Westin Heavenly beds that are crafted for relaxing and refreshing comfort. We appreciate your valuable feedback and spoke to the engineering department in regards to adding more plugs for better accommodation. We hope to have the privilege in hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Houston Galleria area.
Be well
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Good location for conference, the Roof on 21 floor was a versatile venue. Rooms are nice. Breakfast set up is a little strange in a restaurant accessed from the mall but nice menu (no buffet). The mall is great for shopping and even has it's own ice rink. Staff were friendly but many didn't speak English. Overall though a nice hotel. Try to avoid the road side rooms though, it's much quieter overlooking the pool or the mall side as the texans like their 5litre engine muscle cars which make quite a noise along the strip out front.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jennifer R, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Oakleyrd,

We greatly appreciate you for taking out the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed aspects of our property such as the meeting rooms and the great views they provide. We also are thrilled you found our menu nourishing, which includes an abundance of Superfoods that produce overall wellness. Thank you for complementing our diverse staff trained to service you with the highest quality you may to be interested to know that here at the Westin Oaks we speak over 27 different languages. We hope to be able to host you again sometime in the near future.

Be Well,
Abbeville, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have never a terrible rating before. I read some of the other negative comments and sad to say but I believe them.
First, let me say I stayed here about two months ago and had a negative experience but bc in the past I have had such good experiences I thought I should give it one more try. I did that two days ago. OH MY!! Where do I start?
First, let me say this time the bellman was exceptional. The people in valet were exceptional as ALWAYS! However, everywhere else was pathetic.
No one has ever, EVER conveyed to me how the wi-fi was charged. I learned about on my visit two months ago. They were kind and took it off. But this time, still no one. So when they play like they have explained it to people….I was never told about it or a fee, etc.
Service here is horrible. Let me say that I am a member of the Starwood Preferred Guests. I should have a bit better service than going to a Fairfield Inn, yet I can honestly say, the Fairfield Inns are WAY BETTER at service than this place. I told them that when I leave they should deactivate my membership as I no longer care to be a part of an organization that is managed so poorly. If I ran my business in such a manner, I would not have a business to tend to.
The street noise and hall noise was ridiculous. I realize the management really has no control in this but still it was so disappointing. I was there on a Wednesday night and the people hollering in the hall were annoying, especially after a day of travel to get there.
They tried to charge me TWICE for valet even though I was there for less than 24 hours!! WATCH YOUR BILL!!! Usually they just slip a paper under my door and it automatically gets charged to my card. I didn't get a bill so I went to the front desk to request it. When I pointed out to the lady that I was charged twice for valet in less than a 24 hour period she tells me they charged me for yesterday and then that day. I had to re-explain it to her once again and then she understood and was able to make the adjustment. I was thinking "WHAT kind of people are they hiring?"
Now for the INCIDENT that happened two months ago. I went to Houston for private shopping at NM. This hotel is located so close and it convenient. They needed me to be out of the room early. No worries. I was told to put my items with the bellman and at the end of my shopping day they would load them in my vehicle that was in valet. Well, not all items made it in my vehicle at the end of the day. Then they wanted me to pay for shipping. I told them I would have someone pick it up. I made all the arrangements and told the person I would call them the day before the pick up. I did. THey assured me they would have it ready and the person would just pass through the valet and it would be available. I called the next morning only to find out the employee was NOT at work that day and told NO ONE what was going on. THen I had to speak to someone and get them to arrange it so it would work out. Only, guess what, ONCE AGAIN the ball was dropped and the person I was inconveniencing due to Westin's screw up had to get down and go on a search for my clothes. Then a Westin employee had the audacity to tell me he was the one there when she had to get out of her vehicle and find my clothing but it "really didn't take all that long!" Like it was OK that I had made MANY phone calls to make sure ALL was in place and then NOTHING was in place due to their lack of professionalism and then they play it off like NOTHING this time that I was there. NO WAY!!
This time, I put that I had me and three children coming in with me. There were not enough towels. I didn't even bother to tell them anything. I just put it down as EXPERIENCE!! This place has changed and it is no longer the place to stay. I will go Double Tree or some other company after this. The galleria has too many amenities for me to think that I need to stay at this place to take advantage of those amenities. :(
Also, the room I stayed in was humid. The AC could not catch up even at night. The photo of the room I took would disgust people….something was on the floor by the door. Not even sure what it was but gross.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kalyn W, Guest Relations Coordinator at Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear 123forme,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay as well as previous stays at the Westin Oaks. We greatly appreciate your kind comments on the exceptional performance of our bellman and valet service. On the other hand we sincerely regret the inconveniences you endured and apologize for not providing you with the true Westin experience.

In regards to the internet service, we offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby or the choice of internet in your room for a fee depending on the duration you need the service and apologize this was not expressed to you. It is never our intention to cause a disruption in our guest stay and we are shamed having one caused in yours. It is very concerning and disappointing to hear that our staff did not provide you with personalized instinctive service with the billing error at time of check out or the retrieval of your left behind items.

We appreciate all guest feedback as it provides us with invaluable insight to the guest experience and hope you give us a chance to mend your impression of our hotel and staff during your next trip to the Houston Galleria area.
Be Well
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is a nasty And run down hotel. I got locked in a bathroom and had to have the door kicked In. Not to mention that we have virtually no hot water for any of the 2 days of our stay. I wouldn't stay here again for all the money in the world. gross. This hotel needs to be torn down and rebuilt. This hotel doesn't even deserve a 1 star rating.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear LukeS97,

Thank you for bringing this occurrence to our attention. We thrive to provide you with an overall satisfying service and it is disappointing to know that we did not fulfill this commitment. We would like to sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered. We want to resolve these maintenance issues immediately. Please email us at your earliest convenience referencing your review at wecare@westin.com so we may gather more information regarding the dates you were here and the room number you were in. Once again we appreciate your feedback.

Be Inspired,
Kalyn Wilson

Been to Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria? Share your experiences!