“Perfect from begining to end” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #117 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Atascocita, Texas, United States
“Perfect from begining to end”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

we had a large group of people stay at your location for Rodeo Houston 2013 BBQ cook off. Your staff greated us the moment we arrived with helpful smiling faces. They helped us arrange for transportation to and from the event and even helped us with late evening food order! All I can say is Thank you from me and everyone in our party!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DIRECTOROFSALES007, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hi Mark,

Thank you for choosing the stay with us while attending the Championship BBQ Cook-Off! We are pleased that our service and location exceeded your needs. We look forward to seeing you again same time next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at the Crown Plaza this past wknd for the Houston rode cookoff .... the rooms were great clean and spacious, hotel staff was very frendly and accomodating to all of our needs will definitly be staying here again ......

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Melanie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting the Houston Rodeo BBQ Cook-Off! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again next year!
Thibodaux, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I sent a email at least a week before my stay and didn't receive a reply until the day of my arrival. I requested two simple things that could have easily been arraigned if they would have answered my email at the time it was sent.

The room was outdated and there was hair all over the bathtub so I had to wipe it clean with hand sanitizer. It was a non smoking room but smelled like smoke. The bathroom wasn't even large enough for two people to brush their teeth at the same time. The hot water was so hot you couldn't turn it on without turning on the cold unless you wanted to burn yourself. The people at check in were unhelpful and seemed like they could care less about what I required due to medical problems but they did it with a smile. The lady who cleaned my room couldn't understand English so I wasn't even able to ask them to come back later. The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable and I could feel the springs. My husband couldn't even walk for the entire morning and afternoon because his back hurt so much from the 20 year old mattress. I requested a king room and we were given a room with two very small full size beds. The insulation was so poor I could hear doors slamming all night. If you let the door close on its own it sounded like you we're slamming it shut. The pretty view in the pictures of the pond surrounded by grass looked more like an overrun septic pool with weeds sourounding it. You also needed to walk across a road to get to it and this wasn't a area I would suggest walking around in. There were no places within a safe walking distance to eat so it was hotel food or a little drive. Also, do not bother to ask about the hotel shuttle because they'll give you an excuse why they can't drive you 4 miles away or how they're too busy because of the All Star games the next weekend. I was under the impression that you could be driven anywhere within 5 miles so I even mapped out the distance on GPS. Every time I asked about something I was given the excuse its because of the all star games which were four days after our check in and we only stayed two nights. I could continue but overall this was one of the worst hotel stays in a very long time and I have to travel to Houston at least every three months. I went through Priceline and was told it was a 3 1/2 star hotel and maybe it was in the 70s but I bid on it so I didn't get to choose a room. I would suggest paying a little bit more so you don't end up here. It was a bit of a nightmare when due to health reasons I can't drive but I had to be seen by my oncology team, due to the horrible bed my husbands back hurt too bad to drive or even walk, and then the hotel shuttle would not drive me 4 miles away. The positive thing was the good complimentary coffee you could get in the morning. I had to find out about that in the gift shop when I was looking for coffee because you only get enough for one person (we didn't even get more for the second morning). So if you stay go down to the 2nd floor restaurant in the morning for your coffee.

From my perspective this seemed like it is basically a hotel you stay at for business conferences because it wasn't close to anything from what I could tell. So I guess it would be a good hotel for a conference. I couldn't even suggest a wedding unless it a 70's theme.

• Stayed February 2013
DIRECTOROFSALES007, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear LizEL678,

Thank for taking the time to share your recent experience with us, Although we are disappointed that our accommodations fell short of your expectations, we do value your feedback and our management team will be sure to address the issues you mentioned.

Happy Travels!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The room were updated recently. The staff was vert firendly and helpful. They made me feel comfortable and at home. The food was excellent. The location was central to many activities in downtown Houston. The hotel will transport you to a function in the downtown area and come back to pick you up. Great service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
DIRECTOROFSALES007, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Sheila W.,

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and felt at home as our guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Happy Travels!
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've been a patron of the Crowne Plaza for over 5 years now. They have ALWAYS been my first choice when booking meetings/conferences downtown. Not only is the customer service impeccable, but the catering is excellent. I've had issues with food temperature at other venues, but the Crowne Plaza never disappoints. They are VERY accommodating and always strive to meet all of your expectations. I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing their hotel rooms, but if they are anything like their Event Planning and Meeting Department, I know I will not be disappointed. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi NaomiAHouston,

We are pleased that your experiences with planning and hosting meetings/conferences at the Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown has exceeded your expectations time after time We value your partnership and look forward to another 5+ years.

Many thanks,
Tanya
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I booked our company Holiday Party with the Crowne Plaza Downtown hotel. I worked closely with the Director of Catering, Heather Fricke in assuring all of our expectations were not only met, but were exceeded! The holiday decorations were beautiful, adding to the festive feel as you entered the hotel. The main room where we held our sit-down holiday dinner was decorated beautifully. Heater took extra steps in ensuring the table decorations and chair decorations matched, even hand tying bows and ornaments to the back of the chairs (we had 80 attendees). She even took over the decoration of our candy bar. Compliments to the chef, the food was delicious! Everyone had a wonderful time!

Adrienne P.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DIRECTOROFSALES007, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Adrienne,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Holiday Party experience at the Crowne Plaza Downtown! We are proud of our team and the service we provide and I know that Heather is thrilled to know that you she exceeded your expectations, she's a GEM!

We hope to see you again very soon!
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Fabulous staff and prime Downtown location!!!! We deal with there sales group and catering a lot and they are amazing. They always make sure that our corporate events are well taken care of. Thank you Tanya, Heather, Sal, Laura, Aurora and Victor!!!! You are the best!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Jesse,

Thank you so much for sharing your "LOVE" for the Crowne with others! We do have an amazing team, thanks again for the recognition!

See you soon!
Tanya

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown? Share your experiences!