“Happy Surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Galleria Houston Hotel

You added Westin Galleria Houston Hotel to your Saves list
Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5060 West Alabama Street, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #162 of 474 Hotels in Houston
Huntsville, Texas
“Happy Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Booking two weeks in advance, I got a great deal through a "mystery" discounter, where you learn the name of your hotel after you've paid. Sometimes, this can be a risk, but this time, I got appr. 40% off the rack rate and was happily surprised. Though a bit difficult to locate and access, the hotel connects directly to the Galleria; you can access the entire mall without ever leaving cover and a/c, which was most welcome during my rainy, hot, and humid stay. Another surprise was free self-parking at an adjacent garage; wi-fi was $9.95, though.The room itself was standard for a 3-4 star hotel; a bit dated and worn, yes, but well maintained and comfortable. My only negative was that I had some loud neighbors who returned at 4:30 a.m. At 5:00, I called the front desk for ear plugs and was told they would soon be delivered. After waiting thirty minutes, I called again, and was told that there were no plugs available. I can understand this, but the front desk guy then said, "We tried calling to tell you this...," which wasn't true. A minor negative in an otherwise pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Access to the hotel is a little tricky: the entrance is on Alabama, which is a one way (west to east...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Jamilah G, Executive Assistant at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Greetings DavidMcTier,

Thank you for your feedback. At the Westin Galleria, we value all forms of feedback as it provides us with an opportunity to learn and improve. We are so glad that we were lucky enough to be your mystery hotel. It was a pleasure to host your stay. I apologize for the noise regarding your neighbors and that we failed to follow up regarding the ear plugs. I understand that this can create a negative impact on your stay, but we truly appreciate your understanding. I do hope the rest of your stay was a rejuvenating experience. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you allow us the honor of hosting your next stay in Houston.

Kind Regards,
Jamilah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

In town for one of our son's wedding and we stayed here before heading out to the festivities. Every aspect of the hotel and surrounding area was fantastic. Our room was beautiful, roomy, huge bathroom and giant bed.
Being right at the Galleria was so helpful not only for the items I forgot to bring for the wedding but a Starbucks for the early morning coffee run. The staff was a delight and lobby bar was a great spot for a nightcap.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jamilah G, Executive Assistant at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Greetings TinySeasideDancer,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are elated that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is such a pleasure to know that you were able to take advantage of our unique and convenience location. At the Westin Galleria, we strive to create instinctive experiences for all of our guests and I am so glad that this translated in your stay. We welcome you back anytime!

Boys Ranch, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

For the price this is by far one of the best deals in Houston. The location is great and the service was amazing ~ only downside was there was no bar in the hotel ~ oh well outside of that we were completely happy ~

Room Tip: HIGHER The better
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jamilah G, Executive Assistant at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Brett H,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Westin Galleria Houston Hotel. It was a pleasure to host your stay and we look forward to your return.

glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed for one night to do shopping it's attached to mall check in was fast and staff nice room was on 16th floor and looked onto back of hotel.
Room was very clean but the rooms do not look like they have been re furbished there was a nice pool on 5th floor as I say my sole purpose for the stay was shopping so was great to go into elevator get off at 3 and you are In mall I would recommend this hotel for location I will return we paid 130$ so was value for us only negative point would be no restaurant breakfast is ordered by room service and is way to much but it is a westin.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here for our Son's birthday weekend...Although we have stayed here before, we were blown away by the level of personal service and attention our hosts at the Westin showed my family and I. When we arrived check-in was smooth and effortless. The front desk personal had us checked in less than 5 minutes. They provided our sons each a Westin kid's bag with goodies in them for their stay. Upon learning of the birthday weekend we were surprised after arriving at our room by a knock at the door where the front desk had sent special, gourmet cookies to our room for the birthday boy! What a great touch Westin! The hotel advised us that the kids movie was set for 6:30 that evening....What a great time! Snacks and games, and a movie to boot...I couldn't have planned it better myself.

There are just no words to describe our positive experience but to say Thank you! and we definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms towards the end of the corridor , away from the elevator are best.
Green Features: The Westin slows for you to use the towels for more than one use if you choose by designating such to the front desk.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jamilah G, Executive Assistant at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Greetings Yohi459,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is a great pleasure to have hosted such a special occasion for you and your family. At the Westin Galleria, we take great pride in creating memorable experiences and we are so glad that you allowed us the privilege to be the place where you celebrated your son’s birthday. We know that you had other options, but we are delighted that you chose the Westin Galleria and we hope to see you again soon!

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I don't have a whole lot to say regarding either extreme good or bad aspects of this hotel. Westins are all pretty nice. This one is attached to the Mall, which is convenient. The downtown location is also pretty good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Fantastic experience staying here. I was traveling for business and was very pleasantly surprised by my experience here. I did not expect much from a hotel attached to a mall, but the elegance and customer service here was beyond excellent. When I go back to Houston, I will definetly stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business